Sending Tauriel and Legolas

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 15 2014, 5:16pm

Post #1 of 6 (651 views)
Shortcut
Sending Tauriel and Legolas Can't Post

to Gundabad...

Does anyone else agree that this was a great decision, to let Legolas and Tauriel scout Gundabad? It served two big purposes for me.

1. We got to see Mt. Gundabad
2. It kept Legolas and Tauriel away from the important negotiations and the majority of the battle. This was a huge relief for me, as I had feared that Leggy and Tauriel would somehow be involved at this stage which maybe meant more Kili/Tauriel scenes and Legolas just being around for the sake of it.... I'm very pleased that they were absent from everything that went down at Erebor at this stage of the movie.

- SPOILERS EDITED OUT OF SUBJECT LINE -

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Dec 15 2014, 5:39pm)

MorganTime2
The Shire

Dec 15 2014, 5:18pm

Post #2 of 6 (363 views)
Shortcut
If only [In reply to] Can't Post

they had made another great decision and let that bat carry Legolas out of the film!

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 15 2014, 5:54pm

Post #3 of 6 (290 views)
Shortcut
It worked well for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I liked the whole 5th army bit - a solid addition.

dubulous
Rohan

Dec 15 2014, 6:14pm

Post #4 of 6 (273 views)
Shortcut
Mostly good [In reply to] Can't Post

It was definitely good that they were out of the way for most of the movie, even though the couple of scenes they had in Gundabad felt pretty flat. It was sort of nice to hear Legolas talk about his mother, but I found that scene a bit unnecessary in terms of moving the plot forward, so I wish they had left it in the EE. The scene where they witness the army leaving would have been sufficient in terms of plot.

And I wouldn't have minded if they got lost on the way back and didn't make it back until the action was all over.

macfalk
Valinor

Dec 15 2014, 6:28pm

Post #5 of 6 (233 views)
Shortcut
Haha, that should definitely have been a thriller-spinoff [In reply to] Can't Post

The Elf Lady And That Cool Archer From LOTR: Lost In Gundabad

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 15 2014, 6:59pm

Post #6 of 6 (212 views)
Shortcut
Yes - I think it was a very sensible use for them.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... because it added something substantial to the film, and they were really the only characters who could go freelance. There was nothing those two could have added to the main story

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.