Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A Technical Question for Those who have DoS EE, already?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 5:35pm

Post #1 of 5 (700 views)
Shortcut
A Technical Question for Those who have DoS EE, already? Can't Post

Bom won't the Extended Edition until Christmas as a Present from my sister..

SSOoo.. is there much in the Nine Hours of BTS footage about All of the "3D Printing" of Weapons, Armor etc..
utilized by WETA Workshop?

ONE more
Amazing Innovation in the Technologically
Advanced worldwide? wonderful PROP workshop...Mind-blowing to see..

bomby
Heart

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 5:49pm

Post #2 of 5 (321 views)
Shortcut
Not much on 3D printing output [In reply to] Can't Post

Come to think of it, I don't remember a LOT about the weapons, seems like there was more of that ilk in the AUJ appendices.
Lots of Smaug, sets, character development, costumes, locations (or not) - wonderful stuff, hate thinking it is all warehoused......Frown

Orc Berserker
Bree

Nov 26 2014, 6:28pm

Post #3 of 5 (300 views)
Shortcut
No discussions of weapons or armour [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully they are saving that for the BOFA EE...

I'm hoping for separate documentaries about each of the 5 five armies detailing their design and production. (including weapons and armour)

For one thing, i'm disappointed so far with the EE's for the lack of details concerning the design for the orcs...We had one doc on Azog which was pretty good, but then nothing in the DOS EE... What about Bolg? I know a lot of people don't care about the 'dark forces' but they are a big part of these films and surely WETA and Peter know that people are interested in the design aspect of ALL races of Middle Earth.

I have to say that I absolutley LOVE the WETA Chronicles book series by Daniel Falconer, if you haven't read any of them yet you really should - they go into LOTS of detail about design and production of all the weapons, armour, costumes, prosthetics, EVERYTHING. It's amazing.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 6:32pm

Post #4 of 5 (265 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for THAT Info...a "MustHave" Book..// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Eruonen
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 9:32pm

Post #5 of 5 (209 views)
Shortcut
Quite a bit of art design as concepts were tossed about. [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.