Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

mariel
Lorien

Nov 10 2014, 8:40am

Post #76 of 211 (1046 views)
Shortcut
     *sigh* [In reply to]  

Lovely edits indeed. Thanks for posting. Oh, what could have been!
I still haven't forgiven PJ for not including this and the dwarf interrogation scene in the EE, (but deeming the gross scene with the Master of Laketown worthy of inclusion - mutter, mutter)

mariel
Lorien

Nov 10 2014, 8:45am

Post #77 of 211 (1043 views)
Shortcut
     Great edit [In reply to]  

The snow leopard analogy gets more and more apt, particularly with this one!

mariel
Lorien

Nov 10 2014, 1:28pm

Post #78 of 211 (1049 views)
Shortcut
     Moose riding [In reply to]  

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 8:31pm

Post #79 of 211 (1006 views)
Shortcut
     LOLOL [In reply to]  

Had seen it once before but couldn't find it anymore SlySly
Thrandy is way cooler of course!

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 8:35pm

Post #80 of 211 (1020 views)
Shortcut
     THIS!! I want to see in BOFA! [In reply to]  

Some real heartwarming Mirkwood Royal family feels after the battle is done and Thranduil finds out Legolas is alive and well Heart Yes yes I need to see this! HeartHeart I will cry when this moment happens *sobs*

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 8:45pm

Post #81 of 211 (1000 views)
Shortcut
     Way cool! [In reply to]  

What a beautiful edit of that wonderful scene. Now I'm even more upset with PJ depriving us of such beauty Mad But thanks very much for posting, it looks so life-like! Even better than the last edit I've seen of that particulary wonderful scene.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 8:57pm

Post #82 of 211 (1014 views)
Shortcut
     Great and very accurate piccie about fangirling about Thranduil [In reply to]  

Oh and don't you just love the many uses of the Boromir piccie, like this one fe: https://33.media.tumblr.com/...DHn1qzaxefo1_500.jpg

Just imagine the Thrandy ringtone that Kerewyn (I believe?) suggested + that piccie accompanying it Sly

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 9:01pm

Post #83 of 211 (1008 views)
Shortcut
     Yesss that fierce and sexy ElvenKing look [In reply to]  

With the Orc blood splattered in half a heart-shape on his cheek *sigh* I love how they seem to make the BOFA fights more realistic by adding more blood to it. This was something I truly missed in the AUJ/DOS fighting scenes. Decapitated and sliced up Orcs without hardly any blood traces left on the blade is just weird. Good to see Thrandy at least adding a more realistic element to the battles.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 9:30pm

Post #84 of 211 (1010 views)
Shortcut
     Thrandy's voice + thanks for additional HTR alerts voor super hot and smokin' LP piccies in the future [In reply to]  

In Reply To

In Reply To
You know what, some of these do actually resemble the current Hobbit cast quite a bit (Gandalf, ok without the crazy eyebrows, Bilbo). But LOL at Thranduil, but the cartoon artist weren't really to blame back then. Who would ever been able to imagine the Elven King to be such a natural beauty? Regal, majestic, extremely fabulous, fierce, dangerous, just a true Silmaril on his own Heart
http://vorpy-chan.tumblr.com/...parison-i-especially

I have no solid memory of the animation but really, what on earth possessed them to make Thranduil look so different from Elrond?? Did they even read the book?Crazy

Re highlighted, oh boy, I can just imagine Thranduil replying in that voice of his: "No, you are right. They could not." LaughAngelicTongue

And so apt! He is a Silmaril Heart

Heh I tried to read that in any other voice than Thranduil's but I just couldn't anymore. What has been mentally heard cannot be unheard Tongue

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 9:35pm

Post #85 of 211 (998 views)
Shortcut
     Yep I think it's really purple [In reply to]  

Link for larger version: http://38.media.tumblr.com/...pq1rgs67oo1_1280.png

At least it appears to be purple in this lightening. But I'm with you, no matter what colour he wears, he owns it Heart

(This post was edited by VValar on Nov 10 2014, 9:36pm)

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 9:41pm

Post #86 of 211 (994 views)
Shortcut
     Still my favorite scene in DOS! [In reply to]  

Maybe the deleted T-L scene would have been my fav if it had been included in the actual EE's, but these are gorgeous stills Heart

Oh and look what I found, one of the most used images in TA "Where does your journey end"
Clicky = bigger HR image = heart attack risk = HTR alert!!

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 9:58pm

Post #87 of 211 (1005 views)
Shortcut
     Interesting train of thoughts! [In reply to]  

Concerning the "I have come to claim something of mine" provided by Cirashala in this thread.

