Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Thranduil vs Azog & Bolg (Film versions)

lastnickleft
The Shire

Dec 14 2014, 5:40pm

Post #1 of 6 (6686 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil vs Azog & Bolg (Film versions) Can't Post

Well, we have already seen how tied is a duel between Legolas and Bolg, and must of us will also agree that Thranduil, just by means of mere age and battle experience, is considerably more skilled than his son. So, what do you think the duel will end if Thranduil faces Bolg as well as his father, Azog, in melee combat? Everyone is using the weapons and armor of BOTFA.

I have to go with Thranduil, but not with ease. He would likely end very injured after fighting both orcs, even with deadly injuries, but, nonetheless, I go with the last Elvenking.Cool

lastnickleft
The Shire

Dec 14 2014, 6:08pm

Post #2 of 6 (6437 views)
Shortcut
Some stats of the warriors [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog

Height: ~2,10 m; Weight: ~140 kg; Age: Unknown (at least 200 years); Weapons: Huge mace, Scimitar and Knife; Armor: Full chest plates; Special moves: Powerful but over-swinged blow.

Bolg

Height: ~2,10 m; Weight: ~140 kg; Age: Unknown (at least 200 years); Weapons: Huge mace and Knife; Armor: Partial surgically integrated plates; Special moves: Smash.

Thranduil

Height: ~1,93m; Weight: 90-100 kg kg; Age: Unknown (at least 7000 years); Weapons: Twin long sabers; Armor: Full chest plates; Special moves: Swift beheading and parry/cut transitions.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2015, 4:58am

Post #3 of 6 (6206 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

I too have to go with the awesome Elvenking......

just because.

awesomeness.

and pie.

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Jan 19 2015, 7:51pm

Post #4 of 6 (6328 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Thranduil could best both Azog and Bolg. Just not at the same time.

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jan 23 2015, 6:14am

Post #5 of 6 (6213 views)
Shortcut
The Orcs [In reply to] Can't Post

would be too much for Thranduil. I do think he is better than both individually, but fighting off both of them would be a problem even for him IMO.

lastnickleft
The Shire

Jan 27 2015, 5:33am

Post #6 of 6 (6207 views)
Shortcut
How much [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this could be well proportioned starting by stating how much more skilled is Thranduil than Legolas. Legolas seemed very tied to Bolg in both fights, though always having an upperhand in my opinion. So, do you think that Thranduil is just slightly more skilled than his son? And, how about Azog? Is he actually as hard to kill as he appears? Or just had not strong enough foes?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.