BOT5A TRAILER 2 OUT!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 6 2014, 6:33pm

Post #76 of 348 (11613 views)
Shortcut
     Yes - me [In reply to]  

Thought I had better stop watching before I wear it out, but that is amazing. Intense - and focused so much on character.

Breathtaking - far too much to take in at once (or three or six times or....)

greenbalrog
Bree

Post #77 of 348 (11715 views)
Shortcut
     Saruman, White Council, Elrond, Sauron, Galadriel, the 9, Gandalf [In reply to]  

Oh I know I'm so gonna love this!

Arannir
Valinor

Post #78 of 348 (11646 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you! [In reply to]  

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Cirashala
Valinor

Post #79 of 348 (11743 views)
Shortcut
     looks to me [In reply to]  

like he knocked her bow out of her hand, actually.

I had to watch it about eight times to pause right at that moment (as if I needed an excuse to watch it lol Angelic) but there's a blurred recurve bow tip in one of the frames. I'm an archer (who also has a recurve bow) and I know that Tauriel has one too, so that's how I could tell what the blurred object is in her hand.

He's DEFINITELY pissed at her, that's for sure! Now it remains to be seen whether he's pissed because she left Mirkwood, or because of that awful shot of her and Kili exchanging his runestone Crazy

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 6:34pm

Post #80 of 348 (11660 views)
Shortcut
     What about that people can't *like* it... [In reply to]  

without being called sheeps...

Our destiny lies above us.

adt100
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 6:34pm

Post #81 of 348 (11631 views)
Shortcut
     No, because it genuinely is first rate and anyone who says it's "atrocious" is frankly idiotic.// [In reply to]  

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 6:35pm

Post #82 of 348 (11612 views)
Shortcut
     Dito 10000 % [In reply to]  

Really people... just try to see the love and heart this trailer evokes... the line deliverys esp. of Thorin and Dwalin make me cry...

Elarie
Grey Havens

Post #83 of 348 (11625 views)
Shortcut
     Oh my goodness! [In reply to]  

I think I forgot to breathe. Fantastic!

Farewell hope,
and with hope
farewell fear.

John Milton

redgiraffe
Rohan

Post #84 of 348 (11608 views)
Shortcut
     Mabye [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Has to do with scale. Look at the Dol Guldur orcs, they're practical because they'll be fighting the elves. The orcs fighting the dwarves are CG because of scale issues. You can't easily find fifty stunt performers who are all over 7ft tall.

I see what you're saying. At the same time there were CGI orcs in places when they weren't fighting any dwarves in the previous movies. And I still think they could find different methods to pull it off on film with real actors whether it be size doubles for the dwarves or even green screening separate fights. Or even having smaller orcs in some places.

One things for sure on this thread already is the courtesy of everyone seems to be quite lessened as of late (Not you, Carne). Everyone here arguing against the CGI or defending it needs to maintain a respectful level of conversation.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

cats16
Half-elven

Post #85 of 348 (11577 views)
Shortcut
     Very much so [In reply to]  

I've so far held myself to three, to not wear it out like you said. I am surprised, actually, how little CG we saw in the trailer. I'm really starting to see what PJ meant by the battle being 'personal' for the most part.

Wow.

Gone for the next several hours, so hopefully I'll be back fresh then.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Thranduiliel
Bree

Nov 6 2014, 6:36pm

Post #86 of 348 (11665 views)
Shortcut
     Well yes [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Or portrayed as having antagonistic qualities to our heroes. He is shown to be a coward and selfish and vain. Obviously he's more complex, but his role within the narrative (at least in film 2) is as a villian.

I'm sure BOTFA will show his complexity, but it's a two minute trailer. You can't really judge based on that. Just you wait! Wink

It's his portrayal as a villain in the movies, with little explanation of his motives/history I'm objecting to. Sorry, I'm still smarting from Thranduil not being expanded on in the DoS EE. Smile

"Long will I tarry, ere I begin this war for gold. The dwarves cannot pass us, unless we will, nor do anything that we cannot mark. Let us hope still for something will bring reconciliation. Our advantage in numbers will be enough, if in the end it must come to unhappy blows.”

Not so warmongery! I take your point, it's a 2 minute trailer - I hope what we've seen of him is prior to him seeing the plight of Laketown, rather than his son teaching him the errors of his ways. And I still don't know what to make of him vs Tauriel!

