Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Is (PJ's) Gollum more cheerful and friendly than Legolas?

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 26 2014, 8:56pm

Post #1 of 2 (395 views)
Shortcut
Is (PJ's) Gollum more cheerful and friendly than Legolas? Can't Post

Is (PJ's) Aragorn sadder than Gimli?

Is PJ's Denethor depressed and anxious while JRRT's Denethor is open and altruistic?

The data has been crunched and it's all here:
http://vinmisra.github.io/...etty-vulnerable-guy/

There are character spectrums for the movie characters and comparisons between characters as depicted in the movies vs as in the books.

And as a bonus, data about people who tweet about LOTR has also been crunched. In general, Tolkien-tweeters are imaginative, intelligent, have a prominent need for self-expression, and tend to challenge authority.

Lots of nice info graphics are provided plus technical info to explain the method used to arrive at all this data.

How much do you agree, disagree, or think the whole thing is bogus. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Dec 26 2014, 8:56pm)

demnation
Rohan

Dec 27 2014, 2:27am

Post #2 of 2 (298 views)
Shortcut
It's all very interesting, but in the end a bunch of bogus to me [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think it has more to do with how I personally perceive the characters in the books and films than with the methods that they used. For example, I don't see Bilbo as angry or neurotic. And the Unassertive bit is baffling to me: he's probably the most assertive person the in entire story, both book and films. And Thorin is stable? Laugh

But the stuff about Tolkien tweeters i'm more willing to believe, but that's only because I generally think Tolkien fans are top notch peopleSmile

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.