Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Are we sure that these speculations are true?

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 1:53pm

Post #1 of 23 (2222 views)
Shortcut
     Are we sure that these speculations are true?  

The ones that given in the down threads? I can't possibly imagine "Leave Sauron to me." is the last of Dol Guldur...

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 19 2014, 2:01pm

Post #2 of 23 (1105 views)
Shortcut
     Of course not! [In reply to]  

Life is full of uncertainty; try to enjoy the ride. Smile

That said, for a variety of reasons, they are much more likely to be real than the ones from 4chan that appeared the day before. But even if frodo really has seen the film and really is reporting what he saw, a lot of it remains his opinion and interpretation.

(This post was edited by dave_lf on Nov 19 2014, 2:04pm)

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 2:05pm

Post #3 of 23 (988 views)
Shortcut
     neither i can [In reply to]  

Everything else sounds plausible.

What i actually think how it will play out:

"leave Sauron to me" is spoken when they watch Sauron already fleeing.
So the shot of him at the staircase from the trailer is BEFORE Sarumans line! And not after,like the trailer suggests. Thats the only way i can imagine it to happen.

(This post was edited by NoelGallagher on Nov 19 2014, 2:07pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 2:06pm

Post #4 of 23 (1000 views)
Shortcut
     We already do have two threads. [In reply to]  

We should keep the discussion there .

No one knows for certain, but the user gave correct information on AuJ via messages back in 2012.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 19 2014, 3:28pm

Post #5 of 23 (832 views)
Shortcut
     Just Ignore them and wait for the film [In reply to]  

Better still, don't even read them.

The way I look at it is that while I enjoy the 'official' spoilers - trailer and TV spots, tie-in books, soundtrack previews and so on, the 'revelations' of an unknown forum poster, here or elsewhere, are worse to me than useless.

Suppose he/she really HAS seen a version of the film - and I've no way of knowing that. Was it the final version? How good is his/her memory of the details? Would I agree with his/her assessment of what was seen? (This seems extremely unlikely as we all have such different views of the films we've seen already - why should this one be any different?)

Another consideration, for me at least, is that if this person is telling the truth about seeing the film then he/she almost certainly shouldn't be talking about it. If they were among the winners of the fan event, or if they've seen the film in a work context, they will almost certainly have agreed not to talk about it - or at least, not before a certain date. So in that case they shouldn't be talking about it at all - and by reading what they say or asking them questions I'd only be encouraging them.

Of course I'm curious, we all are, but there's only a few weeks to go and why would anyone want to spend them mithering about things which might not even be true? I've waited a long time for this film and when I see it for the first time I want to see it fresh, with my own eyes, not someone else's.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 19 2014, 4:02pm

Post #6 of 23 (823 views)
Shortcut
     It's on the internet. [In reply to]  

It must be true!

"Kai provseisi, kai avpeisi."
("There and back again.")
-Heraclitus of Ephesus, c. 500 BC

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 4:03pm

Post #7 of 23 (846 views)
Shortcut
     Frodo gave responses prior to AUJ's release via private messaging that were all accurate [In reply to]  

adt100
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 4:06pm

Post #8 of 23 (740 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed! I'm trying not to spoil myself in the same was as I was for ROTK // [In reply to]  

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 19 2014, 4:13pm

Post #9 of 23 (857 views)
Shortcut
     No [In reply to]  

Just because he saw AUJ early two years ago doesn't mean he saw this movie early too. He could be telling the truth, but no, there's no guarantee.

Name
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 4:32pm

Post #10 of 23 (745 views)
Shortcut
     No [In reply to]  

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Smaug Report
Bree

Nov 19 2014, 4:32pm

Post #11 of 23 (758 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed [In reply to]  

I suspect, with no offense intended, a great deal of people don't quite understand how the industry works.

There aren't 300 pre-release screenings of a movie like this. This movie is being screened for PJ, his small inner circle (principal actors, Fran, Boyens, Jabez) and his FX crew as they finish shots, the Sound FX team, and a small group of WB execs.

They don't do test screenings, and there has only been the fan screening outside of the tightly controlled inner circle, and they all signed confidentiality agreements.

If you (the masses) think that any of these fans are going to get sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars for talking on a message board and anonymous 3 minute fanboy fame, you're off base, nor is anyone in PJ's circle going to run their mouth here, nor is a WB employee going to come in here and say their own film is rushed.

There is an old saying-

Those who know, don't talk, and those that talk, don't know.

In other words, anyone legit connected to the film isn't going to come here and talk about a film that won't even be completed until around November 26-27th in terms of final duping and so forth.

Anyone claiming to have seen this outside of the two groups or PJ and the fan screenings is either lying or violating a confidentiality agreement IMHO.

