First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Nov 21 2014, 8:47pm

Post #51 of 221 (3831 views)
Shortcut
     Hey that's a cool edit(?) of 'father and son' [In reply to]  

Oh and that dog Heart don't you just love a sweet guy with his dog? Wink

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2014, 10:21pm

Post #52 of 221 (3847 views)
Shortcut
     I think it's from the BotFA preview in the DOS EE Appendices [In reply to]  

When TORn analyzed the preview that shot was one of the things that was mentioned and shown.

It's not just a random person's TV screen, though. It's one of those screens they keep on the actual movie set (I don't know what the technical name is) that PJ and the other crew members use to watch whatever footage they just filmed or are currently filming.

"There's distraction buzzing in my head,
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay.
But I've heard rumors, of true reality.
Whispers of a well-lit way.

When the world has fallen out from under me,
I'll be found in You, still standing.
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees,
When time and space are through.
I'll be found in You."
~Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2014, 10:29pm

Post #53 of 221 (3811 views)
Shortcut
     Really? [In reply to]  

Btw, until I read it somewhere recently, I hadn't realised that his breast plate was a depiction of a deer [elk?] skull.

I didn't know that either, but now that you say it, I can totally see it. It's...actually a little creepy.Crazy Yeah, I'm glad they went with the other armor too.

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2014, 10:50pm

Post #54 of 221 (3789 views)
Shortcut
     Think I'm caught up [In reply to]  

So, how caught up are you now?Smile

I think I've seen the majority of the previous TA pretty! now. There certainly was a lot of it!Cool

It was much welcomed because I seem to have caught another cold and needed some pretty! to make me feel better. *cough* I love working with my church's first grade Sunday school class, but I sure wish the kids would learn to sneeze into their elbows instead of on me.Unimpressed

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2014, 11:03pm

Post #55 of 221 (3818 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* [In reply to]  

That's a good one! *saves pic* Thanks for posting mariel!

I'll be found in You."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Nov 22 2014, 1:34am

Post #56 of 221 (3813 views)
Shortcut
     I wholeheartedly agree with all your comments... [In reply to]  

But this point in particular bothers me more than the rest:

That's not the only niggle I have with the way the film makers have depicted Thranduil's character. He is of Sindarin origin and he and his father, along with a handful of other Sindarin Elves had come among the Sylvan Elves as they wanted to become Sylvan folk and return to the simple life natural to the Elves before the Valar had disturbed it. They deliberately merged with them, adopting their language etc. It does not say or imply that they still held themselves in any way superior to their adopted people. So the scene where Thranduil states he would not consider his son pledging himself to "a lowly Sylvan Elf" really grates with me. It depicts him as a racist snob when as far as I can see there is no evidence for this at all.

Most of the Tauriel-Thranduil-Legolas dynamic has been bothering me...

(Related-but-Not: Do you all remember the film-makers telling us that DoS would be all about Fathers and Sons? And not only did we not get the Thranduil-Legolas deleted scenes we wanted from the DoS EE, we instead got a fairly meaningful Thrain-Thorin deleted scene ("Tell my son I love him"). Were the Dwarves the only characters they were talking about when that comment were made?)

Why would Thranduil trust Tauriel with the protection of his entire realm, but not with his son's affection? And though she calls herself a "lowly Sylvan elf," she doesn't seem to expect the smack-down that Thranduil delivers. (The only other Sylvan (?) elf to comment on his opinions or state of mind is the Keeper of the Keys, who calls him "Ill-tempered." Something LP seems to agree with, as he calls his character a "grumpy old man.") I wonder if Thranduil is willfully playing on Tauriel's insecurities to get her to do what he wants. She has (apparently) been a faithful and obedient Captain for him. If he can get her to keep Legolas at arms length, he won't have to deal with being replaced by Tauriel in his son's heart, without being the Bad Guy in the situation. And Legolas will never know.

Yeah, I think Thranduil is a bit messed up over the loss of his wife (in the movie!verse). He is ill-tempered, but not (I hope) a racist. And, there's the outside chance that his obsession with those jewels (as a link to her) has crowded out the attention he should be paying to his real link to her (Legolas). I can't help but think that what's really pissing Thranduil off in that split-second confrontation with Tauriel (in the trailer) is that she has somehow come between him and Legolas - that Legolas is siding with her.

