Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Nov 18 2014, 3:53pm

Post #151 of 208 (13817 views)
Shortcut
     Makes sense [In reply to]  

Yes, I think I read 48kb is the maximum size. I uploaded the pic via attachment, then the little picture square, inline image and chose the image I uploaded. Oh, I thought that [paperclip button] was to link the pic you uploaded to the original source, but I guess I confused that with a kind of similar looking button on Tumblr.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Nov 18 2014, 4:17pm

Post #152 of 208 (13816 views)
Shortcut
     Awesome! [In reply to]  

That's a reat guide, thanks. :) I'm using Firefox too, so this should work fine, then.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

Kerewyn
Rohan

Nov 18 2014, 8:59pm

Post #153 of 208 (13775 views)
Shortcut
     In those smiley Thranduil pics... [In reply to]  

...observing admiringly how his hair falls straight down around his collar like the strands of a waterfall.

(I spent hours - well, hour - staring at Victoria Falls recently)

WinkCool

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

Kerewyn
Rohan

Nov 18 2014, 9:02pm

Post #154 of 208 (13803 views)
Shortcut
     Nice avies, mariel and On the Party Elk [In reply to]  

Heart

Yeah, I've found pic posting doesn't work in Chrome. That's why I don't post pics much - when I do, I'm having to host them first at Photobucket, which is a tiresome extra step. I need to get Firefox happening (but had an issue last time I tried to obtain it as a browser. Have to wait til tecchie friend comes over...)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Nov 18 2014, 9:13pm

Post #155 of 208 (13801 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah he didn't really pull out all stops, did he [In reply to]  

Perhaps the costume was just too heavy!

Re the Ronan's back gif... love the caption on the tumblr: "Dear diary. Today I used my time productively and wisely".

I can relate to that. I keeping getting up early to get some essential personal emails and admin done before going to work, yet I constantly find myself at TA instead, admiring pretty. (definitely more enjoyable) Wink

Kerewyn
Rohan

Nov 18 2014, 9:17pm

Post #156 of 208 (13772 views)
Shortcut
     Jewels or necklace? [In reply to]  

In the Prologue, when we saw them briefly lying in the casket... although there was an entire bed of jewels there, I thought I could see a pattern of them on the top, arranged as a necklace might be. I'd like to see Thranduil open the lid and pull out a long silver thread with the gems placed along it. And the look on his face, and the starlight in his eyes... Heart

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 18 2014, 9:27pm

Post #157 of 208 (13773 views)
Shortcut
     Really late responses to TAXXIII [In reply to]  

Well, that algebra certainly took long enough.Unimpressed We're only about 50 posts away from THIS thread being finished!Shocked

Here are my responses to a few things in TAXXIII

Lurker’s *HEH* Snertles and Silm:
Re did I know about the TORn LotR readalong/discussion starting the 1st weekend of December:

No, I didn’t know about that. Now that I know, I’ll have to keep my eye on it and hopefully get some time to participate.Smile

Lurker’s I’m with you on marathons but I would marathon TH
Re your question about if my dad liked the Elf action at Helm’s Deep:
Well, he actually hadn’t really sat down and watched TTT until after he saw DOS. I’m not sure he even realized the elves were part of Helms Deep before then. He isn’t a big movie watcher to begin with, and works on stuff on the computer a lot, so I think he wasn’t paying much attention the other times I had watched TTT. When he did sit down and actually watch TTT with a couple months ago, I think he enjoyed the action-y quality of Helms Deep, but still I don’t think the elves fighting in that battle stood out to him quite as much as the ones in the smaller-scale fights of DOS.

Stn5’s Legolas & his Mithril shirt
Hadn’t seen that pic before. I always wondered if the mithril shirt was a whole separate thing or a panel like that. Now I know. Smile

And finally…
Lurker’s addendum about Thranduil not wearing a mithril shirt
Thranduil has no mithril shirt. Thranduil needs no mithril shirt. Wink

"There's distraction buzzing in my head,
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay.
But I've heard rumors, of true reality.
Whispers of a well-lit way.

When the world has fallen out from under me,
I'll be found in You, still standing.
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees,
When time and space are through.
I'll be found in You."
~Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 18 2014, 10:30pm

Post #158 of 208 (13767 views)
Shortcut
     I'll marathon AUJ and DOS at home [In reply to]  

I have AUJ and DOS on DVD so I'll just watch them here in the comfort of home, at my own leisure before I go see BotFA. If I have the DOS EE by then I'll watch both EEs but if not, I'll watch the AUJ EE and the regular DOS. I may even watch them while wearing my One Ring and elf ear cuffs!Wink

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 18 2014, 11:59pm

Post #159 of 208 (13762 views)
Shortcut
     It sure looked heavy [In reply to]  

Perhaps the costume was just too heavy!

