The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
It is really the end... (No Spoilers)

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Dec 18 2014, 1:02am

Post #1 of 2 (481 views)
Shortcut
It is really the end... (No Spoilers) Can't Post

of a long journey. I had seen BotFA yesterday, and it was absolutely amazing. There were a group of people who came in together and laughed and talked all throughout it, so I really need to watch it a 2nd time, because I could hardly take it in with everything they said. Though everything I took in was absolutely amazing, some, the best I have seen. Like Bilbo Baggins we have went on a long journey with the Middle-Earth Saga, we have traveled to the Lonely Mountain, and now it is finally the end. After watching BotFA, thankfully they were quiet during the end with Bilbo and it made me feel sad and I don't usually share my emotions, not public like this. As I went home, I was a bit annoyed with the people, but it was absolutely amazing, I loved BotFA. Though later on today, the day after, I realized that what I saw was going to be the last of Middle-earth for awhile, even if the EE comes, it won't be quite the same as before. I realized how life-changing and great the Saga was for me. Whether I think it should be called a Saga or not, both trilogies impacted me. I hope I'll see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies many times. Though I know this is not the end, but it will be a long time. This was truly an amazing journey, and I am going to miss these adaptations, created by people who love Middle-earth. I should realize though, that "The road goes ever ever on," Middle-earth will never be forgotten and "I am quite ready for another adventure", though it may not be soon for Middle-earth, though I cannot wait for the day, where I can again say, "I'm going on an adventure!"

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."-from "The Last Goodbye"

(This post was edited by Hobbity Hobbit on Dec 18 2014, 1:07am)

FrogmortonJustice65
Lorien

Dec 18 2014, 3:44am

Post #2 of 2 (138 views)
Shortcut
That's how I feel. [In reply to] Can't Post

After seeing ROTK in theaters 11 years ago, as a child, I wept for the end of Frodo and co.'s journey, and wished desperately that I could see them go on more adventures.

PJ's Hobbit trilogy, while not as epic or profound as LOTR, fulfilled that wish, and give me three wonderful films that allow me to escape to Middle Earth on a moment's notice - for that I am eternally grateful. All 6 films are such a complete experience that I do not feel the need for further adventures, long though I might to see scenes from the books that the films left unexplored.

We will always have these 6 extraordinary movies and Tolkien's masterpiece books.

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

(This post was edited by FrogmortonJustice65 on Dec 18 2014, 3:56am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.