BOFA Spoiler Questions Requested - Answers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

boldog
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 8:19am

Post #26 of 155 (1982 views)
Shortcut
ok This is hard for me to do [In reply to] Can't Post

but im leaving these boards as of now to avoid spoilers. This is too much at once! see y'all in a month Wink

Azog and Bolg. That is all I can say.............

tattooed_dwarf
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 8:19am

Post #27 of 155 (1990 views)
Shortcut
I hate if Dain is like that [In reply to] Can't Post

For Some reason Dain was one character I was really waiting for since movies were announced. And since there was going to be 3 movies, I was very hopeful they would extend Dain as character. But if he really is just another comedy dwarf (like we don't have enough of those already...) I will be disappointed. It would have been good situation Peter to include one wise and noble dwarf to these movies. But I do remain hopeful till movie comes out.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 8:25am

Post #28 of 155 (1915 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

We've been watching Bilbo's recollection of the tale. Hence, my original assumption about how the ending might play out. This is also something I've used in discussions when certain folks say this or that is so 'over the top'.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Nov 19 2014, 8:35am)

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 8:32am

Post #29 of 155 (1898 views)
Shortcut
haha good point! [In reply to] Can't Post

I stand corrected. Blush

Still, I always liked the idea of it ending in Rivendell if we had to have the frame story.

I mean Bilbo could be "reminiscing over" what Gandalf and others have told him right? Right? Crazy

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 9:18am

Post #30 of 155 (1952 views)
Shortcut
this is depressing [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially the parts about Dain and what heu said in the other thread sbout dol guldur...

Hopefully the EE will fix it.... again!

I believe he is no troll... sounds exactly like PJ made it sound like.. a Thriller. .far too short. I guess the 142 min including credits are legit then.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 9:43am

Post #31 of 155 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Need more of Beorn than there was in DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a wonderful (and important) character, and well developed visually in DoS (especially great in EE).

I hope there is going to be a lot more of him in the next film than there was in DoS.Crazy

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 9:58am

Post #32 of 155 (1953 views)
Shortcut
Hold up [In reply to] Can't Post

In the other thread you said that the cinematic deaths DO play out in the way that they transpire in the novel.

Exhibit A: http://newboards.theonering.net/...b=post_time;so=DESC;

Yes the deaths match the book!

If that's the case then wouldn't that mean Bolg slays Fili and Kili and mortally wounds Thorin; Beorn savagely mauls Bolg to death; and if you're also taking general canon into account, then we should see Dáin finish off Azog as well.

But that's not what is indicated in this thread. The tidbits in your OP that are related to 'deaths' are contradictory to what you had previously stated. Here, you tell us that Azog kills Kili and Fili and that neither Dáin nor Beorn are involved in the deaths of our two primary antagonists.

So, as you can see, I'm just a little confused. Would you care to provide clarification? Perhaps we'll be able to chalk it up to misinterpretation.Evil

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Nov 19 2014, 10:03am)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 10:00am

Post #33 of 155 (1857 views)
Shortcut
Deleted my earlier response here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Asked by my source who first was fine with it but decided against it now.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 10:15am

Post #34 of 155 (1881 views)
Shortcut
I am a little bit proud... [In reply to] Can't Post

... to have predicted the final scene pretty closely ^^

All the other spoilers... Most of it not too happy about but people react very differently to this kind of stuff. Still very excited.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 10:38am

Post #35 of 155 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Blog [In reply to] Can't Post

slays Fili,Kili and Thorin? I think that might be a misremembering of the book.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 19 2014, 4:48pm)

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 10:43am

Post #36 of 155 (1745 views)
Shortcut
I think he just means that the people who die in the book die in the movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not necessarily the circumstances of their deaths.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 10:46am

Post #37 of 155 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Oops! [In reply to] Can't Post

My bad and my apologies to frodo284. Got really carried away there and ended up 'misremembering' big time.Crazy

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Nov 19 2014, 10:47am)

stn5
The Shire

Nov 19 2014, 10:49am

Post #38 of 155 (1793 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil? [In reply to] Can't Post

is thranduil redeem? 
is there line "long will i terry alas i began this war for gold" ? 
Is there any father-son moment between Thranduil & Legolas

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 11:04am

Post #39 of 155 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

I had considered that possibility. I just thought that it was a little suspicious since the poster that frodo284 had responded to had asked if the deaths 'play out' in the same way that they do in the novel. I'm still unsure about Beorn and Bolg's involvement. But now I'm thinking that 'play out' doesn't necessarily pertain to 'who offs who'.

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Nov 19 2014, 11:05am)

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 11:25am

Post #40 of 155 (1744 views)
Shortcut
Couple of questions I'd love to see answered [In reply to] Can't Post

Talk a little bit about Beorn:

1) How good does he look in bear form?
2) Does he appear in bear form as well as human form?
3) What does he get to do, since he does not get to kill Bolg? Is he given the chance to impress, and how much screentime does he get?

Eagles:

1) Do they differentiate between the various Eagles, is there one that you can see as the leader? How much screentime do they get? Do they speak, at any point?

Dol Guldur:

1) Do we see Gandalf fight, or is he already too wounded to do anything by the time the White Council arrives?
2) Is there a confrontation between Saruman and Sauron? Is it just talk or is there more to it as well, do they fight each other? If yes, how?
3) Does Sauron take shape, and if yes, how? Does he seem to have more of a physical body in this film?
4) Does Galadriel face off with Sauron as well? Is this before Saruman arrives? Does she use the phial, or how do we see that she has special abilities?
5) What about Elrond?
6) What role does Radagast have in this film?
7) Doe the Three Rings play a role in this film, are they shown, are they relevant?

