The Shire

Nov 13 2014, 3:48am

Post #1 of 45 (2136 views)
Shortcut
TWO NEW SPOTS! Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSg9aOEr10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EhRafQMO7c

Shocked

(This post was edited by Númenórean on Nov 13 2014, 3:53am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 13 2014, 3:54am

Post #2 of 45 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Wow! That's fast! Thanks, Númenórean [In reply to] Can't Post

The first one: Love to see another new image of ThranduilAngelic

Second one: Huh, Tauriel seems to be hurting.

There's a lot of awesome orcs/trolls running about for sure.

In both: boy they love the Legolas/Bolg mano-a-mano scene don't they?Tongue

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 13 2014, 3:56am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2014, 4:14am

Post #3 of 45 (1026 views)
Shortcut
*SQUEE!!!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil
Evil
Evil

Did I just see our glorious maddened Mountain King with a BOW? I wondered if that would be included...oh gawds LOL is this going to get changed up so he takes a shot at Thranduil?Cool

This is interesting. Personally enjoying the TV spots more than the trailer - mostly.

Thank you for posting the link!
Heart

Guert
Rivendell

Nov 13 2014, 4:16am

Post #4 of 45 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Now Im 100% sure SPOILERS [In reply to] Can't Post

tauriel vs bolg
Kili tries to save tauriel
Tauriel watches kili dies
As bolg approaches to finish tauriel legolas comes and saves the day

Kili dies in the arms of tauriel
We see Legolas feel compassion

(This post was edited by Guert on Nov 13 2014, 4:17am)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 4:19am

Post #5 of 45 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Thorin's bow [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe Gloin will tell Thorin to mind his aim and give his bow a nudge. Which of course would have to result in the death of a random Laketown man played by Peter Jackson.Wink

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 4:21am

Post #6 of 45 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Ugh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a bad feeling that's what's going to happen. Of course you can't always tell what's going to happen in a movie just from quick shots in a few trailers, but something about them is just giving off that vibe.

I really want Kili and Fili to die defending Thorin. Tauriel can go hang out with Legolas or something. She needs to stay away from the most important scene in the battle.

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 4:28am

Post #7 of 45 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Tip for the future. [In reply to] Can't Post

Never say you're 100% sure of anything. 99% is always the safest bet. Because even if you're wrong, at least you had a margin of error.

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 4:31am

Post #8 of 45 (1015 views)
Shortcut
I'm so curious about those orcs in the second one [In reply to] Can't Post

They look so different from anything we've seen. What are they?

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 13 2014, 4:34am

Post #9 of 45 (1018 views)
Shortcut
No zombie Azog (thank goodness), but... [In reply to] Can't Post

What about those Gundabad orcs, assuming that's what they are. I must say I don't particularly like the design...I hate zombies and don't need any in Middle-earth, even if they are lowly orcs Mad

Ok, I'm not really that mad, but what does everyone else think of the design? ("Choose" TV spot at 0:18s)

"When you think of the great Battle of Pelennor, do not forget the Battle of Dale. Think of what might have been. Dragon-fire and savage swords in Eriador! There might be no Queen in Gondor. We might now only hope to return from the victory here to ruin and ash. But that has been averted -- because I met Thorin Oakenshield one evening on the edge of spring not far from Bree. A chance-meeting, as we say in Middle-earth."
- Gandalf

Númenórean
The Shire

Nov 13 2014, 4:34am

Post #10 of 45 (973 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

Personal guards of Bolg and Azog (like in the book).

What say the dwarfs when they shoot the ballista? (maybe Dain's voice?)

(This post was edited by Númenórean on Nov 13 2014, 4:35am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2014, 4:43am

Post #11 of 45 (1039 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't have believed it possible [In reply to] Can't Post

For me, bad enough re the Durins. But at least the canon drew on the Norse sister-son concept and would tie back to Thorin wanting to fight at his father's side.