I'm probably wrong in all of that, but right now it's making me feel better. Smile

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Nov 22 2014, 1:51am

Post #57 of 221 (3797 views)
Shortcut
     Wow, I hand no idea about the skull either... [In reply to]  

Even so, this is still such a Party/Parade look to me (the skull just makes it a Day of the Dead party). I'm going to continue imagining him strutting around at various Festivals of Starlight in it. Tongue

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Nov 22 2014, 2:18am

Post #58 of 221 (3809 views)
Shortcut
     lol! But the joy of a fandom fantasy life is I CAN HAVE BOTH... [In reply to]  

The baby!Legolas pic is hilarious. Laugh

And, yeah, I think if I had to choose, I'd hang out with Lee before I'd hang out with Orlando. Personality types make a big difference. Evil

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Nov 22 2014, 2:54am

Post #59 of 221 (3805 views)
Shortcut
     Somehow... [In reply to]  

He looks like a particularly Cheery Slytherin House instructor. Tongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:29am

Post #60 of 221 (3771 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

There was another GiF version that showed that slow turn of Thranduil so much more glamourously well, but I lost the linkFrownCrazy

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:30am

Post #61 of 221 (3787 views)
Shortcut
     Me too [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I'm glad they went with the other version

Just too "parteh!", this oneCrazy

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 22 2014, 4:31am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:33am

Post #62 of 221 (3771 views)
Shortcut
     *LoL* right? I was just saying the same to mariel [In reply to]  

I think the Dwarves would be even more grumpy than they already were if Thranduil strutted around in this outfit on his state visits.Tongue

I keep expecting a DJ turntable lab to be put in front of him.

Thankfully, they switched it out. He still looks totally maxed out MFE though Heart especially with the marvellous fan edits.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 22 2014, 4:37am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:38am

Post #63 of 221 (3795 views)
Shortcut
     Another one [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:41am

Post #64 of 221 (3760 views)
Shortcut
     Of course! [In reply to]  

Hmm... there's a series of LP and his dog on the beach that was really cute too.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:43am

Post #65 of 221 (3771 views)
Shortcut
     Ditto! And another *awww*Thranddy and baby Leggy fan art [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I think if I had to choose, I'd hang out with Lee before I'd hang out with Orlando. Personality types make a big difference. Evil

Me too!SmileBlush

In Reply To
The baby!Legolas pic is hilarious. Laugh

Right? And it's pretty good edit tooHeart For balance Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:44am

Post #66 of 221 (3794 views)
Shortcut
     HAHA [In reply to]  

I should be so luckySmile My luck is not the greatest Evil

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 22 2014, 4:45am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:48am

Post #67 of 221 (3804 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, it grates, re the father-son moments [In reply to]  

In Reply To
(Related-but-Not: Do you all remember the film-makers telling us that DoS would be all about Fathers and Sons? And not only did we not get the Thranduil-Legolas deleted scenes we wanted from the DoS EE, we instead got a fairly meaningful Thrain-Thorin deleted scene ("Tell my son I love him"). Were the Dwarves the only characters they were talking about when that comment were made?)

I think even the cast, even OB and LP if memory serves, mentioned the theme of father and son moments. So it was not meant to be limited to Dwarves, in my mind. I was so looking forward to that, and all we got is that one scene which is essentially a moment-by-proxy, thanks to Ganddy.

I'm probably wrong in all of that, but right now it's making me feel better. Smile

Makes more sense than what is on the table so farSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:51am

Post #68 of 221 (3815 views)
Shortcut
     Of course~ [In reply to]  

Thranduil is the Elvenking! And his wish is every Thrall's command, is it not?AngelicTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:54am

Post #69 of 221 (3761 views)
Shortcut
     Yay and "Oh dear" [In reply to]  

I think I've seen the majority of the previous TA pretty! now. There certainly was a lot of it!Cool

Welcome back to the presentSmile There was a LOT of great new Pretty! wasn't there? and mariel's gotten us some really thudderous ones. Can't wait for more but at the same time, I can't imagine when the PR machine really kicks into gear.HeartAngelicCrazyShocked

In Reply To
It was much welcomed because I seem to have caught another cold and needed some pretty! to make me feel better. *cough* I love working with my church's first grade Sunday school class, but I sure wish the kids would learn to sneeze into their elbows instead of on me.Unimpressed

Awww... feel better soon! And you know TA's here for youSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 4:55am

Post #70 of 221 (3767 views)
Shortcut
     *LOL* [In reply to]  

Cheery and Thranduil just seem like a paradox of reality I'm still processing the combinationLaughTongue

But he looks so becoming in blackHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 22 2014, 4:56am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 5:03am

Post #71 of 221 (3772 views)
Shortcut
     LOVELY! And two more [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 5:05am

Post #72 of 221 (3781 views)
Shortcut
     LOVES!!! It's wallpaper size too (and one for Ronan fans) [In reply to]  

My new desktop background!Heart Thanks!

Here's one for the Ronan fans

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 5:10am

Post #73 of 221 (3781 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum: Thranduil owning it [In reply to]  

(Giffy galore)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 5:19am

Post #74 of 221 (3783 views)
Shortcut
     Fan art of Thranduil and wifey and a potential HTR [In reply to]  

Ghost?

With Baby Leggy

Snog!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 22 2014, 5:26am

Post #75 of 221 (3774 views)
Shortcut
     LOL and PieKing! And some scruffy LP [In reply to]  

For relevance, even though there is still scruffy disagreeabilityTongue

Since we're on the subject of scruffy, might as well throw in this. LP in his new role in Prisoner of War.

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.