Just a few light ones
View Results (41 votes)

Gianna
Rohan

Dec 2 2014, 6:45pm

Post #1 of 10 (560 views)
Shortcut
Reading spoilers for BOFA? Can't Post

I read them for AUJ and DOS but this year I'm avoiding them because it's the last time!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 2 2014, 7:56pm

Post #2 of 10 (394 views)
Shortcut
Third option // [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarewien
Rohan

Dec 2 2014, 11:14pm

Post #3 of 10 (379 views)
Shortcut
Of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I like to be prepared for the scenes that I'm not looking forward to (I think you know the scenes I'm referring to). It may help to soften the blow, so to speak, but will still be hard to watch (I don't think anyone wants anything bad happening to their favorite, whether it's the character or the actor). I read spoilers all of the time, and not once has it spoiled the experience for me. I'm going to see it anyway, so what's the difference? Smile

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Dec 2 2014, 11:45pm

Post #4 of 10 (384 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I read spoilers for all the LotR movies before they came out, for he same reason: so I wouldn't be shocked and appalled at the changes from the books when I was actually watching the movies. :-D

tolkiennerd
Lorien

Dec 3 2014, 2:53am

Post #5 of 10 (365 views)
Shortcut
none [In reply to] Can't Post

I read a lot for AUJ and some for DOS but this time I don't want to know any.

Gianna
Rohan

Dec 3 2014, 1:55pm

Post #6 of 10 (348 views)
Shortcut
That was one of my reasons too [In reply to] Can't Post

If I hadn't read everything I could get my hands on, I think I would have been horrified when I saw DOS! As it was I knew what was coming and enjoyed it more as a result. Wink

Arveldis
Rivendell

Dec 4 2014, 12:32am

Post #7 of 10 (346 views)
Shortcut
I chose option three. [In reply to] Can't Post

Previously I read any spoiler that I could get my hands on before the film, but that pretty much ruined certain parts of DoS for me. The spoilers I read gave me a negative impression of the movie before I had even seen it, and therefore caused me to not appreciate parts of it as much as I could have had I not known what was coming. This year I hope to have a much more positive experience, and I am praying that avoiding spoilers will accomplish that.

I've only peeked at a few light spoilers, and so am relatively ignorant about the contents of BotFA right now. I only hope that I can hold out for two more weeks. Wink

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2014, 1:31am

Post #8 of 10 (345 views)
Shortcut
Can't really pick one of these [In reply to] Can't Post

As I like reading spoilers but not to be prepared for anything, just to think about.

Gianna
Rohan

Dec 4 2014, 2:05pm

Post #9 of 10 (323 views)
Shortcut
That was exactly my problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

I got the same negative view of DOS from the spoilers I read. For the first part of the film, I was sitting on the edge of my seat, nervous and apprehensive, waiting for Kili's rude line to Tauriel. I couldn't enjoy anything before that point as much as I should have. (Of course, if I hadn't known about it I guess I would've been so mad that I wouldn't have enjoyed the rest of the film very much... but still.)

But I do like to know little things beforehand. I don't mind watching the little teaser clips that they've put out, because they don't give away the big, important, things.

Annael
Immortal

Dec 4 2014, 4:53pm

Post #10 of 10 (352 views)
Shortcut
we-ell, I read the book . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

not that that's any guarantee I know what's going to happen.Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.