Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXVIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Me85
Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 10:11pm

Post #26 of 208 (1018 views)
Shortcut
     gorgeous [In reply to]  

Thranduil looks even more stunning in BOTFA than in DoS!Heart

mariel
Lorien

Dec 10 2014, 10:12pm

Post #27 of 208 (1051 views)
Shortcut
     I haven't seen this pic before [In reply to]  

Where is it from? Thanks for posting it.

VValar
Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 10:17pm

Post #28 of 208 (997 views)
Shortcut
     No idea [In reply to]  

Just found it while browsing. There is no HR either, just this one pic.

PS busy with replying to your PM Smile But I'm distracted cause ROTK is being aired on tv at the moment and even though I have seen it a 100 times already I can't keep my eyes off of it. But commercials are on so I have time to type Cool

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

lastnickleft
The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 10:37pm

Post #29 of 208 (1044 views)
Shortcut
     Stunt **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

Does Thranduil make a front flip to dismount the dying elk? Speaking of which...why the heck had the elk no armor? I mean...

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:13am)

VValar
Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 10:49pm

Post #30 of 208 (1082 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil's awesomeness [In reply to]  

**Spoiler spoiler**

I was so sad for Bubba to die like that. You're right, why on earth didn't the poor Elk wear any armor? This sort of thing was bound to happen Unsure Then again Thranduil might not have expected to ride into battle that day. The dwarves and Orcs did arrive unexpectedly.
When Bubba falls and dies Thranduil is thrown off. But being the super agile Elf king we all know he is, he makes his fall look super balanced and manages to stand up his two feet, ready for some more Orc slaying-action. If my memory serves me right he does some flipping of his own Heart

PS you might want to spoiler-tag your post Or change the colour of your font so it's invicible for those who browse through TA Smile

Me85
Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 10:51pm

Post #31 of 208 (1018 views)
Shortcut
     Spoilers [In reply to]  

Spoiler

Yes he does and yes his elk should definitely have gotten armor.

lastnickleft
The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 10:53pm

Post #32 of 208 (989 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, sorry :( [In reply to]  

Yeah, sorry, I usually do, but this time I forgot, and now I can't edit it.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Dec 10 2014, 11:08pm

Post #33 of 208 (1015 views)
Shortcut
     ---Spoiler--- [In reply to]  

----
Elkie died? I was so concentrated on Thranduil, I thought elkie just fell.
But this elk had some kick-ass scenes. I stared with wide eyes.
----

And thanks for the hint with changing the color, so others won't see spoilers.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

VValar
Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 11:53pm

Post #34 of 208 (991 views)
Shortcut
     Bubba [In reply to]  

**Spoiler Spoiler**
Didn't you notice the two arrows sticking out Bubba's chest? It's the reason he falls onto the ground. Poor thing!

I feel really bad for all the spoilers that are being put up in TA Evil
I hope we do enough blurring for you to read over it. If it's getting too annoying just say so and I'll stop. Don't want to ruin the fun Angelic and I don't want to be the reason for the regulars to stop posting in TA before they've had a chance to see BOFA themselves.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Dec 10 2014, 11:56pm

Post #35 of 208 (941 views)
Shortcut
     Yes. [In reply to]  

There's no 'reply to thread' button as on some forums, so we just click the reply button on the very first post if we don't want to respond to anyone in particular. The subject line thing may seem annoying at first, but it's important to a lot of people reading in threaded mode, and it's really better to just start talking in the subject line than to put "...." . Much easier for 'threaded' viewers to click on, and less stress on the writer to just start talking there instead of thinking up a real post title. =)

Welcome to the boards! We don't bite. Well, not often. ;)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Dec 10 2014, 11:58pm)

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Dec 11 2014, 12:00am

Post #36 of 208 (956 views)
Shortcut
     Thrandy fixated [In reply to]  

I really didn't see that, had my eyes solely on Thranduil. No kidding. That's why I was like "Oh, that did happen?" more than just once today, because I really don't remember seeing/hearing things.

Btw, I agree re: spoilers. Wouldn't want to ruin people's fun.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

VValar
Gondor

Dec 11 2014, 12:04am

Post #37 of 208 (941 views)
Shortcut
     No worries I asked the mod if she could make the spoilers more user friendly to read [In reply to]  

Hope the mod will know what to do with them Evil

VValar
Gondor

Dec 11 2014, 12:05am

Post #38 of 208 (931 views)
Shortcut
     LOL you are forgiven and btw I can't blame you [In reply to]  

Sounds to me you need to see BOFA again, just so you can focus on other things beside Thranduil as well Wink

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Dec 11 2014, 12:30am

Post #39 of 208 (949 views)
Shortcut
     probably going again [In reply to]  

Oh, I just planned on seeing it again- not 100% sure though . But I can't assure I will have eyes for anything or anyone else this time around either. I need the second time to actually remember things. LOL

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 11 2014, 1:47am

Post #40 of 208 (933 views)
Shortcut
     Woo-hoo! Great opening, Eruvandi [In reply to]  

and good to have you back fulltime on TA!Wink

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXVII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 11 2014, 1:48am

Post #41 of 208 (909 views)
Shortcut
     I've missed this most enticing of resting spots [In reply to]  

Good call!EvilLaughAngelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 11 2014, 2:01am

Post #42 of 208 (936 views)
Shortcut
     *waves* Hello new friends, and leave-taking [In reply to]  

Welcome to TA, everyone new, or previously absent or ex-STVSmile

Wow! It's really fantastic to see Thranduil discussions in TA, and new appreciators chiming in. But, with the excitement from post-BotFA feels from the fortunate ones, I'm getting uncomfortable with navigating the board. And stumbling on spoilers, even in TA just seals the deal. But even with all due spoiler alerts, it is hard to stay away from reading all the posts in TA and chiming in, even if it's just a "THUD" or "Oooh.... me too!"

