Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXVIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 6:15pm

Post #1 of 208 (4134 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXVIII  

A couple of friendly reminders aka README!!!!!!!!
- If you're new, or unsure, about posting, especially contributing Pretty!, please refer to the TORn guides on the "Welcome" board, or refer to the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images" and the little PSA from the mods posts right here on the TA threads for quickie information. It might just save you from getting zapped by Wrath of Mod.

- Spoiler avoidance alert:
* There be spoilers since TAXVII due to the DOS EE, and BotFA media releases. Viewing in threaded mode is a better way to go about it if you're keen to avoid them, as you can check the sub-thread titles before you see anything you might regret... though what's to regret when it comes to Thranduil Pretty!, eh?
* IF YOU ARE POSTING SPOILERS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD SPOILER TAGS IN YOUR POST AND/OR SUBJECT.

XXVII (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk)

And now back to your regularly scheduled Thranduil AppreciationHeart

.~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~.

Thanks to VValar and Lurker's thread tipping, and excitement over the LA premier it's time for TA XXVIII!!! Enjoy!Smile

Rolling on with the appreciation for His Fabulous MajestyHeart

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar) | XVIII
XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk) | XXVI (Thread by Eruvandi) | XXVII (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk)

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also "Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"

• [Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"The skies don't seem to be as dark as usual
    The stars seem brighter than they've been before
    And deep within I feel my soul is stirring
    As though my hope has been restored.

The shepherds say they've heard the voice of angels
    Confirming rumors spread across the land
    That a child protected well from Herod's anger
    Is our Father's Son and the Son of Man.

Love is raining down on the world tonight
    There's a presence here I can tell
    God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emanuel."
    ~Amy Grant "God is With Us"

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 4:45pm)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 6:18pm

Post #2 of 208 (3065 views)
    Shortcut
         Just because it should appear at least once in every TA thread... [In reply to]  

Mwahahaha!SmileWinkLaughEvil

*sneaks away to start loading up this thread with replies to the old thread*

macfalk
    Valinor

Dec 10 2014, 6:18pm

Post #3 of 208 (3144 views)
    Shortcut
         My fav Thrandy scene in BOFA **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

Was when he charged with his great elk through a bunch of orcs and his elk pinned like 10 of them on its enormous horns, and Thrandy decapitated them all in one swing of the sword!

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:10am)

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 6:26pm

Post #4 of 208 (3043 views)
    Shortcut
         *waves to macfalk* [In reply to]  

Nice to see you in the TA thread, macfalk.Smile Nice to hear that Bubba the war elk gets to share some of the action with his fabulous owner too!

ltnjmy
    Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 6:33pm

Post #5 of 208 (2999 views)
    Shortcut
         quite right [In reply to]  

I love this lap image about the end of the journey Blush

Me85
    Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 6:47pm

Post #6 of 208 (3116 views)
    Shortcut
         thranduil **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

Hi i'm new. Do you always have reply to someone if you want to make a post?

I saw the movie last night. I wish we got to see more of thranduil fighting instead of legolas. There was much more of legolas in action than thranduil.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:10am)

Glorfindela
    Valinor

Dec 10 2014, 6:53pm

Post #7 of 208 (3036 views)
    Shortcut
         No [In reply to]  

You can create your own post quite easily. On the right-hand side of the page it says 'Post new', and if you click on that it will enable you to create a post. And welcome to the forum – I quite agree with you about Thranduil and Legolas!

In Reply To
    Hi i'm new. Do you always have reply to someone if you want to make a post?

I saw the movie last night. I wish we got to see more of thranduil fighting instead of legolas. There was much more of legolas in action than thranduil.

CathrineB
    Rohan

Dec 10 2014, 7:01pm

Post #8 of 208 (3064 views)
    Shortcut
         Ugh [In reply to]  

I love Thranduil. I love that we got a lot more of him in BOTFA. Lee Pace is an amazing actor.
    At times I sat there thinking "Good god he's amazing" be it for his acting or his looks Laugh He looks very elvish. Also he was highly appericiated in a Norwegian review which made me really happy.

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 7:14pm

Post #9 of 208 (3027 views)
    Shortcut
         Replies to stuff about the LA premier [In reply to]  

Lurker: Piccies... looking beardlessly dapper is the Elvenking

Wow, so many great pics! *swoon* I don't know how some people mange to collect and post them so fast! I think my two faves are this funny one and this collection of LP smiles and smoulders.Cool

Kerewyn:
    How beardlessly dapper in that double-breasted suit!

Really, all these images are just swoon-worthy. Heart And I love the brown and blue plaid suits too. And his wearing of brown shoes with blue suit with confidence (not that that's a fashion sin or anything)

Love that pic within the yuna
    -ya tumblr link, some fans just holding up a big sign saying "Lee Pace, cone here." Just getting straight to the point - looked like it worked too.

Looks like both LP and EL decided to go for classic, "old-school" fashion statements which I always love! They looked great in those pics together.Heart

LOL on the sign the fans were holding! Whatever works, right?Smile

Some thoughts on seeing LP on the TORn live stream of the LA premier: I'm just so glad LP showed up to this premier and that the Happy Hobbits FINALLY got to talk to him. For a minute I thought he was going to miss them because they were busy talking to Billy Boyd (love him too!) and LP started to walk right by! I was leaning towards my computer going "Nooo, don't go!" but then he stopped and finally mosied on over to them. He remembered the girls from the reaction video without needing much of a reminder, and seemed happy to meet them which I though was nice. I really hope they'll be posting clips of the different interviews soon so we can all hear everything they talked about without quite so much background noise.

