The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
LOTR rerelease in 3-D

StarGodziller
Bree

Nov 23 2014, 7:55pm

Post #1 of 3 (325 views)
Shortcut
LOTR rerelease in 3-D Can't Post

I have a strong suspicion that PJ and Warner Brothers may well re-release the LOTR trilogy converted to 3-D in theaters and possibly with some minor enhancements like making Gollum in FOTR look the same as he does in the other films and replacing Ian Holm in the prologue with Martiin Freeman. I wouldn't be surprised if they start re-releasing them in 2021 or so. A lot of movies are getting re-released for their 20th anniversaries like JURASSIC PARK. Would you go see it? I think most of us would. At least there may be light at the end of the tunnel that BOTFA might not be the last time we get to see Middle Earth in theaters after all.

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 25 2014, 1:53am

Post #2 of 3 (228 views)
Shortcut
There's a fan conversion out there... [In reply to] Can't Post

LotR looks fantastic in 3D. You really get a sense of looking through the King of the Dead it's quite creepy. I'd love an 'enhanced' version and I think taking the 'George Lucas' approach is perfectly justifiable for this franchise, providing the original theatrical editions are kept untouched and accessible.

I'm also interested in the possibility of converting LotR into a higher frame-rate. But I understand the argument against it and wouldn't be let down if it doesn't happen. It's a controversial process.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Nov 25 2014, 1:54am)

Cillendor
Lorien

Nov 25 2014, 4:31pm

Post #3 of 3 (228 views)
Shortcut
I'd be thrilled with a "George Lucas" cut of the films! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unlike Lucas, I think that Peter Jackson actually knows what is best for the story. I know some will disagree after certain questionable decisions he's made in The Hobbit, but I am more concerned with internal consistency than book purity. I would love to see some of the footage restored that has yet to make it into the films. I'd also DEFINITELY love to see Martin Freeman's Bilbo in the FOTR prologue, and Andy Serkis' Gollum throughout all of FOTR. Perhaps they could add the glow to Glamdring and Orcrist.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.