Shortcut
What's the scoop with this Nazgul? Can't Post

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 2:48am

Post #2 of 18 (2267 views)
Shortcut
His name is Ted [In reply to] Can't Post

And he got stuck with the short straw in the helmet department.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Bishop
Gondor

Nov 26 2014, 2:53am

Post #3 of 18 (2234 views)
Shortcut
Let's continue the story [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking about at his Nazgul friends, Ted tried desperately to conceal his embarrassment. But the porcupine purse wasn't helping matters much.

drewster81
The Shire

Nov 26 2014, 2:54am

Post #4 of 18 (2208 views)
Shortcut
He's there to entertain the other 8 when they're feeling down. [In reply to] Can't Post

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 3:07am

Post #5 of 18 (2153 views)
Shortcut
Although he doesn't have a sweet scottish singing voice like a hobbit we know... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ted does know how to dance.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

(This post was edited by There&ThereAgain on Nov 26 2014, 3:08am)

Retro315
Rivendell

Nov 26 2014, 3:37am

Post #6 of 18 (2202 views)
Shortcut
The Easterling [In reply to] Can't Post

Khamul, the Easterling.

The text doesn't get too into detail about just who the Nazgul all are. But the extra material does a bit, and we can also surmise based on Sauron and Celebrimbor's selection of dwarves and elven ringbearers what kind of men they'd be. We know that the Witch-king is in all likelihood a Black Numenorean, with some likely connection to Arnor, because, Angmar. We know a couple others are probably Numenorean lords from down south. We don't know the rest, but we know they should likely have been powerful, holding much in the way of land and soldiers and wealth. Possibly one from Harad, one from Khand, one from the East, maybe one from Rhovanion or the ancestors of the Horse-lords.

But one we do know the name of is Khamul the Easterling. He's specifically the Nazgul who questioned the Gaffer about Frodo's whereabouts, and moreover, canonically he's the only Nazgul in the books who might have been at Dol Guldur in this time period.

Anyway, the Easterling-style kit pretty much pegs this guy as Khamul, even if they never get into discussing it within the film narrative canon.

That's our keeper of Dol Guldur, second only to the Witch-king (and thus, Sauron's third in command). And I believe the only "named" Nazgul.

(This post was edited by Retro315 on Nov 26 2014, 3:38am)

Bishop
Gondor

Nov 26 2014, 3:45am

Post #7 of 18 (2171 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

His name is Ted. Laugh

Danielos
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 4:16am

Post #8 of 18 (2159 views)
Shortcut
Nazgul [In reply to] Can't Post

He really should quit the junk food and start some proper diet.

xMb
The Shire

Nov 26 2014, 4:23am

Post #9 of 18 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Guys, c'mon. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure he already gets teased enough by the other 8 for his weight, no need to make fun...

Bladerunner
Gondor

Nov 26 2014, 4:51am

Post #10 of 18 (2106 views)
Shortcut
Is Ted the Easterling played by PJ the New Zealander? [In reply to] Can't Post

Btw - his outfit doesn't strike me as Easterling in fashion, esp. when compared to the Easterling attire in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

(This post was edited by Bladerunner on Nov 26 2014, 4:52am)

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 12:56pm

Post #11 of 18 (1934 views)
Shortcut
He's Khamul The Easterling, and he likes pie, it would seem. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to know Bombur finally has his own nemesis.

* crunch *

Guert
Rivendell

Nov 26 2014, 1:30pm

Post #12 of 18 (1949 views)
Shortcut
PJ Cameo ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i.bullfax.com/...70566152c6960882.jpg

He does indeed looks like the costume PJ wore at the SDCC this year... haha !

adt100
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 1:54pm

Post #13 of 18 (1909 views)
Shortcut
You could be onto something there... [In reply to] Can't Post

joec_34
Rivendell

Nov 26 2014, 2:19pm

Post #14 of 18 (1898 views)
Shortcut
Connection to RotK cameo? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been reading wiki sites, so this is probably a bit wacky, but I thought I'd share my fun thought anyways.
If the Witch King is most likely a Black Numenorean, as Retro asserts,
And the Black Numenoreans are connected to the Corsairs of Umbar, (as lotr.wikia.com seems to say,)
And the Nazgul were great leaders of men when Sauron gave them rings,
And leaders have historically cemented alliances with marriages,
And if PJ does cameo as Khamul, the Easterling (aka Ted,)
And he already did a cameo as one of the Corsairs of Umbar in RotK,
Then, (drum roll please) perhaps, the PJ cameo Corsair is descended from Khamul (aka Ted) and The Witch King!

P.S. I don't think I'll ever see the nazgul again without thinking of Ted.

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2014, 2:37pm

Post #15 of 18 (1884 views)
Shortcut
Motion capture cameo if so [In reply to] Can't Post

All nine are CG.

Carnivoran
The Shire

Nov 26 2014, 4:05pm

Post #16 of 18 (1836 views)
Shortcut
His helm and body armor are certainly Easterling in appearance [In reply to] Can't Post

Take a look at the helmet of the easterlings and their shoulder armor. It is very similar.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Easterlings

His curvy long parts on the helm look like extensions of a the normal easterling helmet just in reverse.

His robes make him look oddly portly though.....

Snowghost77
Lorien

Nov 26 2014, 11:30pm

Post #17 of 18 (1734 views)
Shortcut
I really like all the nazgul designs personally... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really liking the diversity...didn't sauron lure the men from all over middle earth? Makes sense to me for them to look different and some quite outlandish as well.. pretty sick design.
peace.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget youhttps://m.facebook.com/frontlinewatchint/photos/pb.278061909050787.-2207520000.1414686076./286850571505254/?type=1&source=54&ref=bookmark

Bishop
Gondor

Nov 26 2014, 11:48pm

Post #18 of 18 (1727 views)
Shortcut
I love the diversity in design too [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's pretty awesome. It's just that guy's hat I was curious about. And, you know, you look at these guys and the diversity doesn't seem so apparent. I hope they have some good behind the scenes on how they decided how the Nazgul would look in this form.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.