Me85
    Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 7:17pm

Post #10 of 208 (2982 views)
    Shortcut
         .. [In reply to]  

Thanks! I was talking about a post/reply within an existing thread.
    And we always have to give a subject?... annoying.

I really hope we get to see more of thranduil in the EE!

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 7:22pm

Post #11 of 208 (2993 views)
    Shortcut
         Welcome CatherineB! [In reply to]  

So many people have already seen BotFA and Thranduil's fabulousnesss. I'm so jealous!

At times I sat there thinking "Good god he's amazing" be it for his acting or his looks Laugh He looks very elvish. Also he was highly appericiated in a Norwegian review which made me really happy.

Glad to hear it! Now I really can't wait until I get to see him on the big screen again myself!Smile

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2014, 7:31pm

Post #12 of 208 (3011 views)
    Shortcut
         Don't know much about the EE yet but... [In reply to]  

I really hope we get to see more of thranduil in the EE!

Yes, I hope so too! Rumor is that there will be 30 extra minutes in the EE, so I'm really hopeful we'll get some extra scenes of our fabulous Elvenking.Heart

I know it's not quite the same thing as Thranduil himself, but thought maybe you'd find it interesting to know that LP said in a recent Q&A on Twitter that his parents are going appear as Laketown refugees in the EE. Should be fun to see if we can spot them! Smile

On_the_partyelk
    Lorien

Dec 10 2014, 8:07pm

Post #13 of 208 (2990 views)
    Shortcut
         Efficient antlers [In reply to]  

This scene was bada$$ as much as it was fun to watch. Though, my personal fave scene comes right after that one.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

macfalk
    Valinor

Dec 10 2014, 8:09pm

Post #14 of 208 (2987 views)
    Shortcut
         Antlers! [In reply to]  

That's the word! I just knew "horns" sounded wrong in some way Blush

On_the_partyelk
    Lorien

Dec 10 2014, 8:10pm

Post #15 of 208 (2971 views)
    Shortcut
         Yes, please! [In reply to]  

There was quite some Thranduil, lots more than in DOS anyway, but I still want more. Laugh Especially sassy and fighting Thrandy.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

Me85
    Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 8:16pm

Post #16 of 208 (3002 views)
    Shortcut
         .. **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

I have to say at one point i was really pissed at tauriel. It has do with thranduil. Most people probably agreed with her though...ugh.

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    she tried to stop thranduil from leaving from the battle by pointing an arrow at him! He wanted to leave to protect his people after he had already fought against the ors and saw it had cost many elven lives. Pretty intense scene. She talk about how he lacks love...

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:11am)

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 9:09pm

Post #17 of 208 (2932 views)
    Shortcut
         Yay no. 28! [In reply to]  

You beat me to the opening once more Shocked
    Smashing OP Heart

Welcome to all the newbies Smile
    Just be sure to remember: * IF YOU ARE POSTING SPOILERS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD SPOILER TAGS IN YOUR POST AND/OR SUBJECT.
    There are some regular Thralls who have not yet seen the film and do just about anything to avoid the spoilers.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 9:18pm

Post #18 of 208 (2909 views)
    Shortcut
         *snuggles comfortable onto his lap* [In reply to]  

Agreed, that picture should be in every new TA at least once.

Chrismas came early this year Heart

lastnickleft
    The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 9:24pm

Post #19 of 208 (2945 views)
    Shortcut
         Hi, me again. [In reply to]  

Does he have a greater fight with a troll or something, or just mere orc infantry flesh-sacks? I can't believe if so, I mean...why?!

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 10 2014, 9:29pm

Post #20 of 208 (2954 views)
    Shortcut
         Welcome and agreed with everything you said [In reply to]  

And this be a newish picture?

You're from Norway?

Me85
    Rivendell

Dec 10 2014, 9:31pm

Post #21 of 208 (2952 views)
    Shortcut
         spoiler **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

No it was just orcs. I wanted to see more of him in action.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:12am)

lastnickleft
    The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 9:38pm

Post #22 of 208 (2954 views)
    Shortcut
         And not even **SPOILERS** [In reply to]  

a specially big or badass orc I guess xD

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 11 2014, 11:13am)

lastnickleft
    The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 9:46pm

Post #23 of 208 (2986 views)
    Shortcut
         Dain vs Thranduil [In reply to]  

Btw, is there at least a staring confrontation between Dain and Thranduil?

(This post was edited by lastnickleft on Dec 10 2014, 9:50pm)

macfalk
    Valinor

Dec 10 2014, 9:55pm

Post #24 of 208 (2932 views)
    Shortcut
         (Spoilers) [In reply to]  

Yes. Dain said "you bastards" to the elven army (and made my audience cheer and clap their hands) and Thrandy said something of the sort that this dwarf is just as crazy as his cousin.

lastnickleft
    The Shire

Dec 10 2014, 10:05pm

Post #25 of 208 (2881 views)
    Shortcut
         Sounds good [In reply to]  

That sounds quite good. Apparently there are going to be good moments beyond the actual fight.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.