I just bought my ticket (Sweden) :)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DuBekar
Rivendell

Nov 27 2014, 7:30am

Post #1 of 30 (546 views)
Shortcut
I just bought my ticket (Sweden) :) Can't Post

So now i am ready for the last adventure to middle-earth :( Or am i? The feelings i will get... i can't wait :'( I can't believe it is soon over..

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back?"

My childhood will close it's chapter "finally" :(

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Nov 27 2014, 7:32am)

Danielos
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 7:52am

Post #2 of 30 (357 views)
Shortcut
Bioklubben [In reply to] Can't Post

So you are part of "Bioklubben"? The rest of us have to wait until tomorrow!

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 8:00am

Post #3 of 30 (339 views)
Shortcut
Anyone can join Bioklubben and it costs nothing! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 8:02am

Post #4 of 30 (338 views)
Shortcut
I just bought my tickets too. Jeez. [In reply to] Can't Post

Growing more and more hostile towards SF by the day. Their total lack of service annoys me to no end, and their website holds up terribly when under pressure, like this morning. Their website crashed or got stuck several times for me so when I finally got to pick seats the the cinema nearby, all the good spots were taken already (I wanted the PLUS-stolar, but that was impossible)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Nov 27 2014, 9:08am

Post #5 of 30 (309 views)
Shortcut
Wait at least also for the EE!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Remus
Lorien

Nov 27 2014, 9:15am

Post #6 of 30 (301 views)
Shortcut
I will buy the tickets tomorrow [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you guys going on the 10th December? I am thinking going on Friday the 12th December.

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 9:18am

Post #7 of 30 (300 views)
Shortcut
9/12, midnight sceening at 23:59! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Remus
Lorien

Nov 27 2014, 9:23am

Post #8 of 30 (298 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That's kinda late if you have to eat before, then travel to the cinema and then drive home but maybe you live in a big city like Stockholm? Wink

I will get the "Luxury chairs" like last time. Once you go "Luxury chairs" you never go back. Wink At least for these kind of EPIC, MASTERFULLY and AWESOME movies that are like the Hobbit.

Bjarke

Nov 27 2014, 9:28am

Post #9 of 30 (291 views)
Shortcut
your so lucky [In reply to] Can't Post

in denmark it comes the 1 decemberFrown. but anyway good for youWink

dubulous
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 9:40am

Post #10 of 30 (284 views)
Shortcut
Have already got mine too [In reply to] Can't Post

I got mine last Saturday. Here in Helsinki the largest cinema was open all night for the queuers to watch half-price movies (including AUJ and DoS) while waiting for the early ticket sales to start in the morning. Of course, the most hardcore queuers had been camping outside for a couple of weeks, but the overnight queueing event inside the cinema has been a tradition since RotK and I think it's a pretty nice way of indulging the fans. As far as I know, the Middle-Earth franchise is the only one that has gotten this special treatment.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 27 2014, 9:50am

Post #11 of 30 (284 views)
Shortcut
Bought mine during the first week of October [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I'm in Norway. Sadly I was a tad too late and didn't get the seats I wanted. Oh well. December 10th midnight premiere, here I come (and with work at 8 AM I'm going to be a wreck, haha)!

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 9:59am

Post #12 of 30 (278 views)
Shortcut
Also got my tickets earlier this week. [In reply to] Can't Post

23:59 on December 9 :)

So ready. #OneLastTime

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 11:43am

Post #13 of 30 (254 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I don't have to drive, it's a 10 min walk // [In reply to] Can't Post

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 11:56am

Post #14 of 30 (253 views)
Shortcut
You mean dec 9, right? ^^ // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheHutt
Gondor

Nov 27 2014, 3:04pm

Post #15 of 30 (229 views)
Shortcut
I already have three... [In reply to] Can't Post

For the Paris premiere on Dec 4th (yay!),

for the German opening on Dec 10th,

and for a German Tolkien Society Cologne Chapter theatrical viewing on Dec 13th.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 3:30pm

Post #16 of 30 (225 views)
Shortcut
I love those chairs. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I had decided that I would get to sit in one this year too. But alas! They vanished within seconds Frown

