Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Tibboh eht: Noissucsid Eivom:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 9:23pm

Post #176 of 211 (419 views)
Shortcut
     Screencap [In reply to]  

I got a screencap of the brief moment of fabulousness.Smile

One of the whole scene. Looks like the troops are marching by. Maybe headed to the mountain?

And one focused on the King by himself. That perfect skin! That platinum hair! Those icy-blue eyes! *swoon*BlushHeart

"There's distraction buzzing in my head,
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay.
But I've heard rumors, of true reality.
Whispers of a well-lit way.

When the world has fallen out from under me,
I'll be found in You, still standing.
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees,
When time and space are through.
I'll be found in You."
~Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser

VValar
Rodnog

Nov 12 2014, 9:55pm

Post #177 of 211 (411 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEEEEEEE* Mariel what a great find already [In reply to]  

So soon you found the screencap that goes with that TV spot HeartHeartHeart

Too bad there was no Thranduil in the first TV spot eh?

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Rodnog

Nov 12 2014, 9:57pm

Post #178 of 211 (406 views)
Shortcut
     You too Eruvandi, you guys are quick! [In reply to]  

Love it!! Heart But that goes without saying really. He looks so aloof and Kingly in it. Maybe Gandalf just said something to Thranduil and he turns and gives Gandalf the 'What did you just say to me?' look ShockedTongue

VValar
Rodnog

Nov 12 2014, 10:05pm

Post #179 of 211 (421 views)
Shortcut
     Same thoughts afer reading the interview [In reply to]  

My thought exactly when I read this passage!

In Reply To
Have you noticed in that interview:

... Even if they are elves, they have some defects. They are not perfect. They make mistakes, they are fighting among themselves and sometimes they fight their own king ...

it would explain a scene from the trailer?

Plus this:

In Reply To
Lee Pace - This is a very interesting relationship, because she and I have a lot of scenes together. Tauriel is the head of my guard, my special forces within the Black Forest. It is a ruthless killer, someone I like. And what happens in the last film is very complicated.

Already was I brewing on different theories of what could possible transpire between Thranduil and Tauriel in BOFA. But now LP confirms it himself, whatever happens between them it won't be pretty! And LP referring to Elves making mistakes and sometimes even fighting their own King..... has that happend before in the Silm that he is referring to? Or might this be another plot twist in the Thranduil/Tauriel relationship? Shocked

VValar
Rodnog

Nov 12 2014, 10:07pm

Post #180 of 211 (407 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks Mariell for adding the link to the entire interview [In reply to]  

What a great read!!

Unfortunately I don't have much time to reply to any of the posts in TA. And by the time I do, it will be tomorrow late afternoon/evening and we're probably already in TA no. 24 Smile But I will get back to it!

VValar
Rodnog

Nov 12 2014, 10:14pm

Post #181 of 211 (406 views)
Shortcut
     Leggy photo [In reply to]  

Hey thanks for posting it. I had seen it before but didn't save the piccie and couldn't find it anymore. I always imagined the Mitrhil to cover his entire upper body Tongue

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 10:56pm

Post #182 of 211 (399 views)
Shortcut
     Kitty! [In reply to]  

Upside down kitty is so cute! I love snow leopards! Squeee!Heart

Oh...uh...the Thranduil art is nice too.Blush I've always loved evankart's style of drawing.Smile

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 10:57pm

Post #183 of 211 (399 views)
Shortcut
     Lol!// [In reply to]  

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 11:06pm

Post #184 of 211 (399 views)
Shortcut
     Squeeee! [In reply to]  

So much fuzzy leopard cuteness and sleek, Thranduil hotness! I love that pic of the snow leopard peeking over the log!Heart It makes it hard not to picture Thranduil looking at you with the same mischievous look in his eyes...BlushBlushBlushHeart *THUD*

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 11:29pm

Post #185 of 211 (400 views)
Shortcut
     Have to wonder how much we can trust the translation, though. [In reply to]  

I agree that I thought that same thing as you all when I read those passages, but the translation from French to English is still pretty rough. I'd really like to see LP's exact, non-translated words were before I try to draw any conclusions from this, in its current form.

I'll be found in You."

Eruvandi
Aessere Lot

Nov 12 2014, 11:35pm

Post #186 of 211 (407 views)
Shortcut
     Yessss [In reply to]  

We first put wigs and ears, and he exclaimed: "Wow, yes! It's him! ". [Wow! PJ was bowled over eh? Can you imagine the spontaneous ovary explosions when LP first appeared in full Thranduil regalia?]

Yes, yes I can!Laugh They probably found that the ladies in the room were suddenly speechless...and drooling.Wink And can you imagine what it was like for every female (maybe some males tooTongue) in viewing/hearing distance when he went in front of the camera and delivered his first lines? Thudding everywhere!LaughLaugh

I'll be found in You."

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 2:46am

Post #187 of 211 (392 views)
Shortcut
     *HEH* Snertles and Silm [In reply to]  

just felt he needed some justice, somewhat like Thranduil needs justiceFrown so I feel for himBlush *evil snertles at the PB-Fili*

In Reply To
Re your Silmmie notation: Just so you know, I've noticed your Silm thoughts on Tumblr and read them all. They're very good! Smile

Why, thank you, Eruvandi! I hope to get around to some real expositions *ahem plain old plotpoint ramble* after i'm done.

