Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So where does the Morgul dagger storyline go?

Annatar598
Rohan

Dec 25 2014, 10:10pm

Post #1 of 6 (852 views)
Shortcut
So where does the Morgul dagger storyline go? Can't Post

It seemed like there would be a buildup to SOMETHING.

And this is the same blade that stabs Frodo so how does it go back to the Witch King.

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 25 2014, 10:32pm

Post #2 of 6 (491 views)
Shortcut
It's just a clue that inspires Gandalf to investigate Dol Guldur isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

And a reflection of the Nazgul suspicions in the text.

Presumably, it was removed from Gandalf during his imprisonment.

Faramir5
Bree

Dec 26 2014, 12:39am

Post #3 of 6 (421 views)
Shortcut
Storyline? [In reply to] Can't Post

The morgul blade was simply to bring news of the nazgul...and it led up to them being shown in BOTFA.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 26 2014, 1:39pm

Post #4 of 6 (268 views)
Shortcut
The Morgal-blade [In reply to] Can't Post

It was claimed at one point that the blade would be reclaimed or returned to its owner. Perhaps this will show up in the extended edition.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Dec 26 2014, 10:02pm

Post #5 of 6 (244 views)
Shortcut
Didn't Jackson say in the AUJ EE commentary... [In reply to] Can't Post

....that we would see in the third film how it gets returned? Haven't listened myself but I'm sure I read that on TORn at the time.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 27 2014, 1:48pm

Post #6 of 6 (196 views)
Shortcut
zMaybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Didn't Jackson say in the AUJ EE commentary...that we would see in the third film how it gets returned? Haven't listened myself but I'm sure I read that on TORn at the time.

It was certainly stated somewhere. We might still see in in the extended edition.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.