Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Which Weta Workship Figure do you like the best?

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 29 2014, 3:24am

Post #1 of 6 (1710 views)
Shortcut
Which Weta Workship Figure do you like the best? Can't Post

I just wanted to see what everyone liked, I want to get one but a lot of them are really expensive. Especially the good ones. Which are your favorite? I might try and get one, I think I'd like an Environment or a Character, Bag-End seems great. Though I'm not sure what they look like in real life.

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."-from "The Last Goodbye"

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Nov 29 2014, 7:19pm

Post #2 of 6 (1585 views)
Shortcut
All of them! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've found all the Hobbit statues to be much better quality and actor likeness wise than the old LOTR line. They all look good, Balin may be favorite so far.

But in general, if you're starting, you really can't go wrong with Bag End and Bilbo. Include Gandalf if you can too ;-)

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 29 2014, 10:50pm

Post #3 of 6 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Hmm maybe I'll get those too [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I already have Bilbo with Gollum from the EE last year, so maybe I kind of did start my collection. Though there's never too much Bilbo or Hobbits or Weta. And the ones from their site are probably higher quality. Bag End looks great, I might get it. Is there anything else you recommend, are there any good ones under a hundred? Do they have sales during Christmas?

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Nov 29 2014, 11:14pm

Post #4 of 6 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Black Friday sales [In reply to] Can't Post

They have some offers on now, but you missed Gandalf at half price.
They have $50 off some of the dwarves at the moment.

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 30 2014, 1:16am

Post #5 of 6 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Oh [In reply to] Can't Post

Aw, I'm not sure if I can get any this weekend. Maybe I'll wait for some BofTA work to reveal itself, or at least until Christmas Unsure. Are there any good ones under a hundred too? It's fine if it's over, as long as its Middle Earthy and amazing.

Byozzle88

Dec 18 2014, 5:22am

Post #6 of 6 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Weta Statues [In reply to] Can't Post

I would highly recommend any of the weta figure statues. I own gandalf open edition piece, Radagast and Tauriel 1000 editions and recently purchased special edition Thorin with his Oakenshield 750 from weta in NZ. All the hobbit figures have been designed and created with new highly improved software than lotr. Detail is incredible and you can own your favourite character.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.