I'll start with mine!

*My list is not meant to be all-encompassing

- Guardians of the Three Prologue
- More Smaug/Lake-town
- Beorn torture scene
- Longer Dol Guldur scene
- Saruman/Sauron scene
- Radagast gives Gandalf his staff
- A Thief in the Night (Bilbo and Bofur)
- Azog's army
- Elf arrows vs Dwarf ballistae
- Dwarf ram riders
- Thorin's justification
- Dwarf charge
- Moment for:
- Bifur (Axe)
- Bombur (Talking)
- More Beorn
- Funeral scene
- Dain's coronation

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 51 (1007 views)
Shortcut
What I really-really want... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is the funeral scene and more Beorn. The rest will all be a bonus.

Thrain II
Lorien

Dec 24 2014, 8:34pm

Post #3 of 51 (901 views)
Shortcut
For me [In reply to] Can't Post

more Beorn and Heirs funeral is a must, but it would be nice to see Dain's coronation, more dwarf company in the battle, and more Dol Guldur. Smile

Thrain II
Lorien

Dec 24 2014, 8:35pm

Post #4 of 51 (913 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I wrote almost exactly the same post, then rewrote it to add more, and almost in the same time you posted, weird Crazy

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 8:38pm

Post #5 of 51 (858 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

You know what they say about great minds. Wink

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 24 2014, 8:49pm

Post #6 of 51 (859 views)
Shortcut
Mine: [In reply to] Can't Post

1)An approximately 2 minutes extended Lake Town
2) Sauron interrogating Gandalf about the Three Rings
3)The Funeral Scene and the resolution of Arkenstone
4)Beorn as a character,more Beorn in battle
5)More interaction between Dwarves
6) A tighter editiong of the Battle before Ravenhill
7) A clearer resolution of the battle
8)More of Dain Ironfoot

Everything else would be more than welcome of course.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Dec 24 2014, 8:49pm)

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Dec 24 2014, 8:49pm

Post #7 of 51 (854 views)
Shortcut
I'll give it a try, borrowing some of yours [In reply to] Can't Post

- A prologue, any prologue
- More Smaug attacking Lake-town
- More of the White Council vs. Sauron in Dol Guldur
- More Radagast
- More Beorn, I'll take anything but especially in the battle
- More of the Gundabad army, they arrive and then are pretty much instantly defeated/cut away from in the film as it is now, I want to see a lot more
- More Bolg, preferably being killed by Beorn, but as I realize that's unrealistic I'd be satisfied with more Bolg vs. Legolas, something felt off, like his defeat was just a bit "too easy", as my brother put it
- Moments for all the dwarves that got lost a bit in the theatrical cut
- The funeral
- Dáin's coronation

Thrain II
Lorien

Dec 24 2014, 8:50pm

Post #8 of 51 (815 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Thrain II on Dec 24 2014, 8:50pm)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Dec 24 2014, 9:03pm

Post #9 of 51 (824 views)
Shortcut
Above all, the funeral scene [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still a little bit stunned that it wasn't in the movie. Out of all three movies, leaving out the funeral scene at the end has to top my list of 'weird decisions'. Other than that, more time with the dwarves would be great.

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 9:08pm

Post #10 of 51 (846 views)
Shortcut
Similar to others.... [In reply to] Can't Post

- More Thorin. I don't care, he's my favorite. There can never be too much Thorin. Ever.TongueHeart
- Have some sort of brief mention of the ravens and the house of Durin. I know WE know, but think it could be made a BIT more clear in the film that the birds are motifs of the house of Durin, and there is a close connection. (Tho I was unbelievably happy to see ravens, as I didn't think they were going to show up at all...Frown) Balin does allude to the birds, but I would like just a line or two more.
- More dwarves! more dwarves! SOME interaction of some kind, the Balin and Dwalin scenes were wonderful, we don't even get these close brothers having a conversation, like, which would be logical - like Fili
asking "what's up with you and that elf?" Something!Unsure
- the promised (or at least talked about in earlier articles) battle moment for each and every dwarf
- Beorn - all this time I thought they had been lovingly working on battle scenes with him *frown*Mad
- Thorin RALLYING the army - which would be a major change, but scenes were switched out in the DOS EE and I can't believe they wouldn't have filmed Thorin doing that.Unsure
- More Dain, I don't care how.Heart
- More Thranduil fighting, up close - I mean as a fighter he's supposed to be a "game changer" and all...Unsure
- Put back the scene re "everything I did, I did for them..."Heart

And for me, they can cut down or delete the Legolas/Tauriel Gundabad scene - zzzzzzzzz.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

(This post was edited by Avandel on Dec 24 2014, 9:12pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 24 2014, 9:10pm

Post #11 of 51 (811 views)
Shortcut
Noooo. [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked the Gundabad scene with Legolas and Tauriel. Cut down Alfrid a bit instead Tongue