Anyway, tumblr was already getting bad and I've stopped trawling for Pretty! since yesterday, which means I have nothing to contribute to TA decorating for now anywayEvil So, it's a good pause point, and much as it pains me, I will follow Kerewyn's footsteps, and bow out of the TH board and even TA until after the marathon ends on the early morning of Thursday, 18 Dec for me here. I will however, still check in on TORn, especially the RR and PMs.

Until then, enjoy! and especially to Eruvandi, VValar, mariel, and new friends like on_the_partyelk: See you on the other side of the week Smile

I leave this GIF in recompense for shirking Pretty! trawlingLaughEvilAngelicSmile

Good-bye! *vanishes*

=======

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 11 2014, 11:21am

Post #43 of 208 (881 views)
Shortcut
     A reminder to use "SPOILERS" in your subject lines [In reply to]  

I've been asked to place that in the subject lines of a few posts in this thread.

Please remember that those who run the TA Appreciation Threads are trying to keep them as spoiler-free as possible (at least for now)! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Dec 11 2014, 2:13pm

Post #44 of 208 (842 views)
Shortcut
     I haven't seen BOTFA yet and just now found out about poor Bubba dying [In reply to]  

But that is OK, I could not help but peek in on his Sassiness' special thread. But maybe I'll just roam around the Reading Room until I get to see the movie next week. It doesn't premiere in the US until 12-17-14 Mad Anyhow, I knew the most handsome Elf did not die because of the Professor's Appendices, so I could not help peeking anyway...

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2014, 3:50pm

Post #45 of 208 (827 views)
Shortcut
     Think I'm gonna follow Kerewyn and Lurker's lead now [In reply to]  

There are just too many spoilers coming in now, even in the TA thread for me to keep reading. As of right now I'm officially and completely leaving the Hobbit board until I see BOTFA next Friday. I'll still be checking out the other TORn boards though.

See y'all later!Smile

"The skies don't seem to be as dark as usual
The stars seem brighter than they've been before
And deep within I feel my soul is stirring
As though my hope has been restored.

The shepherds say they've heard the voice of angels
Confirming rumors spread across the land
That a child protected well from Herod's anger
Is our Father's Son and the Son of Man.

Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here I can tell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emanuel."
~Amy Grant "God is With Us"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 11 2014, 4:40pm

Post #46 of 208 (876 views)
Shortcut
     One last LP post before I go (no spoilers, just LP adorkableness) [In reply to]  

TORn now has the HD version of the Happy Hobbit red carpet interview with LP uploaded to YouTube. There are no spoilers because the Happy Hobbits are avoiding spoilers themselves and didn't ask anything that would lead to a spoiler. They did, however, ask if Thranduil has names for his eyebrows and I thought LP's surprised reaction was really cute!Blush Enjoy!

"The skies don't seem to be as dark as usual
The stars seem brighter than they've been before
And deep within I feel my soul is stirring
As though my hope has been restored.

The shepherds say they've heard the voice of angels
Confirming rumors spread across the land
That a child protected well from Herod's anger
Is our Father's Son and the Son of Man.

Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here I can tell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emanuel."
~Amy Grant "God is With Us"

Me85
Rivendell

Dec 11 2014, 5:21pm

Post #47 of 208 (826 views)
Shortcut
     still 6 more days... [In reply to]  

For the last ones to see it. Cant wait for everyone to see it and see what they think of thranduil and the movie in general so everyone can actually discuss it.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Dec 11 2014, 10:51pm

Post #48 of 208 (847 views)
Shortcut
     Funny quote re: Bubba [In reply to]  

"I ride in on an elk played by a horse named Moose"

Lee said it in an (written) interview before, but it's even better to actually hear him say it. Tongue Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Dec 12 2014, 9:11am

Post #49 of 208 (761 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for the interview link [In reply to]  

I hadn't seen it before, enjoyed watching it. Wow those reporters really know very little about TH don't they?

VValar
Gondor

Dec 12 2014, 9:15am

Post #50 of 208 (742 views)
Shortcut
     LOL 'adorkable' indeed [In reply to]  

Ahh he's just so cute in it. What a strange question btw, how do people come up with that? Shocked
The One Ring FB-page posted that clip yesterday and it didn't recieve very enthusiastic reactions by the viewers. People were actually upset they 'dared' asking the eyebrow question. I was expecting to see this very rude question but actually it isn't all too bad and the way LP reacts to it is very 'adorkable' (that's new to me Laugh)

PS now that you're leaving, does this mean you won't read any of the responses? Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.