Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOT5A TRAILER 2 OUT!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:29pm

Post #176 of 348 (10909 views)
Shortcut
     This is my last post on this debate [In reply to]  

In Reply To
This is not about opinions. You can say the sky is made of dead fish, and yeah, you have the right to your opinion, but it's clearly ridiculous.

So is saying something of this obvious overall quality is atrocious. If you think that there's nothing behind the same handful of people spewing the same nasty bile here time and time again, on a message board about films they hate yet they can't stop mysteriously posting about is just them offering their sweet little thoughts, I have some swamp property for you.

I can't remember the last time I posted a positive post about the hobbit movies on TORN. I think it's safe to say I'm probably one of those posters that is usually negative.

My opinion of these movies have been quite negative, and that shows in my posts. And I can tell you there's nothing behind me posting about the same negative things in most of the threads. I'm simply offering my opinion. You can think whatever you like about the other posters on this board, but you still have no proof of what they are thinking.

Most importantly, if you truly think they are trolls, then continuously posting about it in the thread is not the proper way to handle it. It seems quite clear the only thing that has happened here is a big fight. My advice is either engage the person respectfully, or ignore them and contact an admin if you think they are trolling.

That's it. I'm done arguing about the arguing on this thread. I've already overstepped my bounds trying to keep things civil. Everyone needs to re-read the sticky at the top of the board again.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Noria
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 7:31pm

Post #177 of 348 (10894 views)
Shortcut
     Me too, Darkstone and it is kind of sad [In reply to]  

For me special effects are always an adjunct to the story, a means to an end rather than the raison d’etre.

AUJ and Dos made extensive use of CGI characters and environments, so why would anyone expect anything different in the final installment? I don't get why people pause the video just to seek out moments they can criticize.

As for the trailer, I loved it, especially the glimpses of so many character moments that will give this film heart and feeling in the midst of all the spectacle. If this trailer is any indication, the final movie will be fantastic.

As usual, those of us who love the previous movies are likely to have loved this trailer. And the converse.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 7:31pm

Post #178 of 348 (10864 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

Some sets in LOTR I would have sworn were real turned out to be cgi, and some sets I thought were cgi turned out to be real locations.

Go fig!

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:32pm

Post #179 of 348 (10872 views)
Shortcut
     Ok, now that I have had time to gather my thoughts. [In reply to]  

A very somber, serious, and dramatic trailer. Very fitting. As I mentioned prior, not necessarily my favorite trailer... but it is up there among them.

The makeshift barricade that the dwarves put up is very impressive; Not only does it block the hole in the wall, it also has a stairway leading up for the defenders! That's some impressive last-minute stonemasonry.

Is it Gundabad that the orcs are entering, and if so, why are they entering, not leaving? Also, is the bat-place a part of it, or is it another location entirely?

The Nine? Yes. Elrond? Yes! Saruman going up against Sauron? OH YES! I can't wait to see what the Dol Guldur-storyline is going to bring.

Surprised to see Dwalin, Thorin's "staunchest supporter", stand up to Thorin like that. Of course, that just makes the effect even more powerful, and Dwalin looks and sounds absolutely heartbroken.

Bard with a bow and arrow? Might the windlance be a red herring after all?

Ok, seriously, those are some menacing-looking bats.

The view from Ravenhill is pretty fantastic.

Legolas vs. Bolg, huh? I do hope Legolas is not the one to land the killing blow.

Finally... could someone tell Thorin to button up that V-neck of his?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 6 2014, 7:36pm

Post #180 of 348 (10851 views)
Shortcut
     Rate the trailer on Pollantir [In reply to]  

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=791879#791879

Glassary
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 7:36pm

Post #181 of 348 (10833 views)
Shortcut
     Love Harrry H movies [In reply to]  

As a child the best scene was the skeletons in Jason & the Argonauts.
Remember thinking this was the most awesome thing ever!

Now as a older (ahem) adult I can see how basic the special effects were
but it doesn't change the magic.

I've also found that in recent years I have to remind myself not to be too critical.
It can be a case of the technology causing the problem.
If I watch a film on my older dinosaur tv, the effects look great and real.
But watching same dvd on my huge HD tv some of the effects and scenes
don't look as good.
Sometimes I think that zooming in tooooo close takes a bit of the magic out.

(This post was edited by Glassary on Nov 6 2014, 7:42pm)

Barrel_Rider
The Shire

Nov 6 2014, 7:37pm

Post #182 of 348 (10840 views)
Shortcut
     The elf faces [In reply to]  

look really weird in the shot at 30 seconds in, the CGI ain't to bad overall, but obviously it's bad in other places. There has been bad CGI in a few parts in every film so far in the trilogy, not that it's all bad but clearly, it is some parts.

As for the trailer, I said before, it's good. But i assume they wanna leave the Dwarf army under wraps.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 9 2014, 7:31pm)

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:37pm

Post #183 of 348 (10850 views)
Shortcut
     Here I go again [In reply to]  

In Reply To
where 'someone' blatantly called anyone who liked the trailer 'sheepish' and would love anything PJ does...that one was a bit aggressive and I wouldn't blame anyone for taking offense.

