Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
McKellen: "I don't think necessarily this is the end of the journey."

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 2 2014, 5:02am

Post #1 of 10 (610 views)
Shortcut
McKellen: "I don't think necessarily this is the end of the journey." Can't Post

http://www.bbc.com/...inment-arts-30283141

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man pierced with many black-feathered arrows must be in want of a funeral."

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 2 2014, 5:03am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Dec 2 2014, 8:07pm

Post #2 of 10 (319 views)
Shortcut
I rather like Sir Ian's summation there. // [In reply to] Can't Post

shaundobson
Rivendell

Dec 2 2014, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 10 (325 views)
Shortcut
well.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Taking into account the rights they have to the material. They could expand on.the war of the ring, especially the battles of lorien and the battles up in the north between the men and the easterlings.
And also balins expedition to moria, however doubt they could make a film.out of this as it is a pretty depressing ending at the end of it, not really an ending that is needed for a film.

Misto
Lorien

Dec 2 2014, 11:55pm

Post #4 of 10 (295 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no problem [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
however doubt they could make a film.out of this as it is a pretty depressing ending at the end of it, not really an ending that is needed for a film.

There will always be the option of putting a pointless wannabe-romance front and center Wink

Sorry, I guess you can tell that I watched DOS EE recently and still don't get how that silly Tauriel-storyline could take up so much space. I don't really mind it per se, but it seems to occupy about a quarter of the movie and that's just a wee bit totally too much for my taste.

(This post was edited by Misto on Dec 2 2014, 11:57pm)

Na Vedui
Rohan

Dec 3 2014, 12:27am

Post #5 of 10 (316 views)
Shortcut
Do you remember [In reply to] Can't Post

- whether or not they did pickups for either of the other EEs after the TE came out?

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Dec 4 2014, 10:24am

Post #6 of 10 (245 views)
Shortcut
I think the War in the North would be the best option - [In reply to] Can't Post

- at this time.

They still have the cast playing the likes of Elrond, Galadriel, Thranduil, Radagast and the surviving Dwarves still available.

Regardless of one's opinion of the Hobbit Trilogy, the War of the Ring seems to be the most popular Middle-Earth era for general audiences. Also, the relative vagueness of the source material could turn out to be an advantage (and there's less chance of 'true fans' pointing out where you just weren't faithful enough to it).

I imagine that there are people probably wondering what was going on up North when Sauron launched his assault on Middle-Earth. It would also give audiences a much better idea of the scale of the Dark Lord's plans.

And of course, there's also the possibility of the mysterious Blue Wizards making an appearance.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Dec 4 2014, 6:42pm

Post #7 of 10 (224 views)
Shortcut
I would love this... [In reply to] Can't Post

...so much potential;

The Mouth seeking alliance with the dwarves of Erebor.

Dwalin could visit Thorin's grave and see Orcrist glowing upon the stone, and so be able to warn his fellow dwarves there are orcs coming.

Maybe dwarven refugees coming to Erebor (because the Iron Hills are lost)?

The siege of Erebor with Bain (instead of Brand) fighting (and dying) side by side with Dain at Erebor.

The battle under the trees with Thranduil and maybe Tauriel present.

The attacks on Lothlorien with Khamul vs. Galadriel.

The Beorning and Radagast aiding somewhere? Maybe including the eagles and at the end Radagast asking Gwaihir to aid Gandalf?

But the losses should be great on the side of the Free People. Sauron (and his plan) should not be depicted as utter failure.

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Dec 7 2014, 8:44pm

Post #8 of 10 (154 views)
Shortcut
I would love [In reply to] Can't Post

to see a set of films dealing with the Blue Wizards and their exploits and adventures. However, I doubt legally they could get away with it.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 8 2014, 3:52am

Post #9 of 10 (162 views)
Shortcut
It does have a lot of potential [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they could totally create a movie or movies based around that series of events. I think the problem might be though that there is no Fellowship or Thorin's Company to focus the adventure on.

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Dec 8 2014, 3:53am)

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Dec 12 2014, 11:17pm

Post #10 of 10 (151 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but there are enough more or less famous characters who could play a role;

- Galadriel
- Celeborn
- Haldir (before leaving for Helms Deep)
- Khamul (when not (yet) around Shire/Mordor)
- Gollum (before escaping from Thranduil's halls)
- Mouth of Sauron
- Radagast
- Thranduil
- Legolas (before leaving for Rivendel)
- Dain
- Tauriel
- Dwalin
- Bain

Should be enough, I think...

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.