The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
The One Last Party - exciting things planned

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 6 2014, 1:36pm

Post #1 of 6 (7503 views)
Shortcut
The One Last Party - exciting things planned Can't Post

It's been five days since we launched our indiegogo crowdfunder to make The One Last Party happen, and we're already 20% of the way there! Many thanks to everyone who has already bought a ticket or pledge for a perk!

We're busy planning all kinds of exciting things which we hope will take place at the party. This week in London staffer greendragon spoke to many of the cast, who were all thrilled to hear about the special event. Billy Boyd and Jed Brophy have lots of ideas for the live show; Richard Armitage is keen to be there, and Evangeline Lilly even said she might cut into her one week off to be there!

We're also hoping to bring a 'Middle-earth experience' to the party, working with New Zealand Tourism and possibly even using Oculus Rift for an incredible virtual reality visit to the Shire. We have grand schemes!

BUT we can't do any of this if we don't sell enough tickets for such a party of Special Magnificence.

The indiegogo campaign is NOT about raising money for TheOneRing.net - every penny we receive will go towards creating an incredible evening for the fans. Many folks (including some of the cast) have asked us to put on a party, to give everyone a chance to celebrate together - so that's what we're trying to do! We're simply using indiegogo as a way to sell tickets in advance, and also to offer some extra exclusives and other ways to be involved.

This extraordinary opportunity to celebrate Peter Jackson's Middle-earth movies will happen IF YOU, the fans, want it. Don't wait to buy your ticket - we will not be selling any tickets outside of the indiegogo campaign. If you'd like to attend a special event on February 21st 2015, in Los Angeles, to celebrate with your fellow fans, to see cast perform on stage, and to enjoy an incredible evening together, buy your ticket now!

Click here to see the indiegogo campaign, and to get your ticket so you can join the Fellowship of Fans for The One Last Party.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Dec 7 2014, 5:43am)

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Dec 7 2014, 1:16am

Post #2 of 6 (7390 views)
Shortcut
You guys do know how to throw good parties [In reply to] Can't Post

I attended all but ROTK Plus the conventions so I know it will be an amazing event.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

audpavia

Dec 12 2014, 11:07pm

Post #3 of 6 (7365 views)
Shortcut
Going alone [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never attended a One Ring event, but I want to go to this one. I can't get any of my friends or family to commit to going because of the cost of tickets. I'm kind of phobic about going to a party where I don't know anyone. Does anybody out there feel like a babysitting a fellow Tolkien fan that they've never met? Smile

Audrey

audpavia

Dec 12 2014, 11:20pm

Post #4 of 6 (7396 views)
Shortcut
Stop the presses! [In reply to] Can't Post

I reached out on Facebook and found someone to go with me. So babysitting not necessary. Thank you!

elentari3018
Rohan

Dec 20 2014, 3:58am

Post #5 of 6 (7411 views)
Shortcut
I've donated ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hope it does happen! Traveling from the Eastern Shire so hope i can do it! :)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

PrincessBlade

Dec 31 2014, 4:43am

Post #6 of 6 (7349 views)
Shortcut
Donated as well! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that this can happen. I've been to only a couple of TORn events (both at this year's SDCC - the Laketown Luau & the TORn panel) and I would love to attend this one. It sounds like a blast!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.