Yes that is aggressive and offensive. And I do not defend that post at all. At the same time it shows that someone has a certain perception about people who are positive much like other people have perceptions about people who are negative. Perceptions are perceptions and only add fuel to the debate because they become offensive, like the comment you are referring to.

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 7:38pm

Post #184 of 348 (10819 views)
Shortcut
     Totally fair point [In reply to]  

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:40pm

Post #185 of 348 (10855 views)
Shortcut
     Impressive! [In reply to]  

Anyone notice once of the Nazgul looks like an Easterling?

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:40pm

Post #186 of 348 (10820 views)
Shortcut
     once more... [In reply to]  

any ideas where Gandalf is in the scene with Saruman speaking ?

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:41pm

Post #187 of 348 (10791 views)
Shortcut
     Little to no Smaug [In reply to]  

It's interesting that there's little to no Smaug in the trailer. Show's that the marketing people (maybe told by PJ and co) that Smaug gets offed rather quickly and isn't really the focus of film 3 at all.

Of course, the effects of Smaug are very clearly felt throughout. I'm more interested than ever to how they portray his death and the immediate aftermath.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:43pm

Post #188 of 348 (10786 views)
Shortcut
     I need to know what Gandalf is saying in the end! [In reply to]  

Gah!

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

shaundobson
Rivendell

Post #189 of 348 (10763 views)
Shortcut
     isn't he lying on the flor next to galadriel in the background? [In reply to]  

Lindele
Gondor

Post #190 of 348 (10746 views)
Shortcut
     hahahaha [In reply to]  

I have no idea...no idea at all.

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 7:44pm

Post #191 of 348 (10759 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed [In reply to]  

I like Fili (obviously) and I have forgiven his lack of inclusion in the first 2 movies because i know they switched actors, but this final film when Fili SHOULD have some significant moments I'm sad to see more Kili up front and center... Fili is the next in line to the thrown, I wish this was played up more and I'll be really angry if Fili is pushed aside for Kili centric scenes. kili and tauriel fine whatever i dont like it but it's a thing so i get it but Fili being pushed aside from any serious interaction with Thorin in favor of Kili confuses me to no end. Honestly wonder why they didn't switch them and have Kili be next in line as your average movie goer probably thinks Kili is Thorins son or something at this point and Fili is his cousin. Hopefully the trailer isn't indicative of the whole movie as at least the promotional posters and stuff have been pushing Thorin, Kili, Fili as they should.

As for the trailer as a whole I loved it, yeah too much CGI but at this point was I expecting it to look like FOTR? no.

(This post was edited by FiliSonOfDis on Nov 6 2014, 7:46pm)

Macfeast
Rohan

Post #192 of 348 (10772 views)
Shortcut
     Good eyes! [In reply to]  

And the individual designs altogether are very interesting.

Spalko
Rivendell

Post #193 of 348 (10746 views)
Shortcut
     I was wondering that too [In reply to]  

We see Galadriel holding him as the nine approach, and the next scene, same place, he is not where he was. What will happen between those scenes? Perhaps will Radagast appear and take care of him while the others fight? I remember the behind scenes video where Gandalf and Galadriel are on the ground and we can see Radagast in behind them and the sled on their left.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:45pm

Post #194 of 348 (10719 views)
Shortcut
     cant see him there [In reply to]  

In Reply To

nowhere Unimpressed

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:45pm

Post #195 of 348 (10726 views)
Shortcut
     Not me [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Anyone notice once of the Nazgul looks like an Easterling?

I didn't notice that. I did notice they have some interesting armor designs. One of them seems to have horns that droop down on the sides. Looks awesome to me. I really can't wait to see how they turn out. They also look a little translucent. That with the white shade is making me think this is their twilight form and that they aren't simply wearing armor.

adt100
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 7:46pm

Post #196 of 348 (10767 views)
Shortcut
     It is pretty awesome! [In reply to]  

I've watched it 9 times. Reaches the heights of TTT trailer which was equally stunning. Can't wait to see it with Interstellar tomorrow. :)

Lindele
Gondor

Post #197 of 348 (10753 views)
Shortcut
     He says [In reply to]  

YOU HAVE BUT ONE QUESTION TO ANSWER....
HOW SHALL THIS DAY END?

shaundobson
Rivendell

Post #198 of 348 (10711 views)
Shortcut
     i agree [In reply to]  

You don't even need to pause the video to see that all the elves have the same faces at 0:30 !!

I'm sorry but for a franchise that has cost hundreds of millions it is simply not good enough. :(

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 7:47pm

Post #199 of 348 (10686 views)
Shortcut
     The other way round. [In reply to]  

Gamling (Bruce Hopkins) slashed Hill's ear during the scene (some bodyguard!), though it was not severed completely. Hill also broke his sternum and later sustained a groin injury while riding his horse, which made his Pelennor scenes rather painful.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 7:48pm

Post #200 of 348 (10696 views)
Shortcut
     Love it // [In reply to]  

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.