Link to the trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 25 2014, 10:14pm

Post #3 of 15 (361 views)
Shortcut
Looks promising [In reply to] Can't Post

It's definitely in my list of films I look forward to seeing next year.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2014, 10:38pm

Post #4 of 15 (367 views)
Shortcut
Oh boy, here we go again. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Looks like fun, I'll definitely go see it. But the people running this dinosaur park sure do have what I once heard a professor call "a flat learning curve". Apparently the T-Rex and the velociraptors didn't eat enough visitors the first time around. SmileTongue

Farewell hope,
and with hope
farewell fear.

John Milton

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 25 2014, 10:40pm

Post #5 of 15 (362 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! I can't wait. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm more excited about this than about TBATFA.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 25 2014, 11:04pm

Post #6 of 15 (360 views)
Shortcut
I learned about this movie only yesterday. [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone on Facebook said, "please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck".

I'll be the theatre early for this one.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Nov 25 2014, 11:53pm

Post #7 of 15 (352 views)
Shortcut
The premise is true and the big crowds [In reply to] Can't Post

would go to a park like Jurassic trusting the owners.....we all walk into a zoo that has bears, tigers and snakes without thinking about it...

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 12:50am

Post #8 of 15 (343 views)
Shortcut
Meh. Looks plastic and it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 1:26am

Post #9 of 15 (342 views)
Shortcut
Ha ha ha ha [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone on Facebook said, "please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck".

I'll be the theatre early for this one.

Yeah, I am there. If you can't have Smaug....Cool

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 26 2014, 7:44am

Post #10 of 15 (318 views)
Shortcut
Agree // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 8:52am

Post #11 of 15 (323 views)
Shortcut
Probably. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I was underwhelmed by the trailer.

Yesterday was really the day of bad trailers... "Pan" looks like an abysmal movie, too.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Nov 26 2014, 11:12am

Post #12 of 15 (333 views)
Shortcut
As a lifelong dino fan [In reply to] Can't Post

who grew up with the AMNH - oh yeah.

Mosasaur/Tylosaur this time - interesting. This could be quite good, as the Pteranodons in JP3 were quite scary and in my opinion their scene was one of the best in the movie.

I'm sure the special effects will be stunning as usual, but I also hope the story holds up better this time. I'm still a little bitter about the camouflaging Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel being ditched for the "T-Rex eats San Diego" turn, and the story for JP3 wasn't that great...

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 26 2014, 3:24pm

Post #13 of 15 (309 views)
Shortcut
We'll probably go as a family. [In reply to] Can't Post

Twenty years ago, when my daughter was seven, she wanted to see the first movie and I wouldn't let her because it was too scary. She asked if she could read the book. I thought there was no way a seven-year-old could plow through that big book, and I've never censored my kids' reading, so I said OK. That night she saw a velociraptor in her closet. Oops. Bad mom. The book is much scarier than the movie. But she says now that she had a great time reading that book, and knew when she saw the velociraptor it was time to close the book and go to sleep.

I remember one of the sequels, maybe the second movie, I recognized one of the locations as a "place in my heart", Fern Canyon at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, CA. We camped on that beach for two weeks when I was a teenager, and I've always remembered it with love and longing. That's all I remember about the sequel.

What I loved about the book was all the chaos theory, something I've been interested in for decades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

silvereyed
The Shire

Nov 26 2014, 8:45pm

Post #14 of 15 (319 views)
Shortcut
I thought it was great [In reply to] Can't Post

They had a Moasaur in the Jurassic Park game from telltale games and it was super scary, I can't wait to see what they do with one in the actual movie

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Dec 2 2014, 10:25pm

Post #15 of 15 (273 views)
Shortcut
Dont know the rating of the movie yet [In reply to] Can't Post

.....an R rating would mean way too scary and I will skip it...maybe watch it on DVD

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.