The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Put these premieres on your calendar

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Nov 11 2014, 2:29am

Post #1 of 6 (1496 views)
Shortcut
Put these premieres on your calendar Can't Post

Hobbit cast posterWe already know that the World Premiere for "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" will be in London on December 1, and there was news several months back for the North American premiere in New York on December 8. Recently we learned that several of the Kiwi Dwarf actors will be at the Los Angeles premiere, but no further details were given at the time, until now. Maybe. A nearly blind Raven visited earlier today and croaked out some news that the Hollywood premiere will be on December 9 at the TCL Chinese theater on Hollywood Blvd. There has not been an official press release yet, so please consider this a rumor, a strong rumor, but a rumor nonetheless. After all, Roac is very old and nearly blind, but he's never given bad advice before.

mulubinba
Rivendell

Nov 11 2014, 9:12am

Post #2 of 6 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Extremely disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

These dates are really disappointing. Why not the 15th December I wonder as the movie is not released there until 17th? A whole lot of us have organised flights, accommodation to Wellington in the hope that there would be something happening there prior to the movie's release on December 11th. Most of us had to book and make arrangements months in advance. I guess we took a gamble, and lost out.

Hopefully some of the crew and Weta people will be around to help us celebrate the last of these movies in Middle-earth, one last time. Frown

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 11 2014, 7:19pm

Post #3 of 6 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Cast and crew screening in Wellington Dec. 8. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know where or what time.
So I don't think anyone in the least bit famous will turn up at the Dec 11 midnight screening.
Disappointed that extras haven't been given any kind of recognition, like a screening, considering how much time we spent working, in a few instances 60 days.

mulubinba
Rivendell

Nov 11 2014, 8:15pm

Post #4 of 6 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Agree ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw a tweet from Mark Atkin stating that there was going to be a screening at The Embassy for cast and crew. I've just been watching AUJ EE again. It was a mammoth task involving years of hard work from hundreds of people who we won't have the opportunity to thank at an Event in Wellington, the true home of these movies.

I guess I feel a sense of frustration, disappointment and indignation that Wellington appears to have been overlooked.

MTA: Moahunter - hopefully you can tell us of your experiences (or, if you have already done so, can you link?)

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 11 2014, 9:21pm

Post #5 of 6 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Contradictory info. about anything special happening in Wellington. [In reply to] Can't Post

I got a very definite statement from the city council events dept on Oct. 17 that nothing was being planned.
But on Oct. 30, in a DomPost news item about the London premiere "Wellington City Council spokesman Richard MacLean said the council was in discussions about a possible event to mark the first New Zealand screening."

Thranduil-my-king

Nov 12 2014, 4:29am

Post #6 of 6 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Where in NYC? [In reply to] Can't Post

I still cannot find information about what theater it will be at. I presume the Ziegfeld but it might not be

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.