Azog and Bolg:

1) Does Azog die by wounds incurred by Thorin in the final fight? It seems like he is very impressive in this film, is that correct?
2) What happens to Bolg in this film? Does he fight both Tauriel and Legolas?
3) How good are the animals, like the rams and war pigs?
4) What did you think of the battle trolls?

Thranduil:

1) What does he do in terms of combat? Do we see him in action on his war moose? Is he as impressive as we are told?
2) What else stands out about him in this film?

Arkenstone:

1) Do we get a good look at the Arkenstone in this film?

Smaug:

1) Does Smaug land in Lake-Town? Do we see his magnificent form upclose? Or are there only shots of him in the air?
How long is he in this film? Just the first 10 minutes?

What were the best scenes for you in this film?

How much is there of the return journey? Does Gandalf journey back with Bilbo?
Do we spend some time with Bilbo once he gets back to the Shire, or is this very brief?

(This post was edited by Mithfânion on Nov 19 2014, 11:32am)

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 11:25am

Post #41 of 155 (1709 views)
Shortcut
No worries but it is interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm always fascinated by the idea that people feel it is very important that something play out a certain way but also misremember it. It doesn't quite add up to me.

So, for example, would you prefer that Bolg had been the killer or unnamed goblins?

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 11:26am

Post #42 of 155 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Sigh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a lot of loose ends that need tieing up. Fingers crossed the EE fixes most of these issues!

Thrain II
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 11:30am

Post #43 of 155 (1646 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, [In reply to] Can't Post

I meant who kills who, but we obviously misunderstood each other Smile

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 12:04pm

Post #44 of 155 (1638 views)
Shortcut
My preference [In reply to] Can't Post

I would prefer that an infamous and menacing orc/goblin like Bolg would be the 'killer' instead of some unnamed goblins. I would like the leader of the goblins (the commander) to have had all that blood on his hands. I would want 'the spawn of Azog' to be the one to take out three of Durin's sons in one go. And my reason is pretty simple (one might even say 'lame'): to build the notorious orc/goblin up a little more by tacking on some memorable battlefield exploits to his belt so that when he is brought down it is much more notable.

Anyway, I googled and checked the wiki/gateway and I'm still a little unsure. You have a better memory than I do and I'm sure you're steeped in Middle-earth lore so I was hoping that you could make things clear and set the record straight. Is Bolg the one who mortally wounds Thorin? And are Bolg's bodyguards the ones who slaughter Fili and Kili?

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Nov 19 2014, 12:18pm)

Nerven
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 1:03pm

Post #45 of 155 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Does Galadriel really "kick Saurons ass a bit" as it was announched or does Saruman "defeat" him? What´s that with Galadriel lying behind Elrond? Why does she speak the dark language?
Really would love to see the answers.

(This post was edited by Nerven on Nov 19 2014, 1:04pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 1:04pm

Post #46 of 155 (1690 views)
Shortcut
I come to you at the turn of the tide... [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldnt avoid this forums, and I spoiled myself reading this and the other leak that came out days ago...

I think the OP is lying, or at least suspect it. Because of the lack of details. Praps this is a marketing strategy, or at least we came to know some brief info abut an unfinished cut that could change a lot.

I mean, no one remembers exactuly the lenght, a lot more scenes could being added. Or not...

But, if I would have a poster of The One Ring, one who enjoys with others being here, I would make a straight descrpition of every single detail of the movie, not just say that in a couple of weeks will be an early review. What is that??

Go forward frodo284. Straight and true or I will think that you are looking for attemption of anyone here towards you.

OK this is expecting people to act like I expect, and thats never fair, but some things in your behaviur make me think you are not telling us the truth

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 1:09pm

Post #47 of 155 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Glad that Alfrid finally plays some useful role [In reply to] Can't Post

as I said in some of my posts that he would...!
A tiny bit of proud satisfaction for me! Angelic
All this IF these spoilers arefor REAL...!
Let's see...Wink

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

(This post was edited by mae govannen on Nov 19 2014, 1:12pm)

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 1:15pm

Post #48 of 155 (1592 views)
Shortcut
So much THIS! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I couldnt avoid this forums, and I spoiled myself reading this and the other leak that came out days ago...

I think the OP is lying, or at least suspect it. Because of the lack of details. Praps this is a marketing strategy, or at least we came to know some brief info abut an unfinished cut that could change a lot.

I mean, no one remembers exactuly the lenght, a lot more scenes could being added. Or not...

But, if I would have a poster of The One Ring, one who enjoys with others being here, I would make a straight descrpition of every single detail of the movie, not just say that in a couple of weeks will be an early review. What is that??

Go forward frodo284. Straight and true or I will think that you are looking for attemption of anyone here towards you.

OK this is expecting people to act like I expect, and thats never fair, but some things in your behaviur make me think you are not telling us the truth

The lack of Details is the most obvious.

Annatar598
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 1:19pm

Post #49 of 155 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. There's nothing too new here [In reply to] Can't Post

The SAME thing has happened each year with these movies.

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 1:21pm

Post #50 of 155 (1575 views)
Shortcut
He had seen AuJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... And answered messages accurately back in 2012.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.