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 9:19pm

Post #12 of 51 (799 views)
Shortcut
LOL yessss *grins*...my Alfrid! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love AlfridHeart. OK, the movie was a TAD heavy-handed over what a weasel he isCool, but still he did, I think, give Luke Evans something to play off of. The movie doesn't make much of it,
but I think having to deal with someone honest and good must have been baffling to Alfrid.LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

(And I was wondering if Alfrid would have one of those *cough* heartwarming, if trope moment, where he has a complete change of heart - guess not.Cool)

I liked the fortress in Gundabad, which IMO was a totally cool design - still suspecting that may have been a del Toro concept. It was SO stark.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

(This post was edited by Avandel on Dec 24 2014, 9:21pm)

CathrineB
Rohan

Dec 24 2014, 9:33pm

Post #13 of 51 (788 views)
Shortcut
More [In reply to] Can't Post

+ Fili and other dwarves
+ Not more Legolas Laugh
+ Funeral
+ Notching up the epic music moments for heaven's sake! I can't for the life of me understand why they cut down on the music (volume, some moments the music is there, but you can hardly hear it) so much which is such a huge part of the tolkien univerrse!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Dec 24 2014, 9:34pm

Post #14 of 51 (779 views)
Shortcut
This is pretty much my list as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
- More Thorin. I don't care, he's my favorite. There can never be too much Thorin. Ever.TongueHeart
- Have some sort of brief mention of the ravens and the house of Durin. I know WE know, but think it could be made a BIT more clear in the film that the birds are motifs of the house of Durin, and there is a close connection. (Though I was unbelievably happy to see ravens, as I didn't think they were going to show up at all...Frown) Balin does allude to the birds, but I would like just a line or two more.
- More dwarves! more dwarves! SOME interaction of some kind, the Balin and Dwalin scenes were wonderful, we don't even get these close brothers having a conversation, like, which would be logical - like Fili asking "what's up with you and that elf?" Something!Unsure
- the promised (or at least talked about in earlier articles) battle moment for each and every dwarf
- Beorn - all this time I thought they had been lovingly working on battle scenes with him *frown*Mad
- Thorin RALLYING the army - which would be a major change, but scenes were switched out in the DOS EE and I can't believe they wouldn't have filmed Thorin doing that.Unsure
- Put back the scene re "everything I did, I did for them..."Heart

but I am not looking forward to the funeral scene, since that's going to make me cry even harder. Can't we have an alternate ending instead? Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 24 2014, 9:47pm

Post #15 of 51 (756 views)
Shortcut
But confused about the rallying. Isn't that already in? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought Thorin charging out turned the morale of the troops and we have Gandalf(?) saying that up they are rallying to the king. Or am I misremembering?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 9:55pm

Post #16 of 51 (737 views)
Shortcut
And let's not forget... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Dain's "To the King! To the King!"

nymmerod
The Shire

Dec 24 2014, 9:57pm

Post #17 of 51 (746 views)
Shortcut
one thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen mentioned here yet is the Dwarven rings subplot which has been a part of the previous 2 EEs... it would be nice to have a brief continuation of that.

Aside from that I just want tons more Beorn and some closure on Radagast and Tauriel and a funeral/coronation wrap up.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96226

Sharkey
The Shire

Dec 24 2014, 10:26pm

Post #18 of 51 (723 views)
Shortcut
Let's see... [In reply to] Can't Post

The funeral- Bard laying the Arkenstone with Thorin (i'm still surprised this one shot didn't make the TE; they didn't have to show the whole procession, but the Arkenstone resolution would have been nice.)

Bilbo planting the acorn at Bag End. (I would have made this the time jump transition. After the ring scene, young Bilbo shakes off his worries and buries the acorn, which we see grow into the party tree as old Bilbo looks out his window and then sits at the map.)

Bofur letting Bilbo leave Erebor. (call back to the Gobln Tunnels)

Beorn, of course.

ANYTHING with Saruman. (I was thinking a White Council debriefing in Rivendell, but Galadriel and Elrond are given a proper send-off.)

Legolas losing track of Bolg (horse chase) after DOS.

Seems like a fair amount of Alfrid scenes were more suited to the EE (so hopefully the EE doesn't add anything else for him).

I thought we got plenty of Dain, but... I don't require a grandiose coronation, but simply some sort of indication that he'll be taking over.

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 10:29pm

Post #19 of 51 (745 views)
Shortcut
No, but gaawwgh, I can't find this image... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I saw it, looked like it came from the BOFA Annual 2015 (don't have all the companion books), but Thorin is standing with the raised dwarf sword, looking down, and there's a text overlay "We are the Sons of Durin, and Durin folk do not flee from a fight!" E.g., from this kind of "leak" in children's book at the time, I assumed that there would be a/the rallying speech.Unsure

Come to think of it, while I wouldn't object to that (especially with Thorin's magnificent voice), perhaps that is why in the film PJ went in a different, and IMO very cool, direction, as opposed to doing another Braveheart kind of approach. Tho I still would love another Thorin-speech.HeartHeartHeart Thorin on the wall, wind perfectly swirling his espresso maneTongue, voice soaring across the battlefield, fire in his eyes *sigh*.Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 24 2014, 10:58pm

Post #20 of 51 (698 views)
Shortcut
I'm not big on the funeral scene either [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing Bilbo with Thorin hurts enough, and I am not sure any more honor could be given than the love of a friend. For some it seems, the Durins deserve that respect (without a doubt!).

