The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
And so it begins!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 17 2014, 10:35pm

Post #1 of 8 (683 views)
Shortcut
And so it begins! Can't Post

from Deadline.com. Hobbit takes in over 11M in the Tuesday previews. Beats DoS. A good sign.

http://deadline.com/...previews-1201328197/

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 17 2014, 10:55pm

Post #2 of 8 (297 views)
Shortcut
wish I could go back tonight.... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I just can't. $$$ shouldn't have become such a spectator sport; but they are, so I hope BOFA sees the cash rolling in, from around the world.

And the thought has already occurred to me that RA/MFs' performances alone are well worth the ticket price and then some.HeartHeartHeart

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Dec 17 2014, 10:59pm

Post #3 of 8 (279 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a real good crowd in my small central valley town here in CA last night. full house for the 7:00 and more importantly also for the 10:00. I have to go back down by there on the way to work and I'm gonna look over and take a look and see what the line is this afternoon.

I really hope U.S. Box office doesn't tank out of the gate. Ireally thought it might with prices the way they are and with not a ton of publicity at least in my area. At least not the kind of publicity we had for the other two films. Maybe it's different in other areas.

Still I hope to see it do well. I agree about the money. I't's an issue. With IMAX tickets costing upwards of $18 and regular tickets in the #14 range it's tough to do multiples. I did do Marathon plus the screening last night.

Oh I just found out i got a small Christmas bonus from my boss. I know what I'll be doing with it.....guess I might get another viewing or two in before Christmas.

cheers!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 17 2014, 11:14pm

Post #4 of 8 (257 views)
Shortcut
WAIT for IT? [In reply to] Can't Post

THE JUGGERNAUT BEGINS...Sorta Like GROND
Ramming the Front GATE to Minas Tirith...

bom will wait & go Monday morning for the 2ND time.,
with a Senior Discount
$5...Cinemark's XTremeHD3D....
IT really payzzz to be
Retired &
Tired of Crowds of... kids.

THINK about THIZZ?

TORnTV is guuna be SSOoo..Fun
azz "PEEPS" PIPE in Worldwide...
for the Next week...

WHY? NOT enjoy THEIR ride with them..TOO?

old BADass
bomby

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Moahunter
Rohan

Dec 17 2014, 11:19pm

Post #5 of 8 (245 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to stay away until the bedlam stops. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone with yet another repetitive comment will be posting.
5 minutes of fame until its on the 2nd page.

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 17 2014, 11:43pm

Post #6 of 8 (217 views)
Shortcut
PR for BOFA? What PR? *sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

I know it's been discussed before - wwwwwellll if the west coast doesn't have a lot of PR, I can't say that the east coast is either - tho there is that lovely banner in Times Square right across the building. Guess I don't watch enough of the right channels to know if there have been lots of TV commercial play.Unsure

But I DID expect theater lobby displays, and more hype (outside of the Intenet) and am just not seeing anything, really. Guess WB is continuing to save its dollars on PR, and (evilly) relying on fandom and viral hype. And they know ME fans will go.Unsure

On a more positive note, tho of course I would love more of PJ's ME films, I am glad that BOFA was wrapped as the movie industry seems to strangle e.g. WB letting people go this year, and the studios ratchet down spending more and more. And have my fingers crossed for BOFA - my urban area, for many, costs don't seem to faze folks (tho I am sure it does for some) the theaters and malls and restaurants seem more crowded than ever. It's tough to find a movie time that ISN'T crowded with other people. I remember going to DOS last year at an IMAX on a Monday night, content that I would have most of the theater to myself - nope!Cool And forget weekends.Frown

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 17 2014, 11:46pm

Post #7 of 8 (202 views)
Shortcut
MoaH..Has your "Embargo" Lifted? [In reply to] Can't Post

where are You & Lissiun in Laketown..?

bom wants to know
to LOOK for YOU2
Next time...

Heart

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 17 2014, 11:56pm

Post #8 of 8 (201 views)
Shortcut
For myself… [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to go again on Friday (already saw it on Monday), but I'll be going in the early afternoon. I want to take in another child-free performance before they break up from school (and adults with them, from work). I can go to the cinema during the day because I'm freelance.Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.