Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 8 2014, 5:54am

Post #1 of 211 (6179 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIII  

One MAGNIFICENT Elvenking, part twenty-three of our Appreciation thread. Thanks to Eowyn of Penwood, yours truly tipped thread XXII. You know the drill, fellow Thralls: let the appreciating continue!HeartWink
(Spoiler avoidance alert: There be spoilers since TAXVII due to the DOS EE, and BotFA media releases. Viewing in threaded mode is a better way to go about it if you're keen to avoid them, as you can check the sub-thread titles before you see anything you might regret... though what's to regret when it comes to Thranduil Pretty!, eh?)

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Clicky!)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar) | XVIII
XIX | XX | XXI | XXII (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)

NOTE: Please read the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images" and the little PSA from the mods.

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also "Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"

• [Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
    (Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
    Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XXII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 8 2014, 6:00am

Post #2 of 211 (5396 views)
    Shortcut
         @Kerewyn: Making ringtone and the OP image [In reply to]  

Ringtone:
    So I got postdeath (didn't realise a mod was prowling alreadyFrown) when trying to reply to this in XXII so here goes:
    Depends on your phone brand and model. After downloading onto your phone, there might be a bit of fiddling. I'm on a Samsung, and I know I'd have to make a folder with a specific name, and put it there before I can see it as an option on my ringtone list. Hope this helps.

OP Image:
    Hope you like what I did. I had grander ambitions on it, but my GIMP just isn't up to my imagination.Evil

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XXIII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 8 2014, 6:01am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 8 2014, 6:17am

Post #3 of 211 (5435 views)
    Shortcut
         Forming the fellowship - imagining if it was Thranduil instead of Legolas [In reply to]  

So I muddled around with the scenario after replying to this post by VValar.

Arriving in Rivendell

How it might have gone:

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XXIII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

=======

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 8 2014, 8:39am

Post #4 of 211 (5370 views)
    Shortcut
         Lol [In reply to]  

So you don't think he'd tag along then? Laugh Mind you, I can't quite picture him running across Rohan after Merry and Pippin (not that I think he couldn't do it). I bet he'd beat Leggy's tally at the battle at Helm's Deep though Laugh

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 8 2014, 8:45am

Post #5 of 211 (5398 views)
    Shortcut
         My goodness. A new thread already. I'm getting dizzy [In reply to]  

Luckily I know the perfect place for a rest Smile

From the last thread

ref http://38.media.tumblr.com/...IBY1ryu3pqo1_500.jpg
    etc
    I do like him in his lbd - very elegant Heart

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 8 2014, 8:47am

Post #6 of 211 (5412 views)
    Shortcut
         Another from the trailer [In reply to]  

clicky

Elarie
    Grey Havens

Nov 8 2014, 1:04pm

Post #7 of 211 (5336 views)
    Shortcut
         Too funny! [In reply to]  

I'm sure that if Thrandy had lowered himself to accompany this motley group of men, dwarves and hobbits, he would have instantly taken charge, and then ridden the moose while making everyone else walk. Smile

Farewell hope,
    and with hope
    farewell fear.

John Milton

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Nov 8 2014, 6:48pm

Post #8 of 211 (5315 views)
    Shortcut
         TAXXIII!!! Wheeee! + General post responses [In reply to]  

Wow, 23! At this rate, I wonder if we can make it to 30 by the time the movie comes out?Smile

In celebration of the beginning of this thread, one of my favorite pics of Thrandy:

General Responses to TAXXII:

Lurker’s “Another one. FLAST! [GAH! Trailer wait]
    Haha! xD Those were LOL funny! I read them to my mom too and the think the one about Leggy getting his own hair straightener was her favorite!

