The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Makeup/Prosthetic mistakes

Scourge of the Stoors
Rivendell

Dec 19 2014, 12:43am

Post #1 of 3 (557 views)
Shortcut
Makeup/Prosthetic mistakes Can't Post

When Balin is talking to Bilbo about the Arkenstone, I can't help but notice the little bit of rubber (on his chin where his beard meets the rest of his face) that resembles tape that doesn't have any beard hair on it. It's hard to believe that a production crew that decided to CGI an entire character would overlook something so obvious.
When Thorin is talking to Dwalin, his eyebrows seem much less bushy and more transparent than usual.
Anyone else notice any conspicuous moments like these?

deskp
Lorien

Dec 19 2014, 12:46am

Post #2 of 3 (337 views)
Shortcut
common [In reply to] Can't Post

You can see the wig fabric several times in all the movies.

around the hairline. The trick is NOT to look Pirate

Scourge of the Stoors
Rivendell

Dec 19 2014, 12:49am

Post #3 of 3 (295 views)
Shortcut
I know! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe I could tell myself it's just dandruff! Yeah, Balin has a big... blotch of..... dandruff.... Pirate
Maybe I'd rather see it as a mistake after all.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.