Galadriel showing her stuff!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

delius82
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 2:42am

Post #1 of 46 (2539 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel showing her stuff!! Can't Post

I just saw one of the teasers on NBC during football here in America. I don't know who else saw it but it clearly shows Galadriel using her "powers" in Dol Goldur. She's standing facing what I presume is Sauron or one of the 9 and uses what may be her ring, "Nenya". It was an awesome shot.

Saneliur
Bree

Nov 24 2014, 5:09am

Post #2 of 46 (1281 views)
Shortcut
She does!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

And she looks so AWESOME. I geeked out when I saw the clip, even if it was only about a second Tongue

Spalko
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 6:39am

Post #3 of 46 (1152 views)
Shortcut
I just saw it in the other post [In reply to] Can't Post

And Galadriel looked awesome! I had my fears about Dol Guldur after reding the spoilers thread, but I think now that it is going to be simply amazing.

TiberiusOgden
Bree

Nov 24 2014, 8:00am

Post #4 of 46 (1050 views)
Shortcut
We need link! :o))) It sounds amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Saneliur
Bree

Nov 24 2014, 8:06am

Post #5 of 46 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Link is... [In reply to] Can't Post

In a previous thread. Here you go, you can find it here:

http://newboards.theonering.net/...b=post_time;so=DESC;

TiberiusOgden
Bree

Nov 24 2014, 8:17am

Post #6 of 46 (986 views)
Shortcut
Thank you ;o) [In reply to] Can't Post

dubulous
Rohan

Nov 24 2014, 10:53am

Post #7 of 46 (906 views)
Shortcut
Finally! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really wish this shot had been included in the actual trailer.

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Nov 24 2014, 11:33am

Post #8 of 46 (865 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

For a second there I feared she might look like a cartoon, like Gandalf in his Dol Guldur scenes, but this actually looks like Cate Blanchett. Wonderful.

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 24 2014, 12:08pm

Post #9 of 46 (952 views)
Shortcut
I'd say that all but confirms Frodo's rumours... [In reply to] Can't Post

He described Galadriel flicking her fingers in this way... Seems odd to me that it's so easy for Galadriel when Gandalf struggled so much. I guess PJ has made her the most powerful for some reason.

Noria
Gondor

Nov 24 2014, 12:32pm

Post #10 of 46 (889 views)
Shortcut
Sauron or the Nine [In reply to] Can't Post

Do we know who Galadriel is facing? We don't know how successful she is.

dubulous
Rohan

Nov 24 2014, 1:00pm

Post #11 of 46 (866 views)
Shortcut
But it's in line with what we know of the Istari [In reply to] Can't Post

The Istari aren't supposed to directly fight against Sauron, and what we see in DoS is just Gandalf following that order. He defends himself up to a certain point but he's absolutely refraining from even trying to attack Sauron himself. It doesn't mean he necessarily lacks the power.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 24 2014, 1:06pm

Post #12 of 46 (846 views)
Shortcut
YEAH! [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 24 2014, 1:06pm

Post #13 of 46 (817 views)
Shortcut
Goddess! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 24 2014, 1:07pm

Post #14 of 46 (807 views)
Shortcut
I adore Blanchett! [In reply to] Can't Post

I dreamt of scenes like this ever since I destroyed a huge Isengard fortress with Ring-Galadriel in Battle for Middle-earth 2 Wink

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 24 2014, 1:08pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 24 2014, 1:09pm

Post #15 of 46 (779 views)
Shortcut
Yeah! // [In reply to] Can't Post

edited for language

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Nov 24 2014, 11:06pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 24 2014, 1:16pm

Post #16 of 46 (773 views)
Shortcut
Yup! [In reply to] Can't Post

She is one of my favourites since her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth until now. I really hope the Dol Guldur events will be a distinctive highlight of all six films!

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Spalko
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 1:22pm

Post #17 of 46 (760 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
She is one of my favourites since her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth until now. I really hope the Dol Guldur events will be a distinctive highlight of all six films!

And I hope that it will be at the same epicness level of Gandalf Vs Balrog.