Lurker’s “Perfect!”
    That *is* perfect! I love how his expression fits the words so well! And thank goodness that he did get several frames and some lines in the trailer! Heart

VValar’s “Agreed!”
    That gif is kind of funny and sad at the same time, but oh so true. Evil

Kerewyn’s “Loki as Noldor Elf images”
    Re your question, “Do you think he could actually be Feanor?”: I haven’t seen a lot of Tom Hiddleston’s work, but from what I’ve seen, yes, I can totally picture him as Feanor! Cool

Lurker’s “I hope so too”
    Re Bubba looking a tad short: Mmmmm….Uuuuuhhhh…*tilts head this way and that* *squints*…I don’t think so. I just compared Bubba in the trailer with Bubba in the AUJ Prologue and when Thranduil turns him around and has his army walk away, it looks like the Elf soldiers come up to the same place on Bubba there as they do in the trailer. I think he may just *seem* short because he’s surrounded by elves in the trailer as opposed to being in front of them all in the prologue. Also, the camera is at a higher angle in the trailer than in the prologue so that may be contributing to him looking short.
    The biggest difference I notice between prologue Bubba and trailer Bubba is that trailer Bubba, IMO, looks older and seems to have some scars on his velvety nose, which I guess is a natural side effect of being a war-elk. Unsure

Re Kerewyn’s thought that Thranduil is demoting Tauriel being more palatable than them opposing each other.
    I’m with Lurker in that I can live with the demotion. I can also live with the whole slicing her bow in half just being misleading and ending up barely being a “thing” at all…
    Is it December yet?Unsure

Lurker’s “Think you’re on to something, Tinne”
    *looks at pic* *can’t decide if it’s Tauriel’s or Leggy’s boots, but pretty sure it’s not a dwarf*
    GAAAAAAH!!!!
    And I repeat…Is it December yet?! CrazyShockedPirate

Re the Middle-earth Periodic Table
    Ha! I like that much better than the real thing!Wink

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

VValar
    Gondor

Nov 8 2014, 11:52pm

Post #9 of 211 (5264 views)
    Shortcut
         Congratulations fellow Thralls with reaching #23 [In reply to]  

Although the picture Eruvandi posted is one of my favorites of Thranduil as well, this one isn't too bad either Wink:

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
    Gondor

Nov 8 2014, 11:57pm

Post #10 of 211 (5277 views)
    Shortcut
         LOL is Thranduil implying Glorfindel should fill up his place? [In reply to]  

Heh I like the little strip-version of Leggy vs Thranduil during the council of Elrond, did you do it yourself?

Oh I was meaning to ask, since it has been way too long since I read LOTR and I thought some of you might know this: Did Thranduill (or Legolas for that matter) knew the council was being held at the time he sent his son to Rivendell? Or was it more like a 'surprise, council time!' moment?

VValar
    Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 12:02am

Post #11 of 211 (5273 views)
    Shortcut
         LOL *tries to picture Thranduil running in front of Aragorn and Gimli* [In reply to]  

I just don't see it. happening. EVER Evil

VValar
    Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 12:14am

Post #12 of 211 (5291 views)
    Shortcut
         Wow fiercness [In reply to]  

When Thranduil looks at you like that, be afraid. Be very afraid. ShockedHeart

This comparison keeps getting more accurate every time I see fighting Thranduil in the snow

VValar
    Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 12:22am

Post #13 of 211 (5269 views)
    Shortcut
         That Thrandy picture is to die for [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Lurker’s “I hope so too”
    Re Bubba looking a tad short: Mmmmm….Uuuuuhhhh…*tilts head this way and that* *squints*…I don’t think so. I just compared Bubba in the trailer with Bubba in the AUJ Prologue and when Thranduil turns him around and has his army walk away, it looks like the Elf soldiers come up to the same place on Bubba there as they do in the trailer. I think he may just *seem* short because he’s surrounded by elves in the trailer as opposed to being in front of them all in the prologue. Also, the camera is at a higher angle in the trailer than in the prologue so that may be contributing to him looking short.
    The biggest difference I notice between prologue Bubba and trailer Bubba is that trailer Bubba, IMO, looks older and seems to have some scars on his velvety nose, which I guess is a natural side effect of being a war-elk. Unsure

I noticed this as well, poor cute Bubba. But he still looks so adorable and cute. It's so fluffy!! *Squeee!!*

In Reply To

Lurker’s “Think you’re on to something, Tinne”
    *looks at pic* *can’t decide if it’s Tauriel’s or Leggy’s boots, but pretty sure it’s not a dwarf*
    GAAAAAAH!!!!
    And I repeat…Is it December yet?! CrazyShockedPirate

Oh I'm going to look in to this tomorrow! I'm determined to find out who these boots belong to Evil

