Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Battle of the Five Armies: Missing Animation (Weta?)

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 1:28pm

Post #1 of 14 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Battle of the Five Armies: Missing Animation (Weta?) Can't Post

I spoted something where somebody missed to animate a quite important orc. Caught it during my third time in theaters :)

When the battle begins and the orc horn next to azog is blown for the first time the sound effect is there but we can clearly see that the ork next to the horn is just standing there doing nothing.

This could still be fixed for the extended edition. Since post production of return of the king was a living nightmare for both Howard, Weta and the editing team (never mind Peter :P) the same thing might have occoured here and it was simply forgotten considering the high amount of shots they had to deliver.

Did anyone else see anything like that?

And most importantly: How to reach Weta so they can actually fix this? They are working on the extendet edition anyways and I'm sure being the perfectionist that they are I'd bug them if it would be like that forever.

Does anyone know?

AshNazg
Gondor

Dec 23 2014, 1:45pm

Post #2 of 14 (547 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes people just stand still? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it that bad? I'm kinda picturing the orcs in the Bakshi version. Where most of them are static drawings. Smile

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 1:52pm

Post #3 of 14 (514 views)
Shortcut
/ [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not saying its bad but its a mistake. You hear this tremendous horn being blown AND SEE that the orc who should be blowing is just standing their like a dud.

come on! thats odd, no?

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 23 2014, 2:04pm

Post #4 of 14 (489 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps you should write to them and let them know. [In reply to] Can't Post

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 2:13pm

Post #5 of 14 (450 views)
Shortcut

I'd love to but how?

using this address: info@wetaworkshop.co.nz

I'd expect no one to even read it or reply. Usually companies (and I worked for one that did that) use the info@ address as a dump address for the public....

Has anyone ever writte to them and got a response? If so, using what address?

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 23 2014, 2:23pm

Post #6 of 14 (435 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps they have a special address or unit for feedback such as this? [In reply to] Can't Post

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 2:36pm

Post #7 of 14 (421 views)
Shortcut

Maybe, but how would I ever find that out?

I think I'll write them a letter. A good old piece of paper in a large envelope with red writing on it saying "MISSING ANIMATION BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIS" might do the job.

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Dec 23 2014, 3:11pm

Post #8 of 14 (399 views)
Shortcut
I'd say avoid the all-caps red ink [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless you want the letter to be "filed" in the crazy bin immediately.

* crunch *

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Dec 23 2014, 3:32pm

Post #9 of 14 (404 views)
Shortcut
if someone really write them down for telling them about this I would like them to tell us how the story ends [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 3:36pm

Post #10 of 14 (384 views)
Shortcut

I'll send them a letter.

I let you guys know once I sent it out and if I get a response.

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Dec 23 2014, 3:49pm

Post #11 of 14 (379 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't get your hopes up [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

And most importantly: How to reach Weta so they can actually fix this? They are working on the extendet edition anyways and I'm sure being the perfectionist that they are I'd bug them if it would be like that forever.

If they didn't fix the smoke going backwards down into all the chimneys of Edoras at the beginning of ROTK (where Eowyn is standing on the steps), they aren't likely to fix much anywhere else.

NAArP: Not An Ardent purist since Arda was dented

Starsky

Dec 23 2014, 3:52pm

Post #12 of 14 (367 views)
Shortcut

don't be such a pessimist. I'll write them a nice letter and we'll see. It can't hurt to give it a try.

NateGate
Rivendell

Dec 23 2014, 4:56pm

Post #13 of 14 (345 views)
Shortcut
Wow! I noticed it too! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I thought I was seeing things....or looking from a bad angle. Guess I wasn't. When I saw that scene I was just like, "No way! WETA forgot to animate an Orc?" Laugh

Starsky

Dec 25 2014, 8:18pm

Post #14 of 14 (207 views)
Shortcut

I sent out the letter, I'll keep you up to date.

fingers crossed!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.