Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
!!SPOILER SPECULATION!!! re dwarves w. images - a sad thought occurred to me

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 29 2014, 3:34am

Post #1 of 1 (935 views)
Shortcut
!!SPOILER SPECULATION!!! re dwarves w. images - a sad thought occurred to me Can't Post

Don't read this if you are avoiding spoilers, anyway I may not be right and just fretting, but too bad for me if I am right.

Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown

So OK I'm not always patient with what I see as emotional cheese added into a film just for the sake of trying to get tears out of the audience (early on the idea of adding in pretty little girls who just happen to get burned and healed by Tauriel falls into that category, for me, tho I don't know if that will happen).

But always found Bilbo/Thorin a very moving relationshipHeart, and I was really looking forward to seeing the dwarves re-unite. (Tho some could argue it was cheesy to split up the Company in the first place.)
I've had this big tear-filled reunion in my head for monthsUnimpressed.

So looking at the latest TV spots tho *sigh* now I am wondering if it's going to be that Thorin is already too far gone, or is at least too maniac already, to even register the arrival of his nephews very much.
Because in a larger version of the image with Oin, Fili, Kili, and Bofur, Bilbo is also there coming up behind them, so in the far shot there are 5 staring down at Thorin. Basically after a hard slog, Bilbo has to warn them that Thorin is not himself, at all, PERHAPS.

So Thorin has his arms raised, but maybe he's just doing a variation on how rich they all are, instead of being happy to see Fili and KiliUnsure.

Bummer for me if this is trueFrown, because while I know Thorin will succumb to dragon-sickness and is already tainted, he hasn't been near the gold THAT long so think that's a bit heavy-handed; and of course for me, I thought it would be one of the light moments in the film. I know there is that scene with Kili; but anyway I really hope I am wrong. *Heavy sigh*FrownFrownFrown I was really looking forward to the scene in my head.FrownFrownFrown I thought there would be a happy reunion tho it becomes evident really fast something is wrong with Thorin.Unimpressed

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.