Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOT5A TRAILER 2 OUT!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Ar-Pharazôn
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 9:07pm

Post #276 of 348 (10309 views)
Shortcut
     Visually impressive but... [In reply to]  

left me rather cold, despite the character moments. Didn´t like the music, very weak in my opinion. No surprise Jackson goes for "Bigger is Better" and the Charme of the book is almost gone. Liked the appearance of Chris Lee, though I have to admit, that I would have liked the before the Trailer rumored line "I will deal with Sauron" more than the actual line.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 9:08pm

Post #277 of 348 (10309 views)
Shortcut
     But... [In reply to]  

...I hafta keep it on so my beanie don't fly off!

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Nov 6 2014, 9:10pm)

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 9:09pm

Post #278 of 348 (10300 views)
Shortcut
     wasn't [In reply to]  

supposed to be taken seriously, necessarily...and if you read my posts carefully (it is very subtle) you can pick up on some slight sarcasm.
In my eyes, i don't claim to think anything about 'people like you' i'm merely referring to the people who blatantly said that these films suck big time despite being 95% phenomenal...

PHENOMENAL!!!

(This post was edited by Lindele on Nov 6 2014, 9:11pm)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Post #279 of 348 (10329 views)
Shortcut
     Bilbo flipping us off for the last time ;) [In reply to]  

If you watch the end of the trailer when Bilbo is putting the ring on his finger, you can see it is his middle finger he is putting the ring in, haha this was actually funny :D

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Nov 6 2014, 9:10pm)

Lindele
Gondor

Post #280 of 348 (10300 views)
Shortcut
     THIS [In reply to]  

ok now i'm turning into a troll

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 9:11pm

Post #281 of 348 (10274 views)
Shortcut
     Doesn't look like it to me [In reply to]  

In Reply To
left me rather cold, despite the character moments. Didn´t like the music, very weak in my opinion. No surprise Jackson goes for "Bigger is Better" and the Charme of the book is almost gone. Liked the appearance of Chris Lee, though I have to admit, that I would have liked the before the Trailer rumored line "I will deal with Sauron" more than the actual line.

The Minas Tirith battle looked way huger than anything in this trailer, but they do seem to be holding back with the trailer - not showing much of the actual fighting.

To cheer people up, there's plenty of live action fighting between REAL ELVES, REAL MEN and PROSTHETIC ORCS on the BUILT ON LOCATION Dale set! We only got a split second shot of it in this.

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 9:12pm

Post #282 of 348 (10296 views)
Shortcut
     See there is the problem. [In reply to]  

When I say something negative about the film or trailer, I will merely post my opinion. I will not actively seek out those who praise it and attempt to engage in some never ending debate.

Yet those who are positive about the film feel the need to get defensive and accuse those with a different opinion of being trolls or wrong.

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 9:13pm

Post #283 of 348 (10286 views)
Shortcut
     Here is the ridiculously funny thing about the people who say "That doesn't look real..." [In reply to]  

What can we define as "real?" When was the last time any one of you saw 10,000 arrows flying through the air in one large wave? Or when did you last see an enormous troll fight a bunch of orcs? How about the last time you saw a dwarf fall two stories onto your face????

No matter what example it is, these things are all fake. I understand that tweaking things here and there can make them look better in terms of color, texture, etc...but when people complain about something looking fake or out of place, where is the comparison?

It's not like seeing a person walk down the street in real life and then seeing a CGI person walk down a street in a movie and compare the two. It's totally different. The fact that they can recreate these huge scenes and make it actually look like a dragon swoops down and throws flames on a bunch of goblins and destroys buildings is pretty amazing.

Yet someone has the nerve to say "That building that just exploded looks fake." Fake compared to what? The building that you just saw explode in real life two minutes ago?

I get that some CGI shots are a bit less convincing, and I'm sure they can get cleaned up before the final cut. Even so, Instead of looking at the glass half empty, or even shattered, blown up, and disintegrated for that matter, try looking at it a little more positively.
If it wasn't for Peter and these guys at WETA making these movies, we wouldn't see anything at all.

I'd really like to see them film a cave troll battling an eagle and not use any CGI. Impossible.

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 9:14pm

Post #284 of 348 (10266 views)
Shortcut
     I noticed that myself ;) [In reply to]  

LOL, Martin. Cool This is supposed to be a family friendly film.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

farmer maggot
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 9:14pm

Post #285 of 348 (10306 views)
Shortcut
     Re CGI - just to point out [In reply to]  

Trailers are made purely for marketing purposes to the general public, not dissection by us obsessive fans.
There is no guarantee that any of these shots are actually in the final (or rough) cut of the film.
The trailer is stupendous by the way, as expected, as will be the film. The last vision of ME!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 6 2014, 9:15pm

Post #286 of 348 (10265 views)
Shortcut
     OK, enough. [In reply to]  

These side-discussions of who is more trollish and what type of opinions are less worthy than others will stop now. Please get back to discussing the trailer and not each other - any more posts along these lines will be removed.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Post #287 of 348 (10243 views)
Shortcut
     Well [In reply to]  

Though smaller it looks like the battle will be more complex than Helm's Deep or the Pelennor. There are five (six? seven? eight?) armies after all.

