Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Great to return to the boards, if only for a brief visit! :) All the best everyone

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Dec 21 2014, 8:35pm

Post #1 of 4 (461 views)
Shortcut
Great to return to the boards, if only for a brief visit! :) All the best everyone Can't Post

I've had a great past year. Graduated from university (History at York, UK), and have started work (albeit nothing that special).

About to go to visit my girlfriend in Finland again after a long time of not meeting up (who I met via TORn (Barliman's) Heart (I am eternally grateful and feel it very much Eru-given Smile ).

I kept well clear of all Hobbit spoilers this time round, but found that when I saw the film that it didn't really make to much of a difference in the end... I wasn't that impressed sadly. But, ah, still can't help but feel so closely tied to my Tolkienian roots, manifested in the film/movie-experience by PJ.

I'm so grateful to PJ & Co. for all the brilliant work put into making it a reality with both LOTR and The Hobbit - - - and my life would be much diminished without it (something I think many of us here would agree with, especially as it is a part of the thriving spirit of this wonderful online community!)

How's everyone doing?

Thank-you TORn,
All the best everyone, (Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!)
and hoping to be online more this next year!!
(New Year's resolution?? Wink Smile )

Xana
Cool

"So your own praise will forever keep your name green,
Both here on Earth and on the stage of the stars" - J.G.Kittel, writing about the composer Jan Dismas Zelenka (1740)
Zelenka music sample link

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

batik
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2014, 12:10am

Post #2 of 4 (398 views)
Shortcut
Good to *see* you -briefly, Xanaseb :) [In reply to] Can't Post

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2014, 2:46am

Post #3 of 4 (387 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Xanaseb!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations on graduating! SmileSmileSmile I'm sure you'll eventually find a career you enjoy. But in the meantime, enjoy post-graduation life, especially your time with your girlfriend. It's so wonderful that you found a fellow Tolkien fan here on Barliman's, and that you two are still going strong.Smile

I've been underwhelmed by TH as well, but am still eternally grateful to PJ & co for introducing me to Middle-earth. I read LOTR before the films came out, but it was after seeing the trailers. Loved the LOTR films, all the books, and the "fellowship" here on TORn which I would likely have missed out on if not for PJ.

Real life has been a bit messy of late so I don't spend as much time here as I used to, but I still look in from time to time. It's such a comfort to see what our fellow tornsibs are doing and thinking about. It was a wonderful surprise to see "Xanaseb" in the list of posters! Smile

Merry Christmas, Xanaseb! Hope to "see" you around.

Smile

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2014, 5:18pm

Post #4 of 4 (386 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks for dropping in! I am glad your life is proceeding in good fashion and it sounds like things are on the up and up for you which is only the best it could be.

Glad we have all enjoyed the films together. As Balin says, it now passes into legend, both it's heights and it's depths, and as you stated so very well. We are the better for it.

God Bless and best to your future!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.