The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
One Last Party - Hotels?

caoil
The Shire

Dec 23 2014, 6:56pm

Post #1 of 7 (4171 views)
Shortcut
One Last Party - Hotels? Can't Post

Are there any TORnfriends out there who would want to split the cost of a hotel room? I did airbnb last year but it would be nice to be in a proper hotel. I don't snore, I'm good at sharing space/bathroom time/dresser drawers/closet room. The ones listed in the last campaign update look nice, but I just can't swing that on my own.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 9:45pm

Post #2 of 7 (3983 views)
Shortcut
The hotel list for those needing it [In reply to] Can't Post

Hollywood W Hotel
The Redbury Hollywood
Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood
Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame
Hollywood Hotel Roosevelt
Orchid Suites Hollywood
Magic Castle Hotel in Hollywood
Blvd. Hotel and Suite, Hollywood
Best Western Hollywood Plaza Inn

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Rachel1978

Jan 14 2015, 10:44am

Post #3 of 7 (3872 views)
Shortcut
Still lookin? [In reply to] Can't Post

are you still looking for a roomie?

caoil
The Shire

Jan 14 2015, 5:01pm

Post #4 of 7 (3871 views)
Shortcut
*sadface* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! No, I finally just booked myself into an airbnb place as I hadn't heard anything. :-/ Sorry!

Rachel1978

Jan 14 2015, 5:09pm

Post #5 of 7 (3872 views)
Shortcut
What is [In reply to] Can't Post

what is an airbnb? A bed and breakfast? Was it pricey and where is it located? Might be my last resort if I don't find someone too

caoil
The Shire

Jan 14 2015, 5:20pm

Post #6 of 7 (3886 views)
Shortcut
airbnb [In reply to] Can't Post

It's basically individuals renting out their couch, a separate room, or else their entire suite. I used it for a trip to Washington, DC (separate room) which was I think $68 a night, then last year's party trip to LA (inflated bed in a living room) which was about $40 a night. This time I got a solo place, a little studio, in a good area of town for just over $70 a night. You just have to be cautious & do a lot of reading of the reviews from previous guests (was it clean, did the key handoff go okay, were the hosts communicative etc). www.airbnb.com and then just look up Los Angeles, or Hollywood specifically if that's where you want to be, and choose the parameters (arrival/departure, how much you want to spend, whether you want it to yourself or are okay with the couch, and so on!).

Rachel1978

Jan 14 2015, 5:33pm

Post #7 of 7 (3905 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for letting me know. I'll check it out

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.