Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXVII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 6:46am

Post #1 of 208 (4847 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXVII  

A couple of friendly reminders aka README!!!!!!!!
- If you're new, or unsure, about posting, especially contributing Pretty!, please refer to the TORn guides on the "Welcome" board, or refer to the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images" and the little PSA from the mods posts right here on the TA threads for quickie information. It might just save you from getting zapped by Wrath of Mod.

- Spoiler avoidance alert:
* There be spoilers since TAXVII due to the DOS EE, and BotFA media releases. Viewing in threaded mode is a better way to go about it if you're keen to avoid them, as you can check the sub-thread titles before you see anything you might regret... though what's to regret when it comes to Thranduil Pretty!, eh?
* IF YOU ARE POSTING SPOILERS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADD SPOILER TAGS IN YOUR POST AND/OR SUBJECT.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Thranduil AppreciationHeart

.~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~.

Thanks to VValar's industrious purveyance of Pretty! from the premiere and media frenzy, and mariel tipping the last thread, it's time for TA XXVII! Triplets of 9 are cool!Smile

Rolling on with the appreciation for His Fabulous MajestyHeart

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Large-res!source Clicky)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar) | XVIII
XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk) | XXVI (Thread by Eruvandi)

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also "Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"

• [Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
    (Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXVI
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 6:59am

Post #2 of 208 (3811 views)
    Shortcut
         The OP Image and Pretty!!! [Spoilers!] [In reply to]  

came from the new B-roll (thread here).

Unlike the BEEF we used to get, there's quite some delightful UFEHeart

There's more where that came from:

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXVII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Kerewyn
    Rohan

Dec 3 2014, 7:03am

Post #3 of 208 (3743 views)
    Shortcut
         *offers vitamins and healthy smoothie* [In reply to]  

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Lurker! Glad to see you back SmileSmile

Did you catch (yet) the pics and article you were waiting in suspense for? (Erk... not sure what's up with my work server but it is refusing to copy the short cut. Mad )

I am loving the premiere pics of LP, and also the post by V Valar with the throne pic (last thread, post #190 - again, sorry, can't seem to copy shortcut! Or save the pic! *wants*)

Anyway, 'nuff grumbling about technology. That is a great new OP image by the way. I guess new stuff is going to come thick and fast now.
    I have been trying to remain spoiler free, but find I haven't been able to resist Thrandy images - and the clips (though the Yahoo one VValar posted won't play for me - never mind)

I guess the main thing I want to avoid is the big story spoilers... in particular certain things that are outside book canon (Leggy, Tauriel, Leggy and Thrandy's interaction)
    But I will be making myself scarce once a lot of people are starting to place their reviews on TORn - in fact I won't even be looking at the thread topics on the TH Movie forum!
    I may - however - have a hot link straight to the Reading Room for the LOTR chapters.

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 7:13am

Post #4 of 208 (3710 views)
    Shortcut
         *gratefully accepts vits and smoothie* Tank cue berry buch, Kerewyn [In reply to]  

I could be better, but at least I'm not out cold anymore. Am pretty overwhelmed by the deluge! Right now, my brain's still sort of playing everything at half speed so I may take a while more to catch up completely (no worries, I'll make my way through TAXXVI). But I am also having trouble keeping myself spoiler-free. So much for resolutionsCrazy When it comes to Thranduil, I'd crawl out of my bed to get my dose... hey I did, didn't I? *cough/sneeze/sniff through face mask*

That is a great new OP image by the way.

Glad you like it! I was worried, in my half-aware state, I may not be seeing things as well as I should... but then there's no bad angle with Thranduil after all, so I went for itLaughAngelicHeart

Oh, so you'll keep away from TA also?Unimpressed *we are, I think, coming close to the next '000 post, fyi*

But yes, see you in the reading room thenSmile

(OT: am glad my Silm notations are near the end too, good timing that. Just.Got.To.Get.Past.Mr.Accursed.)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Dec 3 2014, 7:14am)

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 8:09am

Post #5 of 208 (3718 views)
    Shortcut
         Drat I missed out on the opening again [In reply to]  

CrazySly

In Reply To
    Okay, gals (and some guys too), time for...TA ElvenRings x WraithRings!