For others, it seems to be a need for closure, but over the long term I don't see myself as closing anything, really, seeing for me these films are more about the journey than anything, and the unlikely bond that forms between the Mountain King and this little hobbit.

Can't we have an alternate ending instead? Unsure

Sure! Not one that PJ films, exactly, but then again after all the *cough* ALTERATIONS PJ & co. felt were appropriateShocked I see no problem at all with rewriting any ending you like
in your head.

Life (and ME) are better with the Durins in it, and having sat through the sorrow 3 times and probably more before it leaves theaters, perhaps, it's time for an alternate universe
ending of sorts. And I imagine, in any case, that sooner or later someone is going to re-film the Hobbit, and change the ending anyway, even more than PJ.Cool

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Dec 24 2014, 11:16pm

Post #21 of 51 (677 views)
Shortcut
more [In reply to] Can't Post

Just more of everything a bit..
and the funeral

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Dec 25 2014, 12:08am

Post #22 of 51 (678 views)
Shortcut
More... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Thorin's funeral, of course, which could resolve not only the Arkenstone subplot but the Orcrist subplot too (Legolas acknowledges Thorin's right to it). Maybe even a hint that Dain will now become king to resolve the "line of Durin" subplot.
...mourning for Fili and Kili too
...Beorn in battle
...interaction among the "minor" Dwarves. Also more with Thorin-Fili
...results of the battle (we're pretty sure the good guys won...)
...what happens to Tauriel
...clarity on why Legolas can't go back
...I want the war-elk to make a miraculous recovery
...darn it, I want Thranduil to get his necklace back and mellow a tad Wink

I wouldn't mind seeing how Gandalf gets Radagast's staff...or how he gets his hat back. Angelic

There's more I want to see, but I can't think of it all at the moment!

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Kim
Valinor

Dec 25 2014, 12:56am

Post #23 of 51 (669 views)
Shortcut
this image? [In reply to] Can't Post

I never really got the impression that this would be part of a rallying speech, more of just a general PR image. Although, I suppose I could see this as something Thorin could have said in response to Kili's "will not let others fight our battles for us" line, but they opted to go for the quieter response instead.

Thorin on the wall, wind perfectly swirling his espresso maneTongue, voice soaring across the battlefield, fire in his eyes *sigh*.Cool

I do like this image though. Smile

#OneLastTime

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Dec 25 2014, 2:34am

Post #24 of 51 (618 views)
Shortcut
My list [In reply to] Can't Post

- Some sort of prologue, preferably Thorin trying to convince Dáin to help him reclaim Erebor, ending with some sort of reference to Smaug in order to segue back to Lake-town's imminent destruction.
- More of the Dol Guldur scene.
- All trailer moments not seen in film: Elves shooting arrows at Dwarves, Dwarves riding rams into battle, Wargs chasing a few of Thorin's Dwarves in a wooden chariot on frozen lake, etc.
- More Óin, Glóin, Dori, Nori, Ori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, and, considering his fate, Fíli especially.
- More Beorn... and more of him and the Eagles turning the tide in the battle.
- Thorin/Fíli/Kíli funeral, with Thorin being buried with Orcrist and the Arkenstone (Bard making a last-minute decision to put it into his coffin would be a nice touch).
- Dáin's coronation... and possibly some sort of makeshift coronation for Bard as well (would be a good opportunity to re-align the two kingdoms).
- Some sort of closure for Tauriel's character.
- Some sort of explanation as to why Radagast sits out the even-more-important events of LOTR (and a clearer handing over of his staff to Gandalf).

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 25 2014, 2:48am

Post #25 of 51 (631 views)
Shortcut
Mine: [In reply to] Can't Post

1. More Beorn character moments, perhaps including Gandalf and Bilbo stopping of at Beorn's place on the way home.

2. Thranduil closure, including finally explaining the white gems (there is no reason given in the film as to why the gems are so important to Thranduil).

3. Bard closure.

4. Funeral at the end.

5. Arkenstone closure.

6. Anything more about Thorin.

7. More Dain.

8. Confirmation that the elk is not actually dead, but only wounded would be nice.

However, no more grossness, violence (barring some graceful moves from the stunning Thranduil), silly stunts, Legolas or Tauriel (although I suppose the latter can be in the background of a scene with Thranduil).

I really, really hope PJ delivers on this – feel it is far more important to get the EE right for this film than for the others.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.