The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Trailers and Movies (spoilers)

Iris70
The Shire

Dec 19 2014, 11:42pm

Post #1 of 7 (626 views)
Shortcut
Trailers and Movies (spoilers) Can't Post

Hey, I saw the movie and loved it. I thought Richard's Thorin was awesome! But I couldn't help noticing the differences between the two official trailers and the film. Unsure

Bard and Thorin talking about "Peace" and "war" with totally different attitudes.

Lines completely erased, like "those who survived... and those that did not", " this is the last move in a masterplan... a plan long in the making", "When faced with death, what can anyone do?", "Bilbo was right", or "You have but one question to ask: how shall this day end?"

But mainly, what the f*** happened to the line "Everything I did, I did for them"? I really wanted to know WHO the "them" was (was it Kili and Fili? Or was it Thrain and Thror?)

PJ, are you having fun in releasing your trailers with stuff you are NOT going to show in the actual film? Do we have to wait 11 months to find out in the EE? Wink

Azaghâl
Lorien

Dec 20 2014, 12:51am

Post #2 of 7 (340 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ has made an annoying habbit of including something in his trailers and keeping it out of his movies. Unimpressed

I don't like it.

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 20 2014, 12:54am

Post #3 of 7 (313 views)
Shortcut
PJ doesn't cut the Trailers...// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Azaghâl
Lorien

Dec 20 2014, 12:58am

Post #4 of 7 (315 views)
Shortcut
He's involved in the process [In reply to] Can't Post

And he propably have the final word.

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2014, 1:40am

Post #5 of 7 (286 views)
Shortcut
Not his fault. [In reply to] Can't Post

Every movie does that. It's not just his movies, and he's not the one cutting the trailers anyway. The difference between these movies and most others is that we'll actually get to see most of these missing parts put back into the movie.

shadowdog
Rohan

Dec 20 2014, 3:11am

Post #6 of 7 (266 views)
Shortcut
I have always thought [In reply to] Can't Post

That the trailers are created by the studios from film that has been sort of edited by the director. They often have scenes not in the final film. This is not just an phenomena with Jackson's films.

elentari3018
Rohan

Dec 20 2014, 3:16am

Post #7 of 7 (262 views)
Shortcut
i had the same exact thread about this [In reply to] Can't Post

and i think as many of us here have said, they're waiting to put into the EE...which is unfortunate because the trailer was such a tease to include all those lines and not have it in the MAIN MOVIE which everyone watches.

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.