Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Radagast: "Master of shapes and changes of hues" in BOTFA ... *speculations/possible spoilers*

Arandir
Gondor

Nov 22 2014, 5:49pm

Post #1 of 3 (699 views)
Shortcut
Radagast: "Master of shapes and changes of hues" in BOTFA ... *speculations/possible spoilers* Can't Post

Considering PJ is going out with a bang with the last Hobbit/Middle-earth film, I'm wondering whether he'll tap into the Brown's skills as a wizard.

Gandalf's quote about his companion in 'The Fellowship of the Ring' holds great potential for both the character of Radagast and the Dol Guldur subplot.

I missed not seeing him with the rest of the White Council in the trailer, but I'm really hoping he does have his own shining moment.

Whether it's camouflaging himself into Dol Guldur's rough stonework, pretending to be a broken tree stump or any other less-ridiculous hidden skill, I'd really like those powers to be put on screen.

After all, it has already been hinted that he can appear out of nowhere; take for example his sneaking on Gandalf in the High Fells (in DoS). To me that suggests he was there prior to Gandalf's arrival - hence the bird in one of the tombs. Some may think that his sudden appearance behind Gandalf is for mere dramatic effect. I'm thinking otherwise ...

Stonework disguise? Not such a bad idea after all ... Wink

There's no question he'll be meeting Gandalf AFTER the attack on Dol Guldur is resolved (we've seen them talking to each other in Vlog 13 - just before he hands over his staff, presumably).

I'm also intrigued by Gandalf's warning of "Do not come after me. Do I have your word?". Radagast's mumbled and doubtful 'Yes! Yes ... uhmmrr" further suggests that this is a character who'd do anything to help his wizard companion and that we may yet see him in action prior to the White Council's arrival.

In any case, I'm hoping the changes in shapes and hues does take place somehow ... even if it's a subtle nod towards it.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 22 2014, 6:07pm

Post #2 of 3 (337 views)
Shortcut
One Quick Thingie...Would LOVE to See him Transform [In reply to] Can't Post

INTO a Moth...

"This Theory" has been Un-Revealed?.?.?.? for
TOOOOOooo Long.

bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arandir
Gondor

Nov 23 2014, 8:28pm

Post #3 of 3 (117 views)
Shortcut
The Moth Theory! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course, I had forgotten about it!

Thanks for the reminder Bomby Wink

Some sort of reference to it would tie-in beautifully with the Orthanc scene in FoTR ...

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.