Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Beautiful new Hobbit stamps from NZ Post!

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 26 2014, 7:31am

Post #1 of 5 (23211 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful new Hobbit stamps from NZ Post! Can't Post

'Our friends at NZ Post have asked us to let you know about their amazing new products, released just in time for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - and in time for the holidays! In addition to six regular, gorgeous stamps - featuring Bilbo, Smaug, Gandalf, Tauriel, Thranduil and Bard - they have a special Bag End stamp which actually includes wood from the party tree on set at Hobbiton! According to their press release, 'the wood has been ground down to a fine powder and affixed to the door image on the stamp' - so you get to own a piece of the actual set as part of your stamp!

To go with the stamp is a stunning Bag End coin, which also includes a piece of party tree wood as the door of Bag End, featured on the coin. This collectible comes in a beautiful presentation box, shaped and decorated like Bilbo's green door. Other coins produced by NZ Post feature Thorin, Smaug, Azog and more. One set of gold coins shows Elrond, Galadriel and Sarumann, and also comes in a lovely presentation box.

These products really are incredible - I can't tell you how much I covet them all myself! Check out the Precioussesssss for yourself at https://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/...t/battle-five-armies - and treat yourself to a very special memento of Middle-earth.'

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 26 2014, 7:34am)

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2014, 7:53am

Post #2 of 5 (22490 views)
Shortcut
My presentation pack arrived last week - beautiful! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Elk2013
The Shire

Nov 26 2014, 1:30pm

Post #3 of 5 (22462 views)
Shortcut
Got the set of postcards today [In reply to] Can't Post

The cards are gorgeous with a different charater stamp on each one, very good purchase for mself. Gonna try the sheet of Thranduil stampsLaugh

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 4:17pm

Post #4 of 5 (22808 views)
Shortcut
wish I could afford [In reply to] Can't Post

as much as I would like, but I do have the AUJ and DOS stamps and post cards.

Think it is wonderful the Hobbit has been featured on stamps - LOL what bragging rights for the actors, and rightfully for PJ & co.

BTW I have found the NZ post office care with shipping and packing to be superb.Smile

Galathil

Jan 10 2016, 11:23am

Post #5 of 5 (17473 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet as *-*
I think, the prise is OK because the pictures are..., yes, beautiful :D
I wanna have it ;D , but it's impossible :(
Anyway, see ya Smile

~Galathil

If more people valued home above gold, this wolrd would be a merrier place
~Thorin Oakenshield

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.