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 6:41am

Post #14 of 211 (5241 views)
    Shortcut
         Not an orc's chance in the Elvenking's Halls [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    So you don't think he'd tag along then? Laugh Mind you, I can't quite picture him running across Rohan after Merry and Pippin (not that I think he couldn't do it).

to both

In Reply To
    I bet he'd beat Leggy's tally at the battle at Helm's Deep though Laugh

He would, at that Angelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 6:43am

Post #15 of 211 (5226 views)
    Shortcut
         I saw what you did there *applause* [In reply to]  

Well played, mariel, well playedLaugh

In Reply To
    From the last thread

ref http://38.media.tumblr.com/...IBY1ryu3pqo1_500.jpg
    etc
    I do like him in his lbd - very elegant Heart

lbd! How apt! I won't be looking at those three little letters in fellowship the same way againAngelicHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 6:44am

Post #16 of 211 (5228 views)
    Shortcut
         As you said in the last thread VValar [In reply to]  

he's just too beautiful, even when angry... or is it especially when angry?Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 6:48am

Post #17 of 211 (5246 views)
    Shortcut
         Heheh... and new enhanced version [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    I'm sure that if Thrandy had lowered himself to accompany this motley group of men, dwarves and hobbits, he would have instantly taken charge, and then ridden the moose while making everyone else walk. Smile

Which is why Aragorn in particular would be breathing a sigh of relief that Thranduil opts out. I updated the strip incorporating that ... here

Happy to know that aside from words, my attempt at pictorial funny works for you too, Elarie. Thanks!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 7:05am

Post #18 of 211 (5262 views)
    Shortcut
         Heh... not Thranduil. Elrond =P to clear it up, i reworked the strip [book spoilers on the CoE] [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Heh I like the little strip-version of Leggy vs Thranduil during the council of Elrond, did you do it yourself?

Thanks! indeed, I did.Smile and based on mariel, Elarie, and your comments. I made some changes to it. I forgot about having to fit TORn's rules while working on it... and found tumblr has problems too. Gah, so much to learn still Crazy Anyway, clicky on the strip at the bottom.

In Reply To
    Oh I was meaning to ask, since it has been way too long since I read LOTR and I thought some of you might know this: Did Thranduill (or Legolas for that matter) knew the council was being held at the time he sent his son to Rivendell? Or was it more like a 'surprise, council time!' moment?

The latter. The Council was called because everyone happened to be there and Elrond thought it good to get everyone on the same page as really, except for Gandalf, everyone was there for other reasons. Legolas was there to report Gollum's escape, Boromir to get clarity on Faramir's dream about Halfings, the Dwarves because of Sauron's emissary.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 7:08am

Post #19 of 211 (5237 views)
    Shortcut
         Fan art of this image [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 7:09am

Post #20 of 211 (5252 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranddy + Leggy [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 7:12am

Post #21 of 211 (5246 views)
    Shortcut
         Woodland Weekend [In reply to]  

A small one, if anyone's interested, of the pre-BotFA frenzy days, and there's probably some repeats.

Usual EI/HTR/Spoiler/ETC warnings applies Smile

Thranduil
    IMG
    (large res of deleted throne room scene)http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/post/100820079169/,http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/post/100821033731/
    http://krclara.tumblr.com/post/100917183748
    http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...ls-of-the-new-poster
    http://dinnydinnydinny.tumblr.com/post/100817506156
    http://enfantdivine.tumblr.com/post/101021865209
    http://thranduilfics.tumblr.com/...-hes-so-beautiful-it
    http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...912021/rug-with-deer
    http://verisixl.tumblr.com/...winner-elvenkingx-10
    http://chelle77.tumblr.com/...adorably-cute-to-not
    http://thranduil-aran.tumblr.com/post/101394690073
    http://fandomlandedits.tumblr.com/post/101194527973
    http://peachmo412.tumblr.com/post/101180832641
    http://deathlyredhairedelf.tumblr.com/...k-edit-for-you-guyss
    http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/101166501233
    http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/...52043/die-fledermaus

