The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Why I have trust in BOFTA

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 26 2014, 12:22pm

Post #1 of 11 (1281 views)
Shortcut
Why I have trust in BOFTA Can't Post

I have trust in BOFTA because as we saw from DOS they've really have taken reviews to the heart and sped up the pace. This has the definite ending, we won't get another forge which wasn't that bad in my opinion not my favorite though. As articles have said they decided not to focus on random characters in battle too much (my only worry is shortness, hopefully they're just taking random character out, parts out that they don't need in battle). This will also be emotionally heavy. The score seems amazing from the previews. I hope BOFTA Will live up to our expectations and I think it will. So who else is going back to Middle Earth one last time?

The premiere is coming soon so I think I might make mysterious busy. I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."-from "The Last Goodbye"

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2014, 1:06pm

Post #2 of 11 (675 views)
Shortcut
Speeding up the pace is a negative in my book [In reply to] Can't Post

First half of DOS felt rushed.

We'll see about BOFA...

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 1:10pm

Post #3 of 11 (638 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely agree with this. Still looking forward to the film, nonetheless. I find that powerful wild boar particularly intriguing, for some reason…

In Reply To
First half of DOS felt rushed.

We'll see about BOFA...

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 26 2014, 2:19pm

Post #4 of 11 (578 views)
Shortcut
Speeding up the pace is about the worst thing that can happen [In reply to] Can't Post

Adding more CGI than the last two because it is 2014 is a really negative thing.

Having an emotional and epic ending to a pretty solid setup in the first two movies, priceless.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 4:49pm

Post #5 of 11 (446 views)
Shortcut
Definitely agree with this [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I didn't love the TE version of DOS - but after seeing the EE and feeling firmly this is the movie we should have had in the first place, I don't know whether to think a "rapid-fire" BOFA is a good thing, because I won't have time to emotionally invest; or a bad thing because IMO it's "insulting" to the characters and material and the fans.

Just getting the feeling more and more that "general critic and audience views" may not be the way more dedicated fans look at things, at all!

PS. Even the OP's mild comment about early reviews is the kind of thing I am trying to avoid; and Holly this is not a comment at you, really (:

I am just wondering if my target "embargo" day Nov 30 will hold up - and after all it's not like TORn didn't WARN days ago, if people like me really, really, really want to know nothing, don't come here *grins*. But if I weren't here, I would have missed the announcement of the Empire articles etc.CoolTongue

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2014, 5:35pm

Post #6 of 11 (418 views)
Shortcut
For me it is just the reverse - the ambling pace of AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Appears to me to have been a poor choice for the general audience and was overly close to the "moving illustration" end of the adaptation spectrum for my own personal tastes. I am left thinking of AUJ as my least favorite of the five films partly on the basis of this factor.

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 26 2014, 6:45pm

Post #7 of 11 (372 views)
Shortcut
oops [In reply to] Can't Post

Myself not mysterious and yeah pace wasn't the best example but what I meant is that they took reviews straight to the heart.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 27 2014, 1:34am

Post #8 of 11 (257 views)
Shortcut
"...I meant is that they took reviews straight to the heart. " [In reply to] Can't Post

DUH? WHAT?..
DO you Honestly THINK Reviews
made a ANY Difference?

WRONG...Jebez & PJ as a Editing TEAM
are Much.. SMARTER, More Talented,,More Qualified
to Cut a Film ETC.

Than some.."I Wanta-Be Brilliant"..DeskTOP Journalist.
WHO has NEVER sat down at an Editing Control Desk?

They are Trying REALLY Hard to get Clicks,
Thumbs UP..with Sarcastic...Cruel QUOTEzzzzzzzzzzzz..
Re-printed in PAPERS worldwide?
from EVEN OTHER people..
Much less Qualified..?..

WRONG all the down..

Critics sit back & with their "All Knowing" attitude
JUST want to
GET Quoted..

THAT is ALL they do,
when they DO their DO-DO..
THEY are the sneaky SNAKES in THIS Business..

bomCrazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Nov 27 2014, 1:40am)

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

Nov 27 2014, 2:32am

Post #9 of 11 (236 views)
Shortcut
yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I get what you're saying I too think they know the best but I think that they wills do their best to make everyone happy. People thought AUJ was too long not really in my opinion, so it seems like they tried to pleasure the people who thought that.
I'm sorry I'm typing on a mobile device so I don't really check what I am saying so sorry f there is mistakes. Also also because even though there's going to be a lot of cgi Allentown Dale and a lot of places were made and Haverhill seems like it has too. bah stop autocorrecting hopefully you get what im aaying.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 27 2014, 3:26am

Post #10 of 11 (220 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

The EE made it much better in my opinion.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

FernysApple
Bree

Nov 29 2014, 1:51pm

Post #11 of 11 (172 views)
Shortcut
it seems like [In reply to] Can't Post

everyone is focused on the Battle, like its the most important thing. Its not. People are focused on how 'cool' its going to look, and have forgotten that the most important thing is Bilbo. They will probably turn him into some ridiculous 'warrior Bilbo'. I for one have no faith in Bo5A.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.