The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Pub Moot with TheOneRing.net in London - Nov 30th

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Nov 10 2014, 8:47am

Post #1 of 10 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Pub Moot with TheOneRing.net in London - Nov 30th Can't Post

Going to the World Premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies? Planning to camp out to secure a good spot at the red carpet? Fancy meeting with some fellow fans beforehand?

TORn can help you with that last one! We're holding a 'pub moot' in London on Sunday 30th November, the night before the World Premiere. We'll be gathering with fellow fans at Waxy O'Connor's, near Leicester Square. The good folks at Waxy's are reserving the 'Cottage Bar' as a private space for us - our own cosy hobbit hole complete with fireplace! We'll be there from 6pm to closing.

No need to buy tickets for this event - just show up on the night! Waxy's have an excellent menu, so you can buy dinner there - and of course their well-stocked bar will be open. This is a simple event - basically just show up to the pub, buy yourself a pint and chat with fellow fans!

We will have a couple of prizes for the best costumes, so you are warmly encouraged to show up in Middle-earth finery!

And you never know who may show up to a TORn party... Hope to see you there - The Cottage Bar at Waxy O'Connor's, 14-16 Rupert Street, 6pm, Sunday 30th November.

[Please note: because of pub licensing laws, you must be 18 or over to attend this event. Sorry!]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Nov 10 2014, 7:35pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2014, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 10 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Who here will be attending? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure I can make both this evening get together and the actual premiere the next day. I will definitely be at the premiere though. Will TORn be doing anything on premiere day as well?

I also notice that UK cinemas (Odeon, Cineworld, etc.) are now selling tickets for BO5A. Cineworld is doing a 3D trilogy screening starting at 6pm on 11th Dec. So tempted to book!

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 10 2014, 8:51pm

Post #3 of 10 (1860 views)
Shortcut
I will be there [In reply to] Can't Post

I will go to the moot.
Than to bed and up early, in hopes that not all the fans decide to stay out for the night, and still get a good spot at the red carpet for autographs and pictures.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2014, 9:04pm

Post #4 of 10 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Earlier the better? [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent! I've never been to a film premiere, and I know Leicester Square can fill up quickly. What are the general rules and etiquette of waiting? I don't want to be one of these people that turns up late but ends up (by pushing my way) at the front! What time does it kick off? I'm trying to plan my train down to get there at a reasonable time.

I definitely don't want to miss out. This will be my first TORn moot, so I look forward to meeting familiar names.

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Nov 10 2014, 9:12pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 10 2014, 9:21pm

Post #5 of 10 (1856 views)
Shortcut
Me!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 11 2014, 6:48am

Post #6 of 10 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Speaking from previous premieres [In reply to] Can't Post

But not in London.

Both in Wellington (AUJ) and Berlin (DOS), people spend the night outside. Although in Berlin security kept waking them up because it was freezing and they didn't want people to die from hyperthermea.
At both evens I arrived early morning. Berlin a bit earlier since the red carpet was much shorter. Wellington we were there around 9, Berlin around 7. And we got a spot along the red carpet.
I think since the one in London isn't very long (judging from what I remember from being there this summer) and it is the last world premiere, you'll have to be there early. I'm aiming at 5 (Crazy yawn).

With both previous events I noticed that the first row fills up pretty quick. Than there is a long time with hardly anybody showing up. Around noon it gets a bit busier. And around 4 it gets really busy with the event starting around 6.

So prepare for a long day of waiting and getting to know your fellow waiters.

We must try to meet there! And of course also TORn'ers who are going to be there.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 11 2014, 11:33am

Post #7 of 10 (1853 views)
Shortcut
I only live an hour away. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I could camp out all night for a good spot, but not sure my other half would approve when little DLB will only be 11 weeks old!

I am aiming to get there between 9 and 10. I can't get there any earlier than that. I hope I can still get a good spot then. If the weather is rubbish, I might risk turning up a little later.

Thanks for the advice, Rosie. Smile

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2014, 6:31pm

Post #8 of 10 (1803 views)
Shortcut
Very tempted by this [In reply to] Can't Post

I am only 90 minutes from London... just wondering whether Neil would mind me disappearing for a couple of days!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 22 2014, 3:53am

Post #9 of 10 (1789 views)
Shortcut
Would love to go! [In reply to] Can't Post

This one's shaping up to be a nice gathering.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 26 2014, 3:16pm

Post #10 of 10 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Pub Moot update! (from the Home Page) [In reply to] Can't Post

Monday, November 24:

Just a week to go until the World Premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in London's Leicester Square! TheOneRing.net will be there - and don't forget, we're holding a pub moot the night before.

We'll be gathering with fellow fans at Waxy O'Connor's, near Leicester Square. The good folks at Waxy's are reserving the 'Cottage Bar' as a private space for us - our own cosy hobbit hole complete with fireplace! We'll be there from 6pm to closing.

No need to buy tickets for this event - just show up on the night! Waxy's have an excellent menu, so you can buy dinner there - and of course their well-stocked bar will be open. This is a simple event - basically just show up to the pub, buy yourself a pint and chat with fellow fans!

We will have prizes for the best costumes, so you are warmly encouraged to show up in Middle-earth finery!

And you never know who may show up to a TORn party... Hope to see you there - The Cottage Bar at Waxy O'Connor's, 14-16 Rupert Street, 6pm, Sunday 30th November.

[Please note: because of pub licensing laws, you must be 18 or over to attend this event. Sorry!]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.