In Reply To
What if Thranduil's line "I have come to claim something of mine" or however it went, is referring to Legolas?

He's probably pretty darn ticked off that Legolas went off gallivanting with Tauriel after explicit instructions for NO ONE to leave the realm. At this point, with the intonation of his voice, he's even more ticked off than he seemed before- which I would find odd if his line referenced the necklace
, as he hasn't had that for (presumably) 171 years-83 years or so (I say that because it's 171 years in the book and Fili has never seen Erebor and he's 82 so the movie verse time frame has to be somewhere within that range).

Basically, I'd be surprised if he was that much more pissed off about the necklace than before. BUT- I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he was that ticked at Legolas and Tauriel- especially after putting the kibosh on his and Tauriel's perceived relationship shortly before they ran off together (I know they didn't "run off together", but he may not know that).

and someone else had the same thought in the frame by frame analysis by TORn:

In Reply To

Demosthenes: The obvious implication is that Thranduil wants to reclaim his fancy-shmancy gems. But what about this for a theory? Maybe he wants to reclaim his wayward son and that pesky captain of guards? Regardless, this conversation is obviously occurring within the ruins of Dale and that means that he’s probably addressing Bard. Or, perhaps, Gandalf and Bard. I suspect thew former though.

Well, what do you Thralls think? Smile

VValar
Gondor

Nov 10 2014, 10:17pm

Post #88 of 211 (1000 views)
Shortcut
     LP has indeed [In reply to]  

RE: ”I wanted to give him a very impressive appearance. Meaning it was necessary that one feels immediately that when he says something, people listen and obey immediately. Thranduil did not need to argue. He does not seek anyone’s approval. And if we resist it, then it’s a problem that is quickly resolved in his favor!” - Lee Pace

In Reply To
Well, he's done it, hasn't he?Heart

Love the description, he nailed that performance.
And LOL the italic part, does this mean he just gets what he wants in BOFA?

Saneliur
Bree

Nov 11 2014, 6:34am

Post #89 of 211 (981 views)
Shortcut
     Holiday Thranduil [In reply to]  

So I found this Laugh It's actually a shirt design from Red Bubble Angelic

EDIT:

Legolas has one too Laugh

(This post was edited by Saneliur on Nov 11 2014, 6:42am)

Saneliur
Bree

Nov 11 2014, 6:36am

Post #90 of 211 (949 views)
Shortcut
     Lol Thanks!! [In reply to]  

I love these appreciation threads!

And your welcome Laugh

mariel
Lorien

Nov 11 2014, 8:35am

Post #91 of 211 (959 views)
Shortcut
     BTS montage [In reply to]  

This is part of a little montage - clicky for full set

mariel
Lorien

Nov 11 2014, 8:36am

Post #92 of 211 (944 views)
Shortcut
     Lol [In reply to]  

I want one Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Nov 11 2014, 8:56am

Post #93 of 211 (934 views)
Shortcut
     I want one! [In reply to]  

I would sooooo wear this tshirt if I got if for Christmas Angelic

VValar
Gondor

Nov 11 2014, 8:58am

Post #94 of 211 (941 views)
Shortcut
     The two sides of the King [In reply to]  

He looks so cute when he smiles HeartHeartSmile

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:44am

Post #95 of 211 (920 views)
Shortcut
     I'm in a weird headspace now [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I still haven't forgiven PJ for not including this and the dwarf interrogation scene in the EE, (but deeming the gross scene with the Master of Laketown worthy of inclusion - mutter, mutter)

Me neither. And yet, I WANT To believe we'll get justice in BotFA, but at same time, I don't want to overhype myself so I don't get disappointed if it doesn't deliver.Crazy

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:51am

Post #96 of 211 (924 views)
Shortcut
     Totes agree! [fan art] [In reply to]  

another Thranduil doodle by the same artist, evankart:

For levityHeartLaugh

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 11 2014, 11:53am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:54am

Post #97 of 211 (916 views)
Shortcut
     LoL! [In reply to]  

Thanks for this. Mr Teddy got SERIOUS competitionLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:55am

Post #98 of 211 (921 views)
Shortcut
     Me too, but... [In reply to]  

I wonder. There's been no sign of father and son dynamic at all. It might not be themetic to have a tender moment like this between Thranduil and Legolas CrazyMadFrown

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:57am

Post #99 of 211 (913 views)
Shortcut
     It is, isn't it? [In reply to]  

Wonder if someone will make the full scene with audio as well? *crossed fingers*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 11 2014, 11:58am

Post #100 of 211 (916 views)
Shortcut
     Heheh [In reply to]  

I think Boromir would be mortified to know how his quotes are being exploitedTongue

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.