Bishop
Gondor

Post #288 of 348 (10243 views)
Shortcut
     LOL! [In reply to]  

Nice catch!

Wordofmask
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 9:16pm

Post #289 of 348 (10246 views)
Shortcut
     It just does not convince me. [In reply to]  

but I'm ok with your opinion. Wink

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 9:17pm

Post #290 of 348 (10220 views)
Shortcut
     being [In reply to]  

bored at work and excited about this new trailer has caused me to spiral completely out of control.

I'm sorry.

Ar-Pharazôn
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 9:18pm

Post #291 of 348 (10215 views)
Shortcut
     . [In reply to]  

In Reply To

In Reply To

The Minas Tirith battle looked way huger than anything in this trailer, but they do seem to be holding back with the trailer - not showing much of the actual fighting.

To cheer people up, there's plenty of live action fighting between REAL ELVES, REAL MEN and PROSTHETIC ORCS on the BUILT ON LOCATION Dale set! We only got a split second shot of it in this.

I was not referring in any way to missing action scenes....

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 9:18pm

Post #292 of 348 (10206 views)
Shortcut
     I would assume so. [In reply to]  

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 9:20pm

Post #293 of 348 (10200 views)
Shortcut
     Back to Topic? [In reply to]  

Thranduil ist cutting Tauriels Bow. You can see it clearly in the Trailer. It seems like she's aiming at something.
Any clues?

Elfhelm
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 9:21pm

Post #294 of 348 (10207 views)
Shortcut
     This (sadly). [In reply to]  

In Reply To
...look totally fake. The shot with all the arrows fired at once? Impossible. Yes, I know they're Elves and Elves are magical, but it looks fake.

I agree. The copy-pasted Crazy CGI (elf) armies especially looked sooo fake that if that's how it will look like in the theater I'll be completely drawn out of the movie. Unsure Surely they can't think that would look convincing, especially when they are all in such tight formation? (As an aside, I've never really agreed with PJ's vision of elven military being so utterly organized and Romanesque in battle - I see them as more free spirited there as well)

With a film this heavily laden with CGI I'm really starting to worry now, as there can't be more than a couple of weeks left now to finish the film... Can only hope they'll pull it off.

In Reply To
The character shots look great, and all the drama appears right. I'm just hoping they get the CGI fixed in the movie.

Yeah. The non-CGI elements were definitely promising.

Ar-Pharazôn
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 9:29pm

Post #295 of 348 (10148 views)
Shortcut
     @ Fleuz [In reply to]  

What´s up with the site "herr-der-ringe-film.de"? Really ridiculous this site is down every time a new middle-earth trailer arrives. The owners of the site should have known there would be plenty of people try to go there and raise their server-capacity. Already down for 3-4 hours. Very incompetente.

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 9:32pm

Post #296 of 348 (10139 views)
Shortcut
     Twitter destroyed the site [In reply to]  

there was a huge rush as the Link to the Trailer was posted on twitter.
But the site works. Slowly but surely... Cool

iduna
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 9:35pm

Post #297 of 348 (10115 views)
Shortcut
     yes, but if the orcs are going in.... [In reply to]  

They're going the wrong way, right?

If the tunnels are a way for the orcs to get fronm Gundabad to Erebor in secret, we ought to see them coming out of the tunnels near Erebor. But here they are going into the tunnels.

Seems to me that it would be more exciting to show the orcs arriving at the battlefield, instead of starting on their journey (if that's what they are doing).

Ar-Pharazôn
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 9:37pm

Post #298 of 348 (10095 views)
Shortcut
     Wirklich? [In reply to]  

Ich komme seit ca. 4 Stunden überhaupt gar nicht auf die Seite. "Seiten-Ladefehler" aufgrund Zeitüberschreitung (Verbindungsaufbau zur Seite dauert zu lange). Finde ich echt traurig, dass dies jedes Jahr wieder passieren muss, obwohl die Betreiber schon vorher um den Ansturm wissen. Finde ich wie gesagt sehr inkompetent.

Sorry for Offtopic, will drop it now.

(This post was edited by Ar-Pharazôn on Nov 6 2014, 9:38pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 9:40pm

Post #299 of 348 (10089 views)
Shortcut
     Exactly [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Yet someone has the nerve to say "That building that just exploded looks fake." Fake compared to what? The building that you just saw explode in real life two minutes ago?

For someone who gets their expectations from movies and video games, a lot of stuff like explosions would look fake in "real life". Movies and video games "sweeten" sounds, visuals, etc. to make them look more exciting, not more real. (I won't mention the plastically augmented movie stars and airbrushed professional models whose physical appearance some people accept as "real".)

In Reply To
I'd really like to see them film a cave troll battling an eagle and not use any CGI. Impossible.

The liability insurance alone would be prohibitive.

Name
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 9:45pm

Post #300 of 348 (10050 views)
Shortcut
     Having a fun time using my broken German to try and decipher this. [In reply to]  

Laugh

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.