Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Are we to assume that in SPJ's cinematic treatment of the Hobbit that Tauriel will die of a broken heart?

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Dec 18 2014, 7:55pm

Post #1 of 10 (706 views)
Shortcut
Are we to assume that in SPJ's cinematic treatment of the Hobbit that Tauriel will die of a broken heart? Can't Post

I mean she reacts very strongly in an emotionally negative way when Kili is killed in battle. Could that be an onset of death by broken-heartedness that elves can expire. I think it almost nearly happened to Arwen in the RotK had Aragorn and company failed in their quest!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Dec 18 2014, 8:04pm

Post #2 of 10 (433 views)
Shortcut
really good observation! [In reply to] Can't Post

it really makes me more fond to their romance, as they are showing us another part of middle earth

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

(This post was edited by Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) on Dec 18 2014, 8:15pm)

DigificWriter
Lorien

Dec 18 2014, 8:09pm

Post #3 of 10 (431 views)
Shortcut
I hadnt thought about this, but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it does make sense that Tauriel could have eventually died of heartache, especially since she seemed to have given a large part of her own magic to Kili in saving him, just as Arwen did for Frodo.

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 18 2014, 9:17pm

Post #4 of 10 (345 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Evangeline Lilly really acted well during that grief-scene. Tears were pouring down my cheeks and I was sobbing.

Laineth
Lorien

Dec 18 2014, 9:55pm

Post #5 of 10 (323 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I think she will live on, because how it parallels Thranduil's situation. They both end up understanding each other.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 18 2014, 9:59pm

Post #6 of 10 (288 views)
Shortcut
What she said. // [In reply to] Can't Post

kiwifan
Rohan

Dec 18 2014, 10:02pm

Post #7 of 10 (289 views)
Shortcut
I think you're right. [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially as she's only known Kili such a short time.

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 18 2014, 11:30pm

Post #8 of 10 (262 views)
Shortcut
my impression was... [In reply to] Can't Post

...she'll carry on, but she'll carry that moment of understanding, of deep understanding of a very different person, of another living soul, forever. It will influence how she moves through the world, and the War of the Ring, and ...

massive fanfiction is spawned.....

Any of us who have loved shorter lived beings like cats, dogs, horses etc, know the pain of parting... and if we are wise, we know that there is always another who needs us.

I bet she becomes a liason between worlds of Men Elves and Dwarves.

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Dec 19 2014, 7:48pm

Post #9 of 10 (139 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think soon Oin will come and get her up and take her off to help him with the wounded. Once she's got going, her compassion and engagement will kick in and she would be ashamed to bale out when others need her help. After the wounded, there's all the help that Bard's people will need to get settled... and eventually she will be reconciled with Thranduil and, yes, have a lot to offer as elves, dwarves and men work together.

Cillendor
Lorien

Dec 19 2014, 10:52pm

Post #10 of 10 (125 views)
Shortcut
I hope so. [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked her in DOS, but everything I disliked in BOTFA had something to do with her—or rather, what they did with her character in this film.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.