But yes, of course, I shall wait and see...Wink

(This post was edited by Thranduiliel on Nov 6 2014, 6:37pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Post #87 of 348 (11587 views)
Shortcut
     Because there's noting wrong with the CGI. [In reply to]  

I watch that I don't see special effects at all - just Middle Earth, and glimpses of the way the story will unfold.

adt100
Rohan

Post #88 of 348 (11570 views)
Shortcut
     Very well said indeed! [In reply to]  

It's hard not to get sucked into such comments and almost take them personally when you are so passionate about something, but I think the best thing to do with such gripes is ignore them. If they they don't like it then fine, don't see the film. It will not stop my enjoyment of this one ioata.

Trolls.... they're very commonplace in Middle Earth you know. ;)

Macfeast
Rohan

Nov 6 2014, 6:37pm

Post #89 of 348 (11568 views)
Shortcut
     I dislike that too, of course. [In reply to]  

But I hadn't seen that side of it yet when I wrote my post. Didn't mean to suggest that only one side was unfairly treated.

(This post was edited by Macfeast on Nov 6 2014, 6:38pm)

Smaug Report
Bree

Nov 6 2014, 6:37pm

Post #90 of 348 (11620 views)
Shortcut
     There is no bad CG in these films, period. [In reply to]  

And I am not a mindless defender of CG, because there are clearly horrible fx shots in films all the time.

I'm also not a mindless apologist. It's clear, that the same 3-5 posters who pop up like whack-a-moles with the same boring, nonsense every time there is a chance to rain on people's parades is not an accident, and it is nauseating.

So is the fact that TORN'S mod's allow these people to spew their nonsense by "protecting their opinions", which are clearly not mere opinions, but provoking, obnoxious nonsense, and they know they can get away with it, because if anyone DARES offer criticism of THEIR post, they are banned or warned for flaming.

Weak. So the bashers can bash FX artists who are PEOPLE, and PJ and his CREW which are PEOPLE, but we can't bash the bashers back, because well, they're people!

How anyone could watch that trailer and say it's atrocious is laughable. LAUGHABLE.

I will show you revenge...

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 6 2014, 8:30pm)

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 6:38pm

Post #91 of 348 (11555 views)
Shortcut
     Except [In reply to]  

in LOTR it is "army bread for a single purpose...to destroy the world of men..."

so not the same really.

Smaug Report
Bree

Nov 6 2014, 6:40pm

Post #92 of 348 (11561 views)
Shortcut
     everyone has a right to an opinion and this is mine. [In reply to]  

If you have a problem with that, feel free to ban me. I will gladly leave your site.

I will show you revenge...

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 6:40pm

Post #93 of 348 (11530 views)
Shortcut
     I admire your bravery [In reply to]  

Farficom
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 6:41pm

Post #94 of 348 (11545 views)
Shortcut
     Final trailer. [In reply to]  

It is finally here along with a lot of feels. The shot of all the Dwarves with Bilbo in the back we have seen before, but the falling statue makes that shot much more poignant. SARUMAN, bats, and the Dwalin line... Oh, my. The Fili and Kili moment is incredibly touching, but on the other hand trolls with catapults on their backs seem very weird. In the end I must say that Alfrid making an appearance is the most surprising, and the Tauriel/Thrandy moment has me wondering what is going on there.

I like the trailer, and will have to study it a lot more.

(This post was edited by Farficom on Nov 6 2014, 6:46pm)

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Nov 6 2014, 6:42pm

Post #95 of 348 (11540 views)
Shortcut
     Take a pill [In reply to]  

Your insecurities are showing. Let everyone like or dislike the film as they please. Me? Found the aesthetics iffy as always, but some of the dramatic elements are breathtaking. Dol Guldur in particular seems beautifully staged.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 6:42pm

Post #96 of 348 (11582 views)
Shortcut
     No words :( [In reply to]  

TORN ist right now the worst place to discuss this trailer.

What has happened?

It is so, so sad.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

aifeme
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 6:44pm

Post #97 of 348 (11490 views)
Shortcut
     It's astonishing !!! [In reply to]  

Oh my, this is perfectSmile

TORn lurker since 2002:]

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 6:44pm

Post #98 of 348 (11470 views)
Shortcut
     Ôhe bravest and most true post [In reply to]  

i have seen in TORN.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Nov 6 2014, 6:45pm)

Bishop
Gondor

Nov 6 2014, 6:45pm

Post #99 of 348 (11488 views)
Shortcut
     Great trailer, honestly [In reply to]  

Exciting stuff, well crafted trailer. But I can't stave off this feeling of dread about the movie itself.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 6:45pm

Post #100 of 348 (11491 views)
Shortcut
     Different capabilities of suspension of belief. [In reply to]  

I grew up on creature features from the 50s with rubber-suited monsters and string-propelled spaceships so modern cgi is just totally awesome to me!

I'm so grateful I'm not a jaded millennial. Kinda sad for them.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.