Hobbit trilogy tickets
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Nov 14 2014, 3:14pm

Post #1 of 32 (972 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit trilogy tickets Can't Post

Has anyone been able to buy these yet? Per article it says they will be for December 15 ( in the US)
I haven't been able to find them but I did find tickets to BOFA for December 16 at 7pm!? That's a day early for official release and a day late for trilogy but it is at the correct time for trilogy? Crazy

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 14 2014, 3:17pm

Post #2 of 32 (628 views)
Shortcut
Regal Cinemas did one ...Call them.// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2014, 3:21pm

Post #3 of 32 (622 views)
Shortcut
I can't find any presale tickets yet in my area [In reply to] Can't Post

there are no trilogy tickets at regal in my area nor is there even a midnight showing at this point. :(

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Imladris18
Lorien

Nov 14 2014, 3:27pm

Post #4 of 32 (609 views)
Shortcut
TORN FB says tickets go on sale at noon EST. [In reply to] Can't Post

nusilver
Rohan

Nov 14 2014, 3:27pm

Post #5 of 32 (609 views)
Shortcut
9AM PST. [In reply to] Can't Post

They'll be on sale in about 95 minutes. Search Fandango for Hobbit Marathon and you'll find it. :)

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Nov 14 2014, 3:34pm

Post #6 of 32 (592 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! Guess I am too early! LOL! I was somewhat confused I could find other tickets on sale now. Thought they would all go up at the same time!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

nusilver
Rohan

Nov 14 2014, 3:42pm

Post #7 of 32 (586 views)
Shortcut
indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

i would've preferred 9AM EST but I guess that wouldn't be fair for my fellow West Coast natives :-)

Good news is, I just discovered the theater I'm going to has reserved seating, so as long as I get my tix immediately, I'll have great seats and won't have to show up 90 minutes early, which is a plus when you're traveling with kids.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Nov 14 2014, 3:48pm

Post #8 of 32 (586 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Good news for you!
I went last year to the double showing and had no issue with seats! I think there were only 10 of us in all?
This year I am going to take my son who is almost 7. He is SOOO excited! I am hoping it will be at the same theater that had the double showing last year. It had a wine bar, full restaurant, gourmet coffee ...a good place to spend the day watching movies! Wink

celboy
The Shire

Nov 14 2014, 4:05pm

Post #9 of 32 (588 views)
Shortcut
movie-tickets.com has them available now--fandango you have to wait [In reply to] Can't Post

been going back and forth all morning

got my tix for NYC

celboy

"I'm a libra. What sign are you?"--Dwan KK76

(This post was edited by celboy on Nov 14 2014, 4:06pm)

nusilver
Rohan

Nov 14 2014, 4:16pm

Post #10 of 32 (571 views)
Shortcut
wow, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you the person who bought 4 seats at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square IMAX? Near the back row? I bought our five one or two rows ahead of you, if so. Right in the middle! Love it.

celboy
The Shire

Nov 14 2014, 4:24pm

Post #11 of 32 (562 views)
Shortcut
yeah.. [In reply to] Can't Post

but i think now its not HFR….the next day show is HFR..but the marathon isn't…so that leads me to the projector can do it …but is there space on their server for all 3 movies in HFR….I'll try and contact theater

celboy

nusilver
Rohan

Nov 14 2014, 4:53pm

Post #12 of 32 (549 views)
Shortcut
hmm. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I'm trying to remember if DOS was HFR last year -- I saw a pre-release screening at that theater, but just don't remember because I saw the film a good 2-3 times before it was released. I'll also be seeing BOTFA probably a week or so before because of press screenings (am reviewing the film for a client, but in only 400 words... hmmph!), but if I remember correctly, last year's press screenings were only 24 FPS. I don't mind, either way. I will see it again in HFR if neither of my first two times are. Thanks for checking with them, though! I assume there will be 30 minute breaks between films, so I'm guessing that's JUST enough time to switch out the films.

And seriously, again, thanks for the heads up about movietickets.com. I've been stressing because I have meetings with clients starting just after noon today, but also had to move the car because it's alternate side parking day... so that took a serious load off me. THANK YOU!