Source? I have worked in the industry.

I will show you revenge...

(This post was edited by Smaug Report on Nov 19 2014, 4:34pm)

adt100
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 4:39pm

Post #12 of 23 (698 views)
Shortcut
     Very well put. // [In reply to]  

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:47pm

Post #13 of 23 (759 views)
Shortcut
     Very likely, yes [In reply to]  

I'm a cynic when it comes to these kind of things, but this one has the ring of truth. First of all the kind of things revealed are not the kinds of things that likely would be made up. Secondly, enough people have confirmed that he provided accurate information about AUJ via PM to supplement what he said. Thirdly, if you search through the short history of his posting, it has not hard to figure out how and why he would have seen an early version of the film.
As to whether he really should be revealing all of this information at this stage, that is another question altogether. But for myself, I also like to be spoiled, so I don't mind. And most of things that people are so upset about don't bother me at all, and I actually really like the one thing that seems to have people most upset (Dol Guldur allegedly ending with Saruman's line "leave Sauron to me"), so I am not upset at all.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 5:00pm

Post #14 of 23 (734 views)
Shortcut
     Oh dear [In reply to]  

This is a general comment not directed to anyone specifically.

People should stop telling others by what to get upset about, what they speculate about and whatnot.

Why some make it such a crusade to prove that this is or isn't a legit source... Who cares. It is the typical discussion this close to release. People will still judge the final outcome no matter what they discuss now.

Or do people think that others are so feeble that they need to be told what they can't and an take seriously or what they speculate about?! Especially when one then uses the same reasonings and "credentials" that are not believed others do have.

It is simply speculating, in some cases maybe panicking. But people don't decide on their verdict, yet. So I wonder who are actually those panicking. It is kind of hilarious to watch.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Imladris18
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 5:05pm

Post #15 of 23 (742 views)
Shortcut
     His post history also raises some flags for me. [In reply to]  

Yes, it *could* answer some questions, but it's suspect to me that he just happened to pop on here right before AUJ and now BotFA, and has not posted in any other time frame.

If he is an "artist" who "worked on D-Box," that seems awfully self-incriminating.

Tis best to take it with a grain of salt and move on.

(This post was edited by Imladris18 on Nov 19 2014, 5:06pm)

dubulous
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 5:12pm

Post #16 of 23 (639 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed [In reply to]  

Let's just all take this news with however big or small portion of salt we choose and do what we want with the information given. The spoilers could be true, they could be partly true (maybe the person has only seen a rough cut), or they could be entirely false. If some people are upset because they don't like something they read and there's even a small chance it might be true, then surely it's acceptable to be disppointed, or prepare for disappointment. If it does turn out to be true, it might be a good thing to be forewarned and have one's expectations lowered in advance rather than get all hopes crushed while actually watching the movie. Or maybe the information is not correct at all and the movie exceeds expectations.

adt100
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 5:14pm

Post #17 of 23 (680 views)
Shortcut
     Don't Panic!!! [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by adt100 on Nov 19 2014, 5:16pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 5:19pm

Post #18 of 23 (625 views)
Shortcut
     We should all put this as our profile picture ;) [In reply to]  

Tongue

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 5:22pm

Post #19 of 23 (594 views)
Shortcut
     That would be funny. [In reply to]  

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 5:24pm

Post #20 of 23 (646 views)
Shortcut
     Just waiting for him to answer my question. [In reply to]  

If I get a answer that corresponds to what I know then I'll at least know he's legit (or a terrific guesser).

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 19 2014, 5:24pm

Post #21 of 23 (612 views)
Shortcut
     But... but..... [In reply to]  

Aren't you just doing the same thing yourself, in telling people what they should stop telling other people?

Thing is, the spoiler (or not) threads exist and people will read them (or not) depending on whether they want to (or not). Ain't nobody going to change anyone else's mind. But when someone asks if said threads are legitimate, the question is open to answer in whatever way anyone cares to do it. So Voronwe says he doesn't mind being spoiled so he reads them and is inclined to believe them. I say I don't read them because whether they're true or not, I don't want to go into film for the first time with a head full of them (true or not). Someone else gives his reasons for believing and another for doubting. And the OP will find enlightenment - or not - and probably carry on doing whatever he or she was doing anyway. But it passes the time!

aifeme
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 5:27pm

Post #22 of 23 (693 views)
Shortcut
     If it's true, I'm done. [In reply to]  

From now on, I just want to watch some good battle scenes.

TORn lurker since 2002:]

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 19 2014, 5:32pm

Post #23 of 23 (632 views)
Shortcut
     ---> Please post in one of the existing thread below. Thanks! // [In reply to]  

Thanks! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.