GIF
    http://sakuram0chi.tumblr.com/...duil-is-a-comedian-2
    http://glorfindely.tumblr.com/...in-this-war-for-gold
    http://dinnydinnydinny.tumblr.com/post/100817506156
    http://armitageuniverse.tumblr.com/...ge-o-bts-hobbit-test
    http://maivolchica.tumblr.com/...can-be-yes-of-course
    http://warriorrrqueen.tumblr.com/post/101182295249
    http://paranormpromo.tumblr.com/...987/lee-pace-gifhunt
    Leggy drowning his sorrows:http://bellevox.tumblr.com/post/100598968263

Fan art
    http://oceansoul7777.tumblr.com/...-x3-i-think-im-crazy
    http://farbenfrei.tumblr.com/post/100931266605
    http://thatgirlisstrangenoquestion.tumblr.com/...lisstrangenoquestion

Farnie
    sorta-http://vorpy-chan.tumblr.com/...parison-i-especially
    http://ewebean.tumblr.com/...horin-sends-the-very
    http://tinnuriel.tumblr.com/...what-do-i-do-tonight
    http://tinnuriel.tumblr.com/...hrandy-being-thrandy
    http://gimmethehobbit.tumblr.com/...us-52-first-previous
    http://purrrkwood.tumblr.com/...21/thranduil-come-on

HCF
    IMG
    http://krclara.tumblr.com/post/99195056108
    http://larygo.tumblr.com/post/101256089971/x
    http://leepacedaily.tumblr.com/post/91968269988
    http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/94154294588
    http://asukafujima.tumblr.com/.../hot-and-caught-fire

PD
    GIF
    http://elvesandwalkers.tumblr.com/...-tumblr-on-october-1
    http://moviecapturing.tumblr.com/post/101234939115

LP & other Roles
    IMG
    http://jaxhaolic.tumblr.com/post/101033140598
    http://fuckyeahleepace.tumblr.com/post/403242071
    http://fuckyeahleepace.tumblr.com/post/403233412
    http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/post/101479656103
    http://danadepayneblr.tumblr.com/...01708300085/lee-pace
    http://gedebe.tumblr.com/...01840346375/lee-pace
    http://gedebe.tumblr.com/...ernas-in-wonderfalls

Fan art
    http://silver-kane.tumblr.com/...95156/lee-pace-by-me
    http://justroythingz.tumblr.com/post/101714758272/hng
    http://elusive-destiny.tumblr.com/post/101623989871

GIF
    http://armitageuniverse.tumblr.com/...et-video-courtesy-of
    http://ludokt.tumblr.com/post/101407806563
    http://yesknopemaybe.tumblr.com/post/101440083701

=======

Kerewyn
    Rohan

Nov 9 2014, 8:45am

Post #22 of 211 (5209 views)
    Shortcut
         *claps hands with delight* [In reply to]  

Oh I HeartHeart the OP! I hope all you STVs realise it's for you too.

Actually when I saw the thread tip, I got all breathless and all "could I... should I... start a thread?!" But I had no good images or ideas prepared, and just half an hour before I had to leave (a friend was cooking me dinner.) Just as well really, because it would have been nowhere as good.

Hm, if I can download that clip as an mp3, I can transfer it easily and make it my ringtone. But dare I? What a hoot that would be... especially when my phone is lying on my desk at work. "You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it." It will give me SO much delight - I;ll have to keep calling myself from the landline.

(I hope people won't take it literally and hand me their work to finish.)

"Thou speakest of thralldom. If thralldom it be, thou canst not escape it..."

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 9 2014, 8:58am

Post #23 of 211 (5238 views)
    Shortcut
         A little more fan art (HTR) [In reply to]  

And one for the flower lovers amongst us

And ummmm Wink

B&W version
    https://31.media.tumblr.com/7785fa9b18e749eae4a820c7c1ba4f5b/tumblr_neqds8DwfW1tf1nydo1_500.jpg

All clicky

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 9 2014, 9:01am

Post #24 of 211 (5202 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks [In reply to]  

Thanks as usual for all your hard work Heart

I haven't had a chance to go through them all yet, but on first viewing - very unflattering lighting in the "rug with deer" pic don't you think?

mariel
    Lorien

Nov 9 2014, 9:03am

Post #25 of 211 (5209 views)
    Shortcut
         Love the new strip version [In reply to]  

Made me laugh out loudLaugh. Good start to the day.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.