(Get it? 3 x 9?)

Tongue

Now I do Cool

And to start off TA #27 with a small contribution: (it's a huge clicky) Thranduils' tent in Dale(?) on the most unlikely place I had imagined. *SPOILER SPOILER* If you don't wanna know anything about the tent, don't click Tongue
    http://collider.com/...e-armies-image-2.jpg

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

(This post was edited by VValar on Dec 3 2014, 8:11am)

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 8:17am

Post #6 of 208 (3735 views)
    Shortcut
         *SQUEEEEE* Thranduil in armor, with his twin sowrds, doing badass fighting [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Another GiF set of a different scene [Supreme HTR for those susceptible to the sword-wielding armour!Thranduil visage of coolHeart]

That GIF set had my name all over it Tongue *SQUEE* just look at him go in that last gif *wow* he is like this hurricane of death.
    I had to look very closely but the inside of his robe/cape appears black sometimes eventhough it's red. It has something to do with the lightening I guess, what a nifty material. That's Elven haute couture for ya Tongue

mariel
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 8:19am

Post #7 of 208 (3716 views)
    Shortcut
         Yahoo clip [In reply to]  

You may be able to access it via the Yahoo facebook page https://www.facebook.com/YahooMovies. It's only about 30 secs long and is dialogue between Thranduil and Gandalf in Thrandy's tent

mariel
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 8:26am

Post #8 of 208 (3715 views)
    Shortcut
         Sorry you've been ill [In reply to]  

Hope you will soon be fighting fit and ready for your marathon viewing experience. [I thought your sudden absence was because you were being very self controlled and managing to avoid any potential spoilers Laugh, unlike me. I am too weak willed to resist]

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 8:30am

Post #9 of 208 (3718 views)
    Shortcut
         Poor thing, maybe this will help you feel better *grins* [In reply to]  

And it's for Kerewyn as well, since she has shown great appreciation for The Careless-yet-oh-so-sexy Portable Throne Pose HeartHeart

In Reply To
    I am loving the premiere pics of LP, and also the post by V Valar with the throne pic (last thread, post #190 - again, sorry, can't seem to copy shortcut! Or save the pic! *wants*)

Heart THIS! Heart *SQUEE* *faints* *THUD*

(This post was edited by VValar on Dec 3 2014, 8:31am)

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 8:38am

Post #10 of 208 (3726 views)
    Shortcut
         Part 2 of the 'get well soon!' wishes [In reply to]  

*rawwr mentally inserts snow leopard picture, ready for the kill*

This is what perfection looks like HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

mariel
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 8:45am

Post #11 of 208 (3764 views)
    Shortcut
         Lol - from LP's facebook page [In reply to]  

https://38.media.tumblr.com/...H51tx7ujqo1_1280.jpg

Silverlode
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2014, 8:56am

Post #12 of 208 (3702 views)
    Shortcut
         Ha! How to make the best of a boring job. // [In reply to]  

Laugh

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 9:05am

Post #13 of 208 (3691 views)
    Shortcut
         Lol cute pic [In reply to]  

Oh and there are some people out there who actually could think of interesting questions to ask Tongue

https://twitter.com/...skThranduil?src=hash

Saneliur
    Bree

Dec 3 2014, 10:14am

Post #14 of 208 (3760 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranduil Fighting... Wow!!!!! [In reply to]  

Lovely gifs from the b-roll footage of Thrandy taking down orcs like flies Angelic

Love the way he faces the camera directly in an apparent closeup before he draws his swords and gets to work. Very much looking forward to that shot Wink

http://kamikazekatze.tumblr.com/...ce-bts-x-for-feanore

Heart

dernwyn
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2014, 11:38am

Post #15 of 208 (3689 views)
    Shortcut
         How about a nice father/son pic from RA's? [In reply to]  

https://twitter.com/...s/539412123856957440

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:07pm

Post #16 of 208 (3642 views)
    Shortcut
         *LoL* that was just screaming for your attention, wasn't it? [In reply to]  

