Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOT5A TRAILER 2 OUT!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:50pm

Post #201 of 348 (9920 views)
Shortcut
     i think its quite likely that he leaves before all is done at Dol Guldur... [In reply to]  

In Reply To
We see Galadriel holding him as the nine approach, and the next scene, same place, he is not where he was. What will happen between those scenes? Perhaps will Radagast appear and take care of him while the others fight? I remember the behind scenes video where Gandalf and Galadriel are on the ground and we can see Radagast in behind them and the sled on their left.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 7:51pm

Post #202 of 348 (9886 views)
Shortcut
     Dunno... [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Sometimes I think that zooming in tooooo close takes a bit of the magic out.

As a kid I always used to sit front row center so I could see everything really good!!

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Cirashala
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:55pm

Post #203 of 348 (9846 views)
Shortcut
     well, thoughts... [In reply to]  

Fili actually calls Kili his brother in DOS, and Kili calls him brother in AUJ (though that was during the scene where Fili was walking atop the table, so it makes sense that it may have been missed there).

AND- something I loved (Kili's my favorite character in the movies, and F and K in the books, but I also wish to see more Fili) is that there's a shot of Fili looking toward the ruined Dale while riders head away from the mountain toward the city, and he's with THORIN, not Kili Sly

That gives me hope that there may be more interaction with the two of them in BO5A than there were previously Smile

But, like you, I really think that (akin to his scenes in DOS) Fili does need to come to the fore. As much as I love Kili in the role, Fili is equally amazing as a character (as I said, they were BOTH my favorite characters in the book long before the movies were even announced) and he is equally, if not more so, important to the quest as a whole.

Especially after hearing Thorin's line in the trailer, "Everything I did, I did for them." FrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

It's official- I'm going to be a blubbering mess by the time the credits roll in the theaters Frown

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:56pm

Post #204 of 348 (9824 views)
Shortcut
     No idea [In reply to]  

Spalko
Rivendell

Post #205 of 348 (9838 views)
Shortcut
     Good point, yes. [In reply to]  

Unf! I cannot wait to watch the whole scene and see how Gandalf comes to "life", they fight the Nine and Saruman confronts Sauron.

Glassary
Rivendell

Post #206 of 348 (9814 views)
Shortcut
     LOL [In reply to]  

Remember coming home from the theater after sitting in the front row with a headache!
Would head straight for some pain killers once home.
LOL my mom would see me doing this and almost always say "told you to stop sitting
in the front row".

Wordofmask
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 7:57pm

Post #207 of 348 (9814 views)
Shortcut
     But [In reply to]  

I was growing up with CGI movies since 90s and played a tons of video games that have mind blowing cgi. I still fine with cgi in this trailer not the best but good enough.

(This post was edited by Wordofmask on Nov 6 2014, 7:57pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:57pm

Post #208 of 348 (9810 views)
Shortcut
     They're cool [In reply to]  

I like the designs of the armor but that one stood out to me.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:58pm

Post #209 of 348 (9792 views)
Shortcut
     I had to slow it down [In reply to]  

But it was the first one I noticed.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 7:59pm

Post #210 of 348 (9815 views)
Shortcut
     With you guys all the way - a most captivating trailer, indeed // [In reply to]  

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

redgiraffe
Rohan

Post #211 of 348 (9776 views)
Shortcut
     which one [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I like the designs of the armor but that one stood out to me.

which one is it because I'm still not seeing it?

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Post #212 of 348 (9796 views)
Shortcut
     It makes sense [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Unf! I cannot wait to watch the whole scene and see how Gandalf comes to "life", they fight the Nine and Saruman confronts Sauron.

because i doubt Gandalf will be at full strength after getting "reanimated". I even like the idea he leaves earlier with Radagast...

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 8:01pm

Post #213 of 348 (9759 views)
Shortcut
     I remember... [In reply to]  

...in the first LOTR trailer (the one with the Fellowship-over-the-crest money shot), you could see the Nazgul actors' black stocking masks under their hoods. This was fixed by the time the film came out.