Remus
Lorien

Nov 27 2014, 4:54pm

Post #17 of 30 (211 views)
Shortcut
wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they don't vanish and disappear within seconds in Västerås.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 11:02pm

Post #18 of 30 (180 views)
Shortcut
I got mine yesterday... [In reply to] Can't Post

not for the trilogy screening, since it's not playing in my neck of the woods (I guess we're not big enough, since I only live in a mid-size city), but for the 3:50 p.m. showing in HFR 3D on December 21st. Even if it opened on the regular Friday instead of Wednesday, I wouldn't be able to go on opening day, since that just doesn't work for me. And since I'm in no rush to see this installment (for obvious reasons), the longer I put it off, the better (as long as it's during the first week, since this is the only time they'll be showing it in the new HFR 3D). I probably won't see it a second time until the new year, with Christmas coming so close after that and I don't want to depress everyone (which we have on Christmas Eve). Since I'll be a mess, I'll probably opt to walk home instead of get a ride (I'd probably opt for this option anyway, unless they were screening the entire trilogy the Monday before, since then it would be too late to walk home).

It will be playing in our UltraAVX auditorium (which has reserved seating), which was made for movies like this. I'm bringing a small flashlight so that I can find my seat, since it's awfully dark in there (I had to use the light from my cell phone last year with DoS).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Remus
Lorien

Nov 28 2014, 8:54am

Post #19 of 30 (160 views)
Shortcut
EVERYTHING GONE [In reply to] Can't Post

everything was gone except on 14th december (the expensive chairs) so its Sunday 14th december for me and my brother. 5 PM(? i am so bad at AM PM).

I guess that will do...

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 28 2014, 10:18am

Post #20 of 30 (144 views)
Shortcut
Is it just me, or... [In reply to] Can't Post

Does this movie seem way more hyped than DOS? The midnight screening I'm going to is already sold out. The very same midnight screening I went to last year didn't get sold out til a few days before the premiere. Could be a co-incidence, but I have a feeling that people are truly excited for BOFA.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 28 2014, 10:23am

Post #21 of 30 (140 views)
Shortcut
There is certainly more buzz this year... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I would agree with that.

I actually asked at my local cinema and they told me that they are selling tickets faster than last year right now - also more people decide for the HFR version (there had already be an increase from AUJ to DoS).

That is good... BotFA will have to sell more tickets in order to reach the same numbers in Europe because of the exchange rates (Euro is much weaker compared to last December).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 28 2014, 10:24am)

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 28 2014, 10:32am

Post #22 of 30 (137 views)
Shortcut
Also, the US gross has to deliver this time [In reply to] Can't Post

That DOS grossed 45 million less domestically than AUJ is the reason why DOS didn't reach 1 billion. I have hopes that BOFA will make more than DOS, around 260-280 million. Unfortunately, Box Office Mojo puts BOFA at 235 million, but hey, they've been wrong before (Mockingjay)

But yes, in Europe, I'm definately feeling the hype. I guess people really want to go to the cinema this christmas and enter Middle-earth for one last time.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Nov 28 2014, 10:36am)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 28 2014, 10:34am

Post #23 of 30 (138 views)
Shortcut
Box Office Mojo [In reply to] Can't Post

failed tremendously in the Interstellar domestic predictions too

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 28 2014, 10:48am

Post #24 of 30 (131 views)
Shortcut
Yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

... MJ1 and Interstellar also got worse reviews than expected, maybe that was the reason. I hope it is not a hint that people are less enthusiastic right now to go to the movies.

But my hope is also around $260 Mio domestically and around $750 Mio overseas.

That would put it at $1.01 bil world-wide.

I had hoped for more overseas... but I do not see it happening with the exchange rates. But there is hope that it could reach AUJ domestic numbers, if it is received really well. I would be surprised if the franchise was really in a downwards trajectory as Mojo thinks. After the reception of AUJ the drop of DoS wasn't a major surprise... but DoS was received a bit better and the marketing for this one seems to be better received. So I do not see it dropping further.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 28 2014, 10:50am)

Danielos
Rohan

Nov 28 2014, 11:07am

Post #25 of 30 (127 views)
Shortcut
Ticket - finally! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I have my ticket as well. December the 10th at 9pm on Rigoletto in 3D HFR.

Can´t wait!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.