Fire away!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 7 2014, 3:34pm

Post #2 of 21 (972 views)
Shortcut
Holding! #Gollum, 10 yards, Replay First Down! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
But, sneaking off in daylight takes much more cunning.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 7 2014, 6:09pm

Post #3 of 21 (960 views)
Shortcut
"No, you don't need another Pineapple Lump - you've had a whole half-bag already." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 7 2014, 8:12pm

Post #4 of 21 (981 views)
Shortcut
Is that Wilfred? [In reply to] Can't Post

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 8 2014, 10:17am

Post #5 of 21 (946 views)
Shortcut
"No, nice master! 'Black Friday' is not a Thing! Must resist sales, we must!!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 8 2014, 10:19am

Post #6 of 21 (955 views)
Shortcut
Round 30 - wow! Should this round be subtitled 'XXXhobbit'? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XxxHolic

~~~~~~

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 8 2014, 1:31pm

Post #7 of 21 (951 views)
Shortcut
Hehe! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, another three and we'll be entering adulthood! ShockedTongue

sador
Half-elven

Dec 8 2014, 1:50pm

Post #8 of 21 (951 views)
Shortcut
Frodo, kicking and struggling, was hauled up the stairs by his two faithful friends. [In reply to] Can't Post

(consider this semi-quote a riddle)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2014, 3:02pm

Post #9 of 21 (934 views)
Shortcut
The sight of Minas Morgul filled Frodo and Gollum with an inexplicable desire to Jitterbug // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 8 2014, 3:30pm

Post #10 of 21 (936 views)
Shortcut
"We're laughing at clouds/So dark up above/The sun's our hearts/And we're ready for love ..." / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a wizard coming down along the road and this wizard that was coming down along the road met a nicens little hobbit named Bilbo Baggins."

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 8 2014, 7:50pm

Post #11 of 21 (923 views)
Shortcut
I don't want to climb the narrow staircase! I wanna go to Hogwarts instead! Let me out of this movie!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2014, 8:09pm

Post #12 of 21 (927 views)
Shortcut
Gollum: But it's MY turn to dance with Master! You promised!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 8 2014, 10:18pm

Post #13 of 21 (924 views)
Shortcut
Cara mia! // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 9 2014, 12:49am

Post #14 of 21 (923 views)
Shortcut
But dad, you *promised* we would go see the spider exhibit upstairs!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 10 2014, 3:07pm

Post #15 of 21 (915 views)
Shortcut
We have a winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very topical. Wink Congratulations, noWiz! Round XXXI is all yours. Smile

Thanks, everyone!

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 10 2014, 5:41pm

Post #16 of 21 (905 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! My round? [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you liked my suggestion. Now I must apologize for being ignorant about the usual procedures! Do I simply pick another still, invite captions & pick my favorite, or is there a Rule Book somewhere?

~~~~~~

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 10 2014, 5:49pm

Post #17 of 21 (904 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

It can be a screencap from any of the LOTR movies.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 10 2014, 6:58pm

Post #18 of 21 (911 views)
Shortcut
I put down the rules for anyone interested or new to/unfamiliar with the game [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The contest features one screencap at a time.

2. The screencap must be from one of The Lord of the Rings films.

3. Everyone can suggest titles.

4. One can post more than once/one title.

5. Both serious and humorous titles are welcome. (But be sure to keep them in accordance with TORn's Terms of Service.)

6. The winner will choose the next image to be featured in the contest and will post it in a new thread titled "Title Contest - Round [number]" (as soon after the end of the previous contest as he/she likes, but usually within a couple of days).
(Having trouble posting images? Check out Magpie's TORn Image Posting Guide: http://www.amagpiesnest.com/a/torn/PostingImages/.)

7. The host will pick the next winner from the pool of suggestions (usually 2-7 days after the start of the contest).

8. If the winner declines, forgets or is unable to post a screencap of his/her choosing, the gamemaster (that's me Cool) will step in as a substitute.

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Smile

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Dec 10 2014, 7:01pm)

sador
Half-elven

Dec 11 2014, 6:41pm

Post #19 of 21 (871 views)
Shortcut
No guesses? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 11 2014, 6:48pm

Post #20 of 21 (911 views)
Shortcut
Haldir and Legolas? [In reply to] Can't Post

Henneth Annūn?

"Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a wizard coming down along the road and this wizard that was coming down along the road met a nicens little hobbit named Bilbo Baggins."

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 11 2014, 6:55pm)

sador
Half-elven

Dec 15 2014, 3:39pm

Post #21 of 21 (916 views)
Shortcut
Was it the King? Or Kitchener? [In reply to] Can't Post

No. It was Mr. Toad.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.