Remember, trailers are made from snippets of the unfinished film, and many scenes in them will probably be altered, reshot, or even removed entirely when the actual film comes out.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

adt100
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 8:01pm

Post #214 of 348 (9775 views)
Shortcut
     Yup, is say Smaug will be a quick/shock death in the first 15 mins. [In reply to]  

By 'shock' I don't mean unexpected, but that people who don't know the book in particular might expect him to play a much bigger part than he actually does in the final part of the story.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 8:02pm

Post #215 of 348 (9746 views)
Shortcut
     The one [In reply to]  

straight across from Gandalf's feet has an Easterling like armor design.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 8:03pm

Post #216 of 348 (9874 views)
Shortcut
     A couple of thoughts (includes spoilers of course) [In reply to]  

So... I hope the heat is cooling down. I know that most of us have an emotional bond to those films and I do understand that we all want a big and great and emotional and amazing and cool final chapter in the cinematic Middle-earth saga so it's only human to react in these ways we did. But don't forget... there's a lot of stuff to talk about besides the CGI... I'm talking about plot points:

1.) DESTRUCTION OF LAKE-TOWN
I was surprised that there was no shot of Smaug at all. Not even the shot we saw in the teaser. Interesting. I'm also interested if the Master survives this destruction. We know that Alfrid will but the Master?

2.) DOL GULDUR
For me (obviously) a big part of the story and propably one of the chapters I'm looking forward the most. Elrond looks badass. Gandalf looks... well wasted. Galadriel carefull and Saruman... he's just a cool guy. I also like the shot of Sauron on the top of the stairs. I could imagine that this is the place where he disappears. Christopher Lee looks much better this time around. While the CGI on his face in AUJ was far more obvious this time he almost looks like the FOTR Saruman.

3.) THE NINE
The Nine look amazing. I can't tell which one of them the Witch-King is since neither is anyone wearing the crown he wears in AUJ nor the one he wears in FOTR nor the helmet the WK wears in ROTK. But I guess it's the big one with the wizards/sorcerers staff on the right that almost looks like Sauron. Also I believe that I can see one Haradrim (the one in the back with this strange fork like weapon). Why a Haradrim? Because my Haradrim action figure from ROTK carries a similar weapon. The "fat" one on the right with the strange helmet (actually might be a PJ cameo as TORN FB page suggests) could be an Easterling. With little imagination you can see a modified version of TTT and ROTKs Easterling helmet. Being an Easterling Nazgűl this would make him Khaműl right? Definitely a great shot. I never thought to see the Nine like this.

4.) MOUNT GUNDABAD
Finally! Oh guys... how often did I annoyed you with my wish to see Mount Gundabad in this final movie? Finally we see it. Now I'm thrilled how much of it we will see. We see the Orcs from Dol Guldur enter the tunnels, we see Legolas and Tauriel being there somehow observing the army and the bats and we see the Orc army leaving alongside Trolls and other creatures. Great! I hope we see some parts of the interior as well. The red rost looks cool. The architecture reminds me a little bit of the walls of Minas Morgul... which would be logical since both parts are connected to the Witch-King. The Bats by the way don't look like the fluffy ones we saw in AUJ. These Bats are really evil looking. Almost vampire like.

5.) AZOG & BOLG
Azog looks amazing. Again... something I posted several times since we saw him in AUJ: Please give him some kind of armor or at least a leather cloak. And finally: He gets an armor. And an amazing one. Definitely based on several concept arts we already saw in the chronicles books. His fight with Thorin looks great. Bolg on the other hand is fighting Kili, Bilbo, Tauriel and Legolas on several places. Most of it will take place on Raven Hill I guess... Fighting so many heroes... I'm not sure if there's still room for Beorn to crush him.

6.) GOBLINS
It looks like some of the Orcs (around 1:57) aren't Gundabad Orcs but Goblins from Goblin Town only with armor alongside Orcs and Trolls. Which would be (again) something I wanted to see since we saw them in AUJ. I also believe this naked something... the one who does look like a mix of Orc and Troll and might even be a Half-troll could be a Goblin instead. He definitely looks a little bit like a Goblin to me. Perhaps he is the new leader of the Goblins after the death of the Goblin King?

7.) BARD & THORIN
So before the war and even before the arrival of Thranduil there will be a negotiation between Bard and Thorin. We see both of them taling and later Bard riding his white horse back to Dale.