The hammer looked really heavy too! I guess it would be hard to walk, much less dance with all of that stuff. I'm sure he gave it his best shot though, and it was still LOL funny!Laugh

I'll be found in You."

VValar
Gondor

Nov 19 2014, 12:28am

Post #160 of 208 (13744 views)
Shortcut
     Lovely fanart I needed to share [In reply to]  

Before bedtime Wink
I was all set to go to bed but decided to do one quick scan on tumblr. Bad choice since I saw so much new Pretty! that needed to be shared. My bed has to wait for a couple of more minutes Smile

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

They're clicky's too Smile

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 19 2014, 12:54am

Post #161 of 208 (13754 views)
Shortcut
     Ok it only just now sunk into my mind [In reply to]  

RE the BUTT image (second one, better view ----> here <-----)
Hellooooooooooow SmileSmileShocked
Thanks Lurker HeartEvil

In Reply To

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

(This post was edited by VValar on Nov 19 2014, 12:56am)

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 3:10am

Post #162 of 208 (13730 views)
Shortcut
     One for the sweet dreams [In reply to]  

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:18am

Post #163 of 208 (13715 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you! We likes it a lot too =) [In reply to]  

Took some doing, but I made my GIMP heel, for a little, just enough to get it rightCrazyEvil

In Reply To
Well after BOFA is out we will need at least another 6 months to marvel at the gorgeousness we have witnessed and discuss every single line and asskicking action our Elven King has displayed. After that the EE's will be well on their way so I think we're good for some time SmileSmile

You're right! Thanks for making me seeCool

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXIV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:19am

Post #164 of 208 (13731 views)
Shortcut
     I'll do that too! [In reply to]  

But I really really want to experience the big-screen Thranduil MFE one last timeHeart

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:21am

Post #165 of 208 (13735 views)
Shortcut
     *snerkles* and thanks to talented fans, we have the GIFs [In reply to]  

to enhance our pleasure of marvelling at the glory of Thranduil's trips too.Laugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:22am

Post #166 of 208 (13709 views)
Shortcut
     Right you are! [In reply to]  

But you shouldn't underestimate the importance of finding the perfect OP of our new TA thread Heart

Mustn't forget the important stuffSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:23am

Post #167 of 208 (13700 views)
Shortcut
     Oooh! [In reply to]  

Could you share the source edit? I'm... *ahem* a collectorEvilBlush

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:25am

Post #168 of 208 (13721 views)
Shortcut
     Yup! I think there's a large res image of the box's contents [In reply to]  

in one of the first threads, and definitely there's a fabulous necklace atop the gem jumble in that container.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:28am

Post #169 of 208 (13709 views)
Shortcut
     what a pretty imagery [In reply to]  

it's even better in GiFHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:29am

Post #170 of 208 (13712 views)
Shortcut
     Nice avie, mariel [In reply to]  

Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:31am

Post #171 of 208 (13727 views)
Shortcut
     I agree... but it is certainly honest LoL-worthy effort [In reply to]  

hmmm... imagine if LP is offered the role of a dancer. now that'll be some prep Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:36am

Post #172 of 208 (13714 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* oooh, LOVELY! [In reply to]  

Especially that last one. LASHES to die for!Heart

Psst Lurker - still waiting for your versionLaugh

hee... still not feeling it enough to try an edit... yetEvil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:41am

Post #173 of 208 (13705 views)
Shortcut
     Pretty! fan edit... [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:46am

Post #174 of 208 (13758 views)
Shortcut
     *SERIOUS SNERKLE* T&T Scene LOL: Top Twelve Reasons Thranduil Imprisons The Dwarves [In reply to]  

I had a grand old chortle of a time with these strips (gentle reminder to scroll please, there are really 12 tumblr posts of this goodie Cool):

Top Twelve Reasons Thranduil Imprisons The Dwarves [screen-drinkspew and some language warning, y'all]

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 19 2014, 4:54am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:48am

Post #175 of 208 (13704 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for responding and LoL! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Thranduil has no mithril shirt. Thranduil needs no mithril shirt. Wink

Right on!CoolAngelicHeart

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.