(This post was edited by nusilver on Nov 14 2014, 4:55pm)

Shagrat
Gondor

Nov 14 2014, 5:00pm

Post #13 of 32 (548 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone who booked with Movietickets.com [In reply to] Can't Post

Got their free track yet? Very interested to know what it is.

celboy
The Shire

Nov 14 2014, 5:03pm

Post #14 of 32 (534 views)
Shortcut
you're welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they hopefully recently upgraded the projector to do HFR because the theater hasn't been able to before.

rumor is next year they will upgrade the light source to laser which will result in brighter images.

I did the LOTR marathon and that was crazy getting fix for that too back then but that was another theater.

celboy

nusilver
Rohan

Nov 14 2014, 5:12pm

Post #15 of 32 (522 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was crazy in 2003... and back then, I was living in Sacramento :-)

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Nov 14 2014, 5:25pm

Post #16 of 32 (525 views)
Shortcut
Haven't booked with them but saw this one their site [In reply to] Can't Post

Buy tickets for any 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' show time now until January 5 and receive a FREE download of the track “Ironfoot” by Howard Shore from "The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack"!

Ironfoot it is!

MEIGWIT
Bree

Nov 14 2014, 5:59pm

Post #17 of 32 (503 views)
Shortcut
You may have to go to the theatre [In reply to] Can't Post

The best Theatre in my area are Warren Theatres. They are doing a trilogy showing but you can only get them if you go to the theatre itself. I got mine right at 11:00(CST). There is no online option at movietickets.com for the trilogy which is weird. It offers other all other showings, but not the trilogy...

It is the little things in life that keep the darkness at bay.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2014, 7:12pm

Post #18 of 32 (506 views)
Shortcut
The lack of HFR at my theater is disturbing... [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure

Perhaps they haven't added it yet, but my Regal Cinemas is not showing the HFR 3D version. Last year, they only had that version of DoS for 2 weeks. I really hope they haven't decided to pass it up altogether for BotFA.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 14 2014, 7:20pm

Post #19 of 32 (499 views)
Shortcut
We don't KNOW where you Live? [In reply to] Can't Post

SSOoo.. HOW could we help?

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2014, 7:23pm

Post #20 of 32 (500 views)
Shortcut
What's wrong with a little venting? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

If you guys are actually able to fix this problem for me, then I have seriously underestimated the resourcefulness of the members here. Wink

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2014, 7:26pm

Post #21 of 32 (507 views)
Shortcut
I was finally able to get tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

They are doing the marathon on the 15th as you said. It doesn't look like it's the EE's though. I wish it was. I am going to hold off on those at this point as I did get ones for Bot5A at 7 pm on the 16th. I will go to that one no matter what with my family. I don't know if I can do the marathon on the 15th because I didn't take that day off I took the 16th off instead :(

Oh well.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2014, 7:29pm

Post #22 of 32 (477 views)
Shortcut
I remember [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to drive back into town the Day trilogy tickets went on sale and then tthey were not online. I drove back into town from an appointment driving like a bat out of hades, parked in the cinema parking lot haphazardly, with my car sticking out of the pace, ran to the box office and bought them as soon as it opened to go on sale in the afternoon. It was crazy.

I still have a Trilogy Tuesday Theatre banner at my house i bought. New Line was way into marketing those films and did such a great job with the whole thing. I took my kids out of school for it. it was awesome.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 14 2014, 7:35pm

Post #23 of 32 (498 views)
Shortcut
Tickets ordered :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Dad and I are going. Mom couldn't get the time off. :( Will have to take her later in the week.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Nov 14 2014, 8:04pm

Post #24 of 32 (467 views)
Shortcut
Got mine [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to order on Fandango but there was some glitch and it wouldn't let me. I finally went to the actual theater site and order thru them.
Can't wait to tell my son!! He will be so excited!

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 14 2014, 10:13pm

Post #25 of 32 (448 views)
Shortcut
Woo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Got my marathon tickets booked. I did the LOTR EEs in theaters two years ago, and look forward to the Hobbit marathon.

Not expecting to have company (aside from TORnsibs in spirit Wink), as few people have the desire to sit in a theater for 9 hours.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.