The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Lord Of The Rings Extended Editions

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Nov 4 2014, 9:00pm

Post #1 of 4 (956 views)
Shortcut
Lord Of The Rings Extended Editions Can't Post

So I Just bought Desolation Of Smaug Extended Edition I'm looking forward to watching it when I get time it's kind of an all day thing for me lol. Anyway this thread is about the covers of the EE. When AUJ EE came out I was slightly disappointed that the cover didn't look like a book like the covers for LOTR did. it had a window with a picture in it the UK got one that looked like the old LOTR covers. But after I held it in my hands I began to like The Hobbit cover sure it was different but that was okay, now that DOS has followed the trend (I got the one with Bilbo in front of Smaug's giant eye) I wondered what the LOTR covers would look like if they were made like the Hobbit, would they use a poster a scene from the movie or what? this is what I think

FOTR
The Argonath

TTT
Orthanc with Barad Dur in the background

ROTK
Minas Tirith

well that's my 2 cents what covers do you think they'd use?

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Nov 5 2014, 3:54pm

Post #2 of 4 (527 views)
Shortcut
Maybe the covers they used for the LE DVDs [In reply to] Can't Post

These seem to be pretty popular and I like them too. They used the same ones for the standalone releases of EE Blu-rays and for the movie tie in paperbacks of the books used to promote the Hobbit.

So as you can see. Argonath for FOTR, Orthanc for TTT and Barad-dur for ROTK.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 7:44pm

Post #3 of 4 (542 views)
Shortcut
I really like the look of these. [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though technically they're a double dip, they did a nice job on these, with the Theatrical and Extended Editions on one disc, and the Costa Botes docs on the other. I like having all the sets-- the original Theatrical Editions for the trailers and cheezy bonus features, and the big Extended Editions for the Appendices.

cliffmiller

Jan 12 2015, 1:15am

Post #4 of 4 (262 views)
Shortcut
I have the extended edition [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the extended edition and its about 40 or so minutes added to the movie with extra parts that wasnt in the theaters. Most movies when they come out these days, they have an extended dvd version, such as Taken has an extra 15 or so mins to, not sure i havent bought it yet. Over all the extra minutes just expand the story, sometimes its explains more.

Basically the extra mins are the parts they cut out of the movie so that they can play it in theater for a reasonable time length in the theaters. They just put them back in on the dvd and called it extended edition.Wink

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Jan 12 2015, 1:49am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.