Post #1 of 13 (701 views)
Shortcut
Some Questions about the White Council meeting in Rivendell Can't Post

When Elrond leads Gandalf into the Room..he sees Galadriel
& says
"I had no Idea you sent for Her?"

"HE didn't.. I did" Saruman...

OKAY? HOW?
1. Did Saruman knew of this quest,from Sauron?
2. Did Saruman know this From Orc spies?
3. How, did he summon Galadriel?

IF Saruman is so wise? Gandalf seems to NOT want him Involved at ALL..

WHY?

1. Does Gandalf already knows Saruman has Turned?
Apparently Not because of the FOTR reveal..

The Debate only gives us a Taste of the Mind Games that are played out There..

What are your Thoughts?

Maybe this has been written about Already
...then would any of you..you please provide the Link
because
it might Finally find a conclusion the Perplexing
Play of the Big FOUR in Dol Guldur.. Next Month?

Sorry if this late in the conversation, but could be Important to know?
your analysis..when we see this Final Film.

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 28 2014, 12:58pm

Post #2 of 13 (274 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure about the first three but I would guess that Eleanor or someone else told him something then he called for Galadriel to come

I dont think it would be spies though I know someone answerred this awhile back but Saruman always had a distrust for him. Galadriel and Elrond originally wantedd Gandalf to be the head, but Saruman became the head. I'm not sure if this part is right but he always thought he was going to overthrow him because he wanted power but it was him that was greedy and wanted power. At the end of The Return of the.King I think he said something either like "you wanted this" or "you've always been scheming to do this." When Galadriel came. I don't think Saruman was evil until he looked into the Palantir even though he always wanted power so he probably didn't know by the time Bilbo's adventure began.

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."-from "The Last Goodbye"

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2014, 1:28pm

Post #3 of 13 (247 views)
Shortcut
I don't think we know exact mechanisms [In reply to] Can't Post

Even in the texts it isn't obvious how the WC arranged their meetings.

I don't think there is any implication of orcs or Sauron being involved but Saruman does refer to the fact that he has heard of Gandalf's comings and goings: "Did you think these plans and schemes of yours would go unnoticed?"

One potential solution is birds. In the Sil it is implied that Radagast taught Saruman to use birds as his spies (as we later see in the events of LOTR). The timelines don't quite match up but it is implied that this took place around the year 2851 so some 90 years before the events of TH.

So birds as eyes might be a relatively neat hypothetical solution.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 1:36pm

Post #4 of 13 (216 views)
Shortcut
Now, that is a Great Angle...Makes sense...Crebain from Dunland?// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 28 2014, 1:44pm

Post #5 of 13 (228 views)
Shortcut
Autocorrect [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm not sure about the first three but I would guess that Eleanor or someone else told him something then he called for Galadriel to come

I dont think it would be spies though I know someone answerred this awhile back but Saruman always had a distrust for him. Galadriel and Elrond originally wantedd Gandalf to be the head, but Saruman became the head. I'm not sure if this part is right but he always thought he was going to overthrow him because he wanted power but it was him that was greedy and wanted power. At the end of The Return of the.King I think he said something either like "you wanted this" or "you've always been scheming to do this." When Galadriel came. I don't think Saruman was evil until he looked into the Palantir even though he always wanted power so he probably didn't know by the time Bilbo's adventure began.

Eleanor? Elrond! i can't wait to very computer back so it doesn't autocorrect.

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."-from "The Last Goodbye"

(This post was edited by Hobbity Hobbit on Nov 28 2014, 1:45pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 2:01pm

Post #6 of 13 (202 views)
Shortcut
Bwa Ha,Ha...bomby was Thinking what is Sam's First Daughter doing..HERE?/// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz

Finrod
Rohan

Nov 28 2014, 4:23pm

Post #7 of 13 (161 views)
Shortcut
Eleanor, I hardly knew thee [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

Eleanor? Elrond! i can't wait to very computer back so it doesn't autocorrect.

You can (and surely should) disable that “feature”, you know.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 7:15pm

Post #8 of 13 (155 views)
Shortcut
Elves and Istari can communicate... [In reply to] Can't Post

...by a form telepathy called Ósanwe-kenta. It was described in Return of the King, in the chapter Homeward Bound, wherein Gandalf, Galadriel, Celeborn, and Elrond had an extended silent meeting one evening, before Celeborn and Galadriel left the group to return to Lórien. Tolkien actually wrote an essay on it.

Faleel
Rohan

Nov 28 2014, 8:54pm

Post #9 of 13 (124 views)
Shortcut
Eh. [In reply to] Can't Post

Eh? is this true?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 9:11pm

Post #10 of 13 (121 views)
Shortcut
Here's the quote [In reply to] Can't Post

Here now for seven days they tarried, for the time was at hand for another parting which they were loth to make. Soon Celeborn and Galadriel and their folk would turn eastward, and so pass by the Redhorn Gate and down the Dimrill Stair to the Silverlode and to their own country. They had journeyed thus far by the west-ways, for they had much to speak of with Elrond and with Gandalf, and here they lingered still in converse with their friends. Often long after the hobbits were wrapped in sleep they would sit together under the stars, recalling the ages that were gone and all their joys and labours in the world, or holding council, concerning the days to come. If any wanderer had chanced to pass, little would he have seen or heard, and it would have seemed to him only that he saw grey figures, carved in stone, memorials of forgotten things now lost in unpeopled lands. For they did not move or speak with mouth, looking from mind to mind; and only their shining eyes stirred and kindled as their thoughts went to and fro. (my emphasis)
- Many Partings, ROTK

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 9:13pm

Post #11 of 13 (110 views)
Shortcut
I keep getting an error message [In reply to] Can't Post

ERREUR 404 - Document non trouvé

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 10:36pm

Post #12 of 13 (100 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, try this: [In reply to] Can't Post

Google for Ósanwe-kenta, There are a number of sites that seem to have the text in pdf form.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 28 2014, 10:47pm

Post #13 of 13 (102 views)
Shortcut
Found it [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reference.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.