Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Hey New Yorkers, grab your tickets now for free early IMAX showing 12/11 and cast Q&A

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Dec 3 2014, 1:50am

Post #1 of 16 (2818 views)
Shortcut
Hey New Yorkers, grab your tickets now for free early IMAX showing 12/11 and cast Q&A Can't Post

The cast will be represented by Richard, Lee, Orlando and Luke. Fingers crossed the theater doesn't incinerate from that much hotness on one stage ;-).

I prevail upon my better sibs to make this link clickable. Thanks!

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/hobbit-battle-of-the-five-armies-see-it-early-in-imax-with-cast/#/1

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" HeforShe

Dwarewien
Rohan

Dec 3 2014, 2:04am

Post #2 of 16 (2518 views)
Shortcut
I made it clicky for you... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/...n-imax-with-cast/#/1

It's really easy to make a link clickable. You just have to put the following code in front of the link: [*url]link to story or article goes here[*/url] (just remove the astericks or else it won't work) Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Dec 3 2014, 2:51am

Post #3 of 16 (2489 views)
Shortcut
im confused [In reply to] Can't Post

how can we grab tickets for this event exactly?

nusilver
Rohan

Dec 3 2014, 2:22pm

Post #4 of 16 (2408 views)
Shortcut
The topic creator is confusing people, but just read the story. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
how can we grab tickets for this event exactly?

The topic is confusing because it says you can get them now, but just read the story... the instructions are very clear. You click the link in the story at 10am EST on Friday to grab passes. You're going to have to be QUICK though, so I'd start hitting refresh on that page around 9:55 until it's live. Good luck! I'd be there myself but I have family flying in that night, so I'll be seeing the film Monday the 8th instead.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Dec 3 2014, 2:47pm

Post #5 of 16 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Thanks -- twice, QoE [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who will only master some technical intricacy on the 10th or 11th attempt. Perhaps if I have the how-to tattooed inside my wrist to keep it close at hand ....

WinkCool

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" HeforShe

beorn58
Bree

Dec 3 2014, 5:44pm

Post #6 of 16 (2421 views)
Shortcut
Oooohhhh [In reply to] Can't Post

I have visions of flying eggs and tomatoes dancing through my head.

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 4 2014, 7:51pm

Post #7 of 16 (2340 views)
Shortcut
thanks for posting I will give it a try [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/...n-imax-with-cast/#/1

It's really easy to make a link clickable. You just have to put the following code in front of the link: [*url]link to story or article goes here[*/url] (just remove the astericks or else it won't work) Smile

Many thanks for posting: It would be nice get to a screening before the holidays really set in.

... on the other side of tomorrow...

(This post was edited by Bard'sBlackArrow on Dec 4 2014, 7:52pm)

Glassary
Rivendell

Dec 4 2014, 11:11pm

Post #8 of 16 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Overbooked! [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting it notes the event will be overbooked so if you are lucky enough to score a ticket you still might not get in.
Would hate to be one if the people who gets turned away.

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 5 2014, 1:53am

Post #9 of 16 (2342 views)
Shortcut
I think overbooking is common for the Hero Complex screenings [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Interesting it notes the event will be overbooked so if you are lucky enough to score a ticket you still might not get in.

Sounds familiar.

I'm a few days behind on the calendar though, it was not until later this afternoon I realized, gee that's tomorrow at 10 a.m.

nusilver
Rohan

Dec 5 2014, 6:35am

Post #10 of 16 (2341 views)
Shortcut
All early screenings are overbooked. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sounds familiar.

I'm a few days behind on the calendar though, it was not until later this afternoon I realized, gee that's tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Actually, *all* pre-release screenings are overbooked - no seat is guaranteed unless you're a member of the reviewing press.

Still wish I could go to this, but it seems wrong to leave my family after they've flown in from California that night to see me. Luckily, it's only three more days until I get to see the film, so that's okay :)

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 5 2014, 7:00pm

Post #11 of 16 (2317 views)
Shortcut
thanks I got to the R.S.V.P. round [In reply to] Can't Post

Nusilver,

sorry you cannot attend.

I haven't been to a screening since Drag me to Hell (and that was a free pass handout rather than these online lotteries now), but overbooking makes sense.

In any case, I was fast enough on the draw to make it into the R.S.V.P.

Unfortunately you cannot bring cell phones into the theatre so I am leaving mine home.

Just a heads up, if Hero Complex does this again in more cities,
You have to create an account with them through Eventbrite (log in/password and they want address & email.)

(This post was edited by Bard'sBlackArrow on Dec 5 2014, 7:02pm)

nusilver
Rohan

Dec 5 2014, 7:03pm

Post #12 of 16 (2311 views)
Shortcut
phones [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Nusilver,

sorry you cannot attend.

I haven't been to a screening since Drag me to Hell (and that was a free pass handout rather than these online lotteries now), but overbooking makes sense.

In any case, I was fast enough on the draw to make it into the R.S.V.P.

Unfortunately you cannot bring cell phones into the theatre so I am leaving mine home.

Just a heads up, if Hero Complex does this again in any other city,
(You have to create an account with them through Eventbrite (log in/password and they want address & email.)

awesome. have fun! and don't worry about leaving your cell phone at home. they're not going to keep anybody who needs a phone from having it on their person, they're just going to insist you turn it off when you get there. of course, if you don't need it, more power to you! cell phones do not belong in movie theaters anyway.

KJaws

Dec 6 2014, 12:44am

Post #13 of 16 (2314 views)
Shortcut
Got a ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

I managed to snag a ticket. Because of the overbooking, I'm going to head in early right after I get out of class.

nusilver
Rohan

Dec 6 2014, 11:26pm

Post #14 of 16 (2308 views)
Shortcut
turns out, i'm coming! [In reply to] Can't Post

As it turns out, I will be there after all. A friend of mine managed to grab tickets for him + 1, and then he told me today that he got a HUGE job offer in California and will be leaving at the end of the month. So, I'll go to the 11th screening/QA and my wife will pick up my family from the airport. I've already told my sister, she understands. A happy coincidence.

Annael
Immortal

Dec 9 2014, 2:43pm

Post #15 of 16 (2278 views)
Shortcut
"page not found" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Since evidence can be adduced and interpreted to corroborate a virtually limitless array of world views, the human challenge is to engage that world view or set of perspectives which brings forth the most valuable, life-enhancing consequences.

- Richard Tarnas, The Passion of the Western Mind

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Dec 10 2014, 12:02am

Post #16 of 16 (2376 views)
Shortcut
congrats, I am not going after all... [In reply to] Can't Post

that's cool, it turns out I am not. I've been home with an arthritis attack and am only going back to work tomorrow (Wednesday.)

NO way I'll be able to last a 20 hour day with my commute.

Oh, just got an email from LATimes, you're right about the phone nusilver.

Also only Richard and Lee are attending the Q&A now, Orlando and Luke are unavailable.

Have a great time!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.