8.) THRANDUIL & TAURIEL
Why is Thranduil attacking Tauriel? Perhaps because she wants to protect Kili or stop Thranduil from attacking Erebor? This happens before Gandalfs arrival I guess.

9.) NO DAIN
There's no Dain at all. No hint of the Dwarves from the Iron Hills this time besides the ballistas. No war rams. I'm fine with that. There has to be something new we haven't seen before.

10.) NO FILI
There's a lot of Kili in this trailer but besides a few background appearances there's no Fili in this trailer. Interesting as well

11.) EMOTIONAL LEVEL
Well... everybody is crying. There's no funny moment at all in this trailer. It is very dark and looks very LOTR-ish to me.

There's so much more to interpret. So much more to talk about. This is our last Middle-earth movie. This is a more than worthy trailer. Go to the cinemas. One or two or three or as many times you want and enjoy it. I definitely will.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 8:05pm

Post #217 of 348 (9770 views)
Shortcut
     If that's an Easterling... [In reply to]  

... it has to be Khaműl right?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 8:08pm

Post #218 of 348 (9739 views)
Shortcut
     Some observations: [In reply to]  

- The Nine look very intriguing. Much better than the witchking in AUJ. Where is HE btw?

- Saruman has quite yellow teeth himself :D poor raddy..

-Sauron seems to be more "physical" than in DOS or is it just me?

-that statue in Dol Guldur in the middle.. Palantir anyone?!!

- The big trollish guy.. I think he might be the leader of the scout party of orcs/ goblins tha come to Dale before the real battle begins. He seems to be a relative to the Goblin King

- The Elven army really needs to be touched up CGI wise a bit ;)

- Laketown on flames will be a treat in 48fps

- Behind Bard on the tower with the ballista lies his BOW Smile

aifeme
Rivendell

Post #219 of 348 (9695 views)
Shortcut
     Yes. Why would they do that?? [In reply to]  

At first I didn't notice that. Stil think that this trailer is really, really good, I mean I love itSmile But s it too difficult to put some men in elven armor in front of the green screen?

TORn lurker since 2002:]

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Post #220 of 348 (9724 views)
Shortcut
     nice youre finally there, Lieutenant :) ! [In reply to]  

we actually discussed, though in a very small group (Wink )
where Gandalf is in the shot with Saruman,Elrond and Galadriel ?!

Do you think it is possible he leaves after the fight with the Nine, maybe together with Radagast ?!

Joe20
Lorien

Post #221 of 348 (9739 views)
Shortcut
     So I can't have an opinion? [In reply to]  

Arandir
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 8:11pm

Post #222 of 348 (9685 views)
Shortcut
     You may be right, but there's one thing ... [In reply to]  

That shot of Kili giving Tauriel the talisman seems to take place next to a source of water (the high angle shot on Kili's face shows it just off screen towards the left).

This got me thinking that maybe that shot takes place after that attack on Lake-town and Kili leaves Tauriel to join his uncle and the other Dwarves in Erebor.

Just a guess of course Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

(This post was edited by Arandir on Nov 6 2014, 8:16pm)

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Post #223 of 348 (9697 views)
Shortcut
     Just watched and wow I'm really pumped [In reply to]  

This is going be some epic movie. Saruman vs Sauron...yes please! Thranduil looked fantastic and the bats!.....I can't wait!

The emotion was very heavy too....I quite liked it!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

adt100
Rohan

Post #224 of 348 (9687 views)
Shortcut
     Couldn't agree more! [In reply to]  

Saying anything of it is 'atrocious' is beyond opinion, it's hyperbole in the extreme and is simply wrong. People can always hide behind the 'opinion' argument but in this case I'm sorry but it's just our of order and wrong. People can have issue with elements of it, issues with the extensive amount, but with the quality based on this trailer? Certainly not? I have yet to see anything better and on a comparable scale from any of the other big releases this year. CGI is open to far less interpretation with regard 'opinion' than for example, specific designs (of characters or locations), of plot lines, of acting. We'll see of course when AMPAS and all the visual effects guilds and award bodies give their, very experienced and very qualified, opinions on it in the new year.

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 8:14pm

Post #225 of 348 (9691 views)
Shortcut
     it must line up with at least [In reply to]  

65% of the other opinions on this forum to be valid...sorry.

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.