In Reply To
Speaking of the Silm, I actually finished it last night and I'm now skimming over the tables, pronunciation guide, and index of names. Around the time when we were supposed to start the Akallabeth I was starting to feel like, "This has been great and I've enjoyed reading it, but I'm sooooo ready to finish this book!" and decided to just go on and read ahead of the schedual. I guess the reason for that feeling is that, since the trailer came out and we're now little more than a month away from BotFA, I've been wanting to read The Hobbit one more time before I see the movie and with my slow reading speed and the limited time I have for reading lately, I have to give myself enough time to get through it. I'll still be watching the read-along on Tumblr and trying to see if I can draw something for the leftover Bingo prompts though.

I've done with the Akallabeth quite a bit agoBlush the rest of it is for leisurely research and catch up to me. And yes, I'm thinking of having another go at TH the book before I sit down to BotFA too. Go us!

In Reply To
For relevance, I noticed there was a little reference to Thranduil near the last few pages of the final chapter. It wasn't much. Just a couple of paragraphs talking about how Sauron had started to rise again in Dol Guldur and put his shadow over Mirkwood which contained the realm of King Thranduil, and how Thranduil's people held the evil at bay for awhile. Still, it was nice to see the Silm version of some of the background stuff that PJ has included in the movies.

Yeah, that's really the Truly-short-summary-of-LotR-in-a-Flash. Oh, hey, did you know about the TORn LotR readalong/discussion starting 1st weekend of December?

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 2:57am

Post #188 of 211 (386 views)
Shortcut
     I'm with you on marathons but I would marathon TH [In reply to]  

just to see DoS Thranduil on the big screen for the last timeBlush I don't like to kill my ZZZs and be uncomfy for such a long time usually, but just for Thranduil, I;d do it! Except, there's still no sign of a marathon at this time. There was one for AUJ/DOS last year.

In Reply To
P.S. I was surprised how much my dad liked the elves when we went to see DOS in theaters. He isn't a Tolkien "fan" like I am and he said that he didn't realize until he saw DOS that the elves can and will kick butt when they have to. He said he thought they all just sat around looking pretty, like the elves in Rivendell, LOL, so he was really impressed with all of the elven fight scenes, especially Leggy's. With all of the elven butt-kicking that will happen in BotFA, I think he's in for a good time!Wink

Cool! And Thranduil definitely changed my sister's impression of Elves too, and Leggy's family in particular. They're not just Pretty! Wafters! and Leggy isn't the only action Elf. Heart

Question: He didn't like the Elf action at Helm's Deep? tbh, I thought the Lothlorien contingent was really superfluous and just to bring some glam to a gloomy affair is all.Evil

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:05am

Post #189 of 211 (376 views)
Shortcut
     Aye to both! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I hope we at least get to see Moose as himself in the BotFA EE appendices, whenever it is that it gets released next year. I hope we get to see footage of LP falling off the animatronic elk too.EvilTongue

Moose definitely deserve recognition for his work too (maybe someday he'd come up with a "Memoirs of my days as the Elvenking's Elk"). And how can we not have that footage?Evil

And for relevance.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:07am

Post #190 of 211 (377 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* Wants! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
It makes it hard not to picture Thranduil looking at you with the same mischievous look in his eyes...BlushBlushBlushHeart *THUD*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:08am

Post #191 of 211 (376 views)
Shortcut
     OT: another stinkin' cuteness overload wild kitty [In reply to]  

Seen this guy before?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:09am

Post #192 of 211 (377 views)
Shortcut
     Love her art! [In reply to]  

Thanks, mariel!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:14am

Post #193 of 211 (373 views)
Shortcut
     *LoL* Agelessness doth hath advantages [In reply to]  

no wonder this sellsLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:17am

Post #194 of 211 (382 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, though I think we'd probably have a higher chance [In reply to]  

of getting to BotFA before even seeing the actual transcriptEvil Gah, December (still) can't get here soon enoughCrazy

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:18am

Post #195 of 211 (376 views)
Shortcut
     That must be an unforgettable day of busy cleanups [In reply to]  

In Reply To
And can you imagine what it was like for every female (maybe some males tooTongue) in viewing/hearing distance when he went in front of the camera and delivered his first lines? Thudding everywhere!LaughLaugh

I am thudded just thinking about itCrazyBlushAngelic

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 13 2014, 3:18am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:22am

Post #196 of 211 (380 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks, stn5. Also, found the small series of images [In reply to]  

On this blog post

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:28am

Post #197 of 211 (381 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD* Delish! For your convenient referencing [HTR] [In reply to]  

A one-stop resource with the full GIF and HR screenies of every frame in the all-too-brief sceneHeart Now all we need is one of Thranduil speaking, and my THUD will be completeBlush

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:35am

Post #198 of 211 (376 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks, mariel! The fan artists are certainly industrious! [In reply to]  

I opened tumblr to these!

GIF - full-scene, coloured saturation manip'd
GIF - Thranduil isolated
GIF - isolated and eyes!

Pretty!

Contrast

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:36am

Post #199 of 211 (374 views)
Shortcut
     Seems like [In reply to]  

Thranduil is taking over command of Dale or moving out. Wonder which is it?

And is he on Bubba? Or just standing on rubble? Enquiring minds wanna, nay, NEED to know!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Ronilav

Nov 13 2014, 3:45am

Post #200 of 211 (372 views)
Shortcut
     Hee... a Pie King crossover moment [In reply to]  

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.