Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Any TORnsibs aware of possible Trilogy Tuesday marathon for "The Hobbit" movies in December?

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Nov 8 2014, 6:42am

Post #1 of 5 (1697 views)
Shortcut
Any TORnsibs aware of possible Trilogy Tuesday marathon for "The Hobbit" movies in December? Can't Post

Has MGM/Warner Bros/NewLine announced this possible event like the one NewLine had for LotR back in 2003? I'd love to see AUJ, DoS, and TBo5A back to back to back as a cinematic marathon! If this marathon has already been announced is there a list of participating theatres available so I can buy tickets ahead of this event? Hanon le!

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 8 2014, 10:08am

Post #2 of 5 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is highly likely that it will happen. It depends on the theater chain, but I can almost guarantee that Cinemark, for example, will do a trilogy marathon before the third film's premiere. That chain has an established history over the past several years of hosting all films in a series before the upcoming film (Hunger Games, Marvel franchises, Twilight, etc.).

I expect the announcement should come in the next two weeks or so. I'll be sure to post a link in the forum when I see their announcement! Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

shadowdog
Rohan

Nov 8 2014, 3:36pm

Post #3 of 5 (1582 views)
Shortcut
When they did it for LoTRs [In reply to] Can't Post

They only did it in limited theaters and the tickets sold out in seconds. Most of us never got to go. Mad

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Nov 9 2014, 12:11am

Post #4 of 5 (1552 views)
Shortcut
I got to go but [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to drive with my two young daughters 8 hours uphill, both ways... in the snow. (It really was uphill both ways and it really did snow. I crossed the Appalachian Mountains heading to Buffalo. It was December. It snowed.) And I was 7 months pregnant. (My big problem was potty breaks.)

Not all the markets sell out immediately, it just depends on how far you are willing (or able) to go. Have faith and start lobbying your local theater chain to carry it.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

shadowdog
Rohan

Nov 9 2014, 3:26am

Post #5 of 5 (1632 views)
Shortcut
That is funny [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem I have is that I live out in the middle of the desert and there ain't no theaters here. LOL

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.