That GIF set had my name all over it Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:10pm

Post #17 of 208 (3650 views)
    Shortcut
         *THUD* are you sure those are get well wishes? [In reply to]  

At this rate, I think I'd have to seek treatment for thud injuries even if my sniffles go awayLaugh

But really, thank you. They're lovelyHeartSmile and I appreciate the thought.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:15pm

Post #18 of 208 (3619 views)
    Shortcut
         *hangs head in shame* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    I thought your sudden absence was because you were being very self controlled and managing to avoid any potential spoilers Laugh

Well, I thought I would be doing so too. But... well... *feebly* I guess Thralls propose, Thralldom disposes. Evil

In Reply To
    unlike me. I am too weak willed to resist

*extends hand for virtual shake* I share your plight but I'll keep my virus to myselfCrazy

In Reply To
    Hope you will soon be fighting fit and ready for your marathon viewing experience

Thank you! I will definitely focus on getting into tip-top condition for the marathon.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:18pm

Post #19 of 208 (3658 views)
    Shortcut
         Looks like they're making their own fun... and #elfie [In reply to]  

LoL! Thranduil, lord of #elfiesLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:19pm

Post #20 of 208 (3639 views)
    Shortcut
         Ahahaha! Typical curmudgeon disagreeableness [In reply to]  

Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Dec 3 2014, 12:27pm

Post #21 of 208 (3653 views)
    Shortcut
         So! About that live twitter chat. Anyone checking it out? [In reply to]  

Con't from here.

I would be catching zzz so eh... *ahem* I already posted a Q about the finger bling. Not sure if it's too early? Seems like it's buried under already. Frown

Tweet input length is soooo short! I'd want to ask stuff like did he name his two swords, and how was Bubba like to work with Tongue But a really burning question: How does Thranduil communicate with Celeborn when he doesn't want Mrs C tuning her mirror into their conversation?Laugh

That was exhausting! ... Ok, weak, still-sick thrall has maxed out working brain quotient for the day.Evil Have fun if you're checking the live-chat out, and update us, yeah?Smile

=======

VValar
    Gondor

Dec 3 2014, 12:54pm

Post #22 of 208 (3660 views)
    Shortcut
         Ohhh that is a question worth asking! [In reply to]  

In Reply To

I hope he will reply to your question! Let me know if he does (I'm not sure if I will be able to find his answer between all the other questions that are being asked).

In Reply To
    Tweet input length is soooo short! I'd want to ask stuff like did he name his two swords, and how was Bubba like to work with Tongue But a really burning question: How does Thranduil communicate with Celeborn when he doesn't want Mrs C tuning her mirror into their conversation?Laugh

LOL you might want to ask this question anyway. Test LP's history knowledge about Thranduil and if he's really dug into it as much as he claims Tongue He knows about Thranduil and his bud Celeborn fighting in the North during all the Ring-trouble, so he should know about Thranduil's dislike of Noldor, specifically Galadriel, wouldn't he?

I won't be asking anything since I've read so many wonderful questions already (and some funny ones as well) and I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if I dd get his phone number Evil so I better not ask TongueAngelic

mariel
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 2:56pm

Post #23 of 208 (3641 views)
    Shortcut
         More edits from Thrandy's tent scene with Gandalf [In reply to]  

all clicky

mariel
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 3:42pm

Post #24 of 208 (3612 views)
    Shortcut
         Concept art? [In reply to]  

I really can't tell whether this is fan art or a genuine photo (I don't mean the background)

It's linked to the one below (which is concept art) on tumblr

On_the_partyelk
    Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 4:31pm

Post #25 of 208 (3589 views)
    Shortcut
         But it's nice he shared despite his dislike- LOL [In reply to]  

What a lovely sight. Two handsome men. :)

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.