Not to mention it could be inferred that Thorin probably helped raise Fili and Kili. PJ may like to tweak the fans but Tauriel/Kili at the end? No. NO.Unimpressed

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 13 2014, 4:46am

Post #12 of 45 (962 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got to get to saving these clips.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 4:48am

Post #13 of 45 (948 views)
Shortcut
For some reason they [In reply to] Can't Post

look like Moria Goblins to me.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 4:48am

Post #14 of 45 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Philippa Boyens [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't Philippa Boyens say that they wrote that scene to be pretty spot on to what's described in the book? Maybe I'm thinking of something else or maybe she was talking about the end of the book in general. But I'm really hoping they don't mess this up... I don't want to let some out of context shots of Tauriel ruin the movie for me before I even see it, but this is something I've been worried about since the Kili/Tauriel stuff was first announced.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 4:56am

Post #15 of 45 (941 views)
Shortcut
Not at all. [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been confirmed in TOTAL FILM magazine that there is an epic confrontation between Beorn and Bolg.Wink

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 4:58am

Post #16 of 45 (919 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

As much as I want that to be true. I'm sort of worried that whoever wrote the article is just assuming that's what's going to happen based on the events in the book.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 5:03am

Post #17 of 45 (935 views)
Shortcut
I did not have the impression that the [In reply to] Can't Post

author of the article was based on assumptions,since he wrote the article after having seen some of the material of the third movie during his visit to the sets of the Hobbit films.Oh well,we can only pray it is trueLaugh

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 5:19am

Post #18 of 45 (882 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope that's true, and not just because that's what was in the book. It would just be more interesting and sort of unexpected (for casual audiences anyway) to have Beorn show up and defeat the enemy that they keep trying to show off as Legolas' nemesis. Hopefully they actually bring up Bolg's connection with Beorn. The fact that they only mention Azog being responsible for the death of the skin-changers is another thing that's making me doubt Beorn's possible encounter with Bolg.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 13 2014, 5:41am

Post #19 of 45 (863 views)
Shortcut
On the contrary, [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog's past with Beorn is the only indication apart from the canon-issue that Beorn and Bolg may have a confrontation.The revenge for the torturer through his son.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2014, 5:49am

Post #20 of 45 (858 views)
Shortcut
Azog's son [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still concerned that they haven't even addressed the fact that Bolg is Azong's son. They still have another movie to do it, but it seems kind of weird that they would wait this long. It could have helped Bolg seem less like just another orc. Of course they did wait until halfway through the second movie to let the audience know that Fili and Kili are Thorin's nephews...

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 13 2014, 6:19am

Post #21 of 45 (829 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

Will the random Laketown man be chomping a carrot? Possibly a sad, charred carrot, but a carrot nonetheless.

And this tragedy will be highlighted by a timely Wilhelm scream when Thranduil's moose steps on the random wounded man in a determined effort to get the carrot. Angelic

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2014, 7:17am

Post #22 of 45 (744 views)
Shortcut
LOL...! I like the idea!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Adanel
The Shire

Nov 13 2014, 7:35am

Post #23 of 45 (779 views)
Shortcut
Re Kili/Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Evangeline Lilley did a live Twitter chat today. When someone asked her about the love triangle she said it wasn't prominent in the third movie, just a tantalising taste I think her exact words were.

Maybe that makes a Kili /Tauriel death scene less likely unless Legolas gives up on wanting her.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 13 2014, 8:39am

Post #24 of 45 (685 views)
Shortcut
Hm... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I loved "Gandalf, they will fight to the death". The looks of both Gandalf and Bilbo are great.

Tauriel's reaction to (maybe Kili's death) is heart-breaking... yet, it may be well acted and all... but I hope it will turn out to be something different or at least not too prominent in the movie.

Bard on the cart .... sigh.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Saneliur
Bree

Nov 13 2014, 8:57am

Post #25 of 45 (657 views)
Shortcut
Lmfao!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good one Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.