Spalko
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 1:24pm

Post #18 of 46 (795 views)
Shortcut
Yeah! [In reply to] Can't Post

This scene just made me forget about how disappointed the spoilers thread left and made me want to go and watch it more than ever.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 24 2014, 1:35pm

Post #19 of 46 (838 views)
Shortcut
Spoiler Thread [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a bit frustrated by it as well (if it turns out to be true).

But this really helped:

Imagine a time shortly before the RotK release and you get told that there will be

no Witch-king vs. Gandalf
no Mouth of Sauron
almost no Faramir/Eowyn
no Frodo & Sam with the Orcs
no Saruman (at all!)
a very rushed episode that gets Aragorn to the Black Gate
(no Scourging of the Shire - though that one was always rather obvious)

That would (and probably did) disappoint many people... yet it turned out to be a pretty great movie.

Not saying that BotFA will reach the heights of RotK - but it does not have to.

I think, however, a list of potential ommissions can make the movie (especially in this series) look much more underwhelming than it will actually seem to you in the cinema chair.

It will all depend on whether you get truely taken away by the movie... if that happens you will probably not start thinking about the missing scenes until you leave the theatre (or at least agree that it was worth for the pacing etc).

Let's hope this happens to many of us :)

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 24 2014, 1:36pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 24 2014, 2:01pm

Post #20 of 46 (719 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spalko
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 2:06pm

Post #21 of 46 (724 views)
Shortcut
You are right [In reply to] Can't Post

But I was disappointed not only by the spoilers thread, but by the comments of one of the Hobbit contest winners, who said that he, personally, didn't like it, that it needed more time, all the time that the second one didn't need, but, like I said before, just that glimpse of Galadriel (and I am sure that Saruman and Elrond will be as epic as her) made me forget about the disappointment and just wait and see what PJ offers us in this last movie.

I hope it too. I hope that when we will leave the cinema, we won't be missing them. *crossing fingers*

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 2:21pm

Post #22 of 46 (711 views)
Shortcut
That is true, and many of those showed up in the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

So who knows with BotFA, maybe history will repeat itself. We'll find out in time. Either way, I'm not going to judge the movie until I've seen it.

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 2:43pm

Post #23 of 46 (718 views)
Shortcut
To be honest [In reply to] Can't Post

There was quite a bit of disappointment from Frodo's spoiler thread which has not been taken away by these spots.

Everything looks great, and for what they will show, I am sure Dol Guldur will be exciting as well. But it seems that the ending with Sauron will be open ended, plus Saruman does not confront him if what Frodo says is correct. This flashy image of Galadriel using her power doesn't change that IMO. What it does promise is that she at least will show her power there, but we already knew that was happening last year.

Also, I thought the Return of the King theatrical was definitely a disappointment for the axed scenes you mention.
The film was redeemed only in the extended edition. RoTK was the worst theatrical cut so far, unbelievable how much Jackson left out in favour of invented nonsense. All the stuff you mentioned he left out, but would he leave out the Ghosts of the Dead? Of course not, that's horror and must be included, he indulged himself.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Nov 24 2014, 3:12pm

Post #24 of 46 (716 views)
Shortcut
Did you read his second more detailed spoiler on the scene? [In reply to] Can't Post

That didn't seem to be leaving things open ended to me, beyond the degree to which the plot line demands. It can't be wholly conclusive as Sauron is not finally victorious here nor is he finally defeated. However, in terms of seeing the WC put forth its strength and drive Sauron from DG, as the books say, it seems we see just that.

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Nov 24 2014, 4:44pm

Post #25 of 46 (626 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I read that [In reply to] Can't Post

The description he posted made it seems that all were present, but the confrontation with Sauron himself would be for Galadriel.
He then said Dol Guldur cuts off with the line from Saruman in the trailer. Saruman to feature vs Nazgul but not Sauron.

I really hope that is not true, because the trailer suggests the exact opposite, doesn't it, it suggests that Saruman will have a role vs Sauron himself.
This is what worries me. Plus that the WC vs